Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 322 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beware the Velociraptor water cannons.
and the footprints, that emit monstrous dinosaur sounds, are pretty cool too....PF probably isn't much of a ride, especially since us adults can't ride it without a little kid convoy, but the outside theming of PF, in conjunction with and sharing CJ trails, is absolutely beautiful.

IoA has some of the coolest kids playgrounds in the theme park business. But, they're a little too well-hidden.

Seriously, my most magical Universal memory was when I was wandering Camp Jurassic as a kid. I'll be devastated if they demolish Camp Jurassic.
I don't think anyone has suggested that camp Jurassic will go away, just that Pteradon flyers might.

I personally not too convinced about that (mostly paranoia). It seems like a larger coaster with more capacity will take up more room and eat into the area. Plus, navigating construction equipment around there seems very difficult
Most of the coaster if this happens would go in the plot of area where the Triceratops encounter was. It's a big plot of fairly empty land. I think the worst case scenario is Camp Jurassic is shut down for a while as the work goes on.

image_converted.jpg
For my own sanity, I got the maps out.

Camp Jurassic is on the left. Flyers is the silver line that surrounds it. The old Triceratops plot is the middle (you can see Raptor Encounter). Discovery Center is to the right.

A new coaster could easily surround Camp Jurassic like Flyers does. I'm not convinced you could place coaster track inside the current Camp Jurassic because there's no room for construction equipment. That being said, you could extend the caves out (bottom middle part of Camp) which currently looks like it's a part of Flyers (maintenance bay?)

Can anybody help me ID what's immediately below Camp Jurassic and Flyers? Is that just backstage?

I would certainly like a redone entrance to Camp Jurrassic

It's actually pretty popular during the summer though
Redoing the entrance. I'll second that.

If CJ had to be shut down for a while it would be a good opportunity to make some improvements. Funny thing is, other than the entrance I can't figure out what would improve it.

Redoing the entrance. I'll second that.

If CJ had to be shut down for a while it would be a good opportunity to make some improvements. Funny thing is, other than the entrance I can't figure out what would improve it.
They replaced all the wood on the bridges a little over a year ago, the rubber mats around slides and water areas look like they were replaced not long ago, and nets were updated too. That area is very well kept lately and I really appreciate it.

But the misters are off around the back near the electric fences. Actually, come to think of it, the misters by Kong have been off for awhile too. Are they just done with misters now?

They replaced all the wood on the bridges a little over a year ago, the rubber mats around slides and water areas look like they were replaced not long ago, and nets were updated too. That area is very well kept lately and I really appreciate it.

But the misters are off around the back near the electric fences. Actually, come to think of it, the misters by Kong have been off for awhile too. Are they just done with misters now?
A mister mistery. We need to get the Scooby gang on this.

Turning off the misters is an odd thing. They were great for atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.