1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Jurassic Park Expansion?

Discussion in 'Islands of Adventure' started by insanepizzaguy, Jan 12, 2013.

1. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

If they were to do that, how plausible could it be that the entire track gets reworked, to be more like Singapore's Canopy Flyers (from Setpoint Inc, the people responsible for Hollywood's DMMM and F&F implementations), to where it can accommodate a higher amount of riders and adults?

2. LJGonz

LJGonz Member

Nahhh, that would mean changing the cars and track, maybe even the mechanics of the ride. Better to replace it entirely.

happy bunny rabbit likes this.
  3. Tyc00n96

Tyc00n96 Rookie

I remember reading about this long lost wooden coaster concept for JP. I would love for this to come back. The idea of having a blacklight effect reveal all the raptor slashes in the train is awesome

': Jurassic Park : The Raptors Racer That Never Was

Attached Files:

4. DR S

DR S Newcomer

Quint and happy bunny rabbit like this.
  5. joelbryant11

joelbryant11 Newcomer

I didn't even like PF when I was a kid. It can go, by all means.

6. anihilnation

anihilnation Veteran Member

Next week there's a special Jurassic park presentation in Hollywood, which apparently will also be used to say something about Hollywood's River Adventure; might this also be when we will hear something about our Jurassic Park?

7. AlexanderMBush

Nothing has been said of Hollywood's Jurassic Park - The Ride being talked about during that event.

8. anihilnation

anihilnation Veteran Member

Screamscape mentioned it, granted, it is just a rumor, but it would make sense to reveal a refurb of River Adventure.

9. Galaxy Defender

Galaxy Defender Premium Member

At very least it will be a good look at what we could get.

10. AlexanderMBush

If it gets announced, I would assume Universal Orlando would announce theirs shortly after the event, to at-least give some breathing room.

11. AliciaStella

AliciaStella Premium Member

Looks like ‘Blue’ from the Jurassic World films will be joining the Raptor Encounter soon. Guess that means it’s not temporarily moving for a new ride to be built till at least after the summer.

belloq87, maroonmol, Felipe and 4 others like this.
  12. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

Nice. Maybe an upgrade to the costume also even though it’s not really needed. Just always nice.

13. Galaxy Defender

Universal is good at shutting an attraction down right after Labor Day and having a great new ride open up 20 months later. Well, other than F&FS.

Felipe, Imperius and AliciaStella like this.
  14. Happytycho

Happytycho Rookie

I don't think that they have actually done that very many times unless you use a really liberal definition of "right after labor day."

15. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Last time I can remember would be with Twister/Fallon. It's been well over 20 months (32-ish) from closure of Disaster to open of F&F so you can't count that.

16. MagicMagicMagic

MagicMagicMagic Newcomer

Here's something that could be interesting...

Last week, a Demolition permit was filed with the City of Orlando (Project 791). Details were scarce so I didn't want to post anything yet, as I don't like speculating on just a project number. Then, yesterday, two new Project 791 permits were filed - an engineering permit (which is also for the demolition) and a building permit for a fence. I still didn't have any specific details though, like project size, or even what park the project was for.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fast forward to about 3 hours ago, when a new SFWMD permit popped up - for Project 971? For those who might not remember, Project 971 was the project number for the Simpsons mini-land they added to USF back in 2013. Weird that they would be filing a new permit for that. But after some digging, I believe it was a simple typo/mix-up, because all the supporting documentation for this new filing references Islands of Adventure:

[​IMG]

The demolition is for a total of 1.36 acres within IOA. Unfortunately, there is no exact location available yet... but, with help from the project description, we can make a very educated guess on where it will be:

So we're looking for 1.36 acres with several small to medium sized structures. The fact that I'm posting this in this JP thread kind of ruins any element of surprise here, but it just so happens that the former Triceratops Encounter plot of land is roughly 1.36 acres in size:

[​IMG]

Again, this is mostly still speculative... All we can really gather from these permits is there's a 1.36 acre demolition project about to start in IOA and they probably made a typo when filing with the SFWMD... But combining that with the whispers from the insiders about a new JP coaster really makes this seem likely.

17. Galaxy Defender

Certainly sounds like you nailed it there. You get my vote for Inside Universal post of the day.

18. JungleSkip

JungleSkip Premium Member

I've been told "Raptor Encounter will not be affected" by the new ride construction. Take that however you will, as I wasn't told anything else on what they meant by that.

19. Galaxy Defender

That is a very specific statement which would infer that something was going on around it.

20. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

I think it gets moved and upgraded but it'll remain.