Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 326 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something that could be interesting...

Last week, a Demolition permit was filed with the City of Orlando (Project 791). Details were scarce so I didn't want to post anything yet, as I don't like speculating on just a project number. Then, yesterday, two new Project 791 permits were filed - an engineering permit (which is also for the demolition) and a building permit for a fence. I still didn't have any specific details though, like project size, or even what park the project was for.

qGbZsm7.png

nmQCcau.png

Q4uQI5n.png

Fast forward to about 3 hours ago, when a new SFWMD permit popped up - for Project 971? For those who might not remember, Project 971 was the project number for the Simpsons mini-land they added to USF back in 2013. Weird that they would be filing a new permit for that. But after some digging, I believe it was a simple typo/mix-up, because all the supporting documentation for this new filing references Islands of Adventure:

yncYNua.png

The demolition is for a total of 1.36 acres within IOA. Unfortunately, there is no exact location available yet... but, with help from the project description, we can make a very educated guess on where it will be:

So we're looking for 1.36 acres with several small to medium sized structures. The fact that I'm posting this in this JP thread kind of ruins any element of surprise here, but it just so happens that the former Triceratops Encounter plot of land is roughly 1.36 acres in size:

JCgrwQT.jpg

Again, this is mostly still speculative... All we can really gather from these permits is there's a 1.36 acre demolition project about to start in IOA and they probably made a typo when filing with the SFWMD... But combining that with the whispers from the insiders about a new JP coaster really makes this seem likely.
Incredible detective work! :clap:

The question now is do they work around Raptor Encounter or relocate it temporarily. Temporary relocation sounds like the better bet. Would a temporary location require construction or just placement of some props?

The question now is do they work around Raptor Encounter or relocate it temporarily. Temporary relocation sounds like the better bet. Would a temporary location require construction or just placement of some props?

Last I heard on here (and also confirmed by innuendo) is that it will in fact be temporarily relocated.

But after some digging, I believe it was a simple typo/mix-up, because all the supporting documentation for this new filing references Islands of Adventure:

yncYNua.png
Speaking of typos...
Those latitude/longitude coordinates are near the base of Krakatau in Volcano Bay, not in IOA like they should be.

I do wonder what kind of ride it will be. If it's a themed family coaster like what's been rumored forever, they'll have to get really creative, as that is a really small area. Big Thunder is about 1.7 acres while SDMT is 2-ish (Man SDMT wastes its space). They could probably get away with making smaller trains to fit more into a small space...but then we have capacity/line issues.

I definitely don't think there's room there for anything super thrilling like some were saying, unless they put a drop tower there or something (they won't put a drop tower there)

Reactions: Jones14
Knowing Universal, would you really be surprised if they put coaster track out in front of the Discovery Center (like Rip Ride Rockit in front of the facades,) or over pathways with nets (like Flying Dinosaur?)

The area in question is nearly as big as Camp Jurassic. You throw in some supports that branch out in different parts of the land and you got yourself a coaster... Especially if it's more family (Coastersaurus at Legoland Florida) and less thrill ride (Lightning Rod at Dollywood.)

JP-Map2.jpg

Of course, it's always possible that the new attraction will not be a coaster. We really do not know. Gentle Giants Petting Zoo anyone?

Reactions: belloq87
Status
Not open for further replies.