Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited for this and think it makes logical sense to replace the Flyers with a bigger, more marketable coaster that has a capacity of more than 2 people an hour. However, something tells me this was ultimately given the greenlight shortly after the decision was made to accelerate plans for the third park. This provides a "quick" attraction addition for 2020 that requires very little R&D allowing resources and more ambitious ride designs to be shifted to the south property. I have a feeling Mario being pulled from Kidzone wasn't the only project originally planned for the existing two parks to get shuffled over to the third park. I wonder if the rumor that Secret Life of Pets is no longer slated for USF is another such project.

I'm excited for this and think it makes logical sense to replace the Flyers with a bigger, more marketable coaster that has a capacity of more than 2 people an hour. However, something tells me this was ultimately given the greenlight shortly after the decision was made to accelerate plans for the third park. This provides a "quick" attraction addition for 2020 that requires very little R&D allowing resources and more ambitious ride designs to be shifted to the south property. I have a feeling Mario being pulled from Kidzone wasn't the only project originally planned for the existing two parks to get shuffled over to the third park. I wonder if the rumor that Secret Life of Pets is no longer slated for USF is another such project.

I have only heard that Pets is a go for Hollywood. And to be honest, exclusivity can be something that we can all have every now and again.

I have only heard that Pets is a go for Hollywood. And to be honest, exclusivity can be something that we can all have every now and again.
Pets is a go for Hollywood (plans changed from the lower lot to the upper lot) and WAS a go for Florida's Shrek 4D too until plans changed. At least according to multiple insiders. I highly doubt a ride based on one of the highest grossing animated films of all time and the highest grossing Illumination movie to date (even surpassing Despicable Me) was planned as a Hollywood exclusive especially considering Universal doesn't even like to keep poorly received attractions exclusive these days.

When Universal decided start shifting projects in the existing parks to the upcoming park it looks like they dusted off a lot of old plans to use. Fallon proposed rheTonight Show attraction years ago. We have two screen attractions from Hollywood. Ministry of magic looks like it's finally green lit. A coaster for Jurassic Park has been proposed for a good long time, but this one appears to be different than the original proposals.

Nothing wrong with dusting off or reusing old ideas. Well, except for Fast and Furious. We might not be getting Universal Creative's A game at these two parks but we are getting two big attractions a year now.

If they are indeed putting a coaster in Jurassic Park, then I think they should fast track this and have it open next year as well. IOA will be pretty busy with the Potter coaster, so have the JP coaster open as well might help with crowds a bit.

If they are indeed putting a coaster in Jurassic Park, then I think they should fast track this and have it open next year as well. IOA will be pretty busy with the Potter coaster, so have the JP coaster open as well might help with crowds a bit.
That would be great, but I can't see universal opening up two big attractions in Islands of Adventure the same year.

True, but we should still have Ministry of Magic and the Shrek replacement in Studios, and potentially changes in LC and a new Seuss ride, so there is still a lot of possibility.

Agreed. I do think that the potter coaster will be as good or better than those two but, not so sure about the rumored Jurassic coaster. I guess we shall see.

What might be cool is using the Mack suspensed power coaster themed to flying dinousar.
What is going to make the JP coaster great is the view.

Status
Not open for further replies.