Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 320 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More pics of supports. They all seemed marked, and some have extra markings under the check. It does look like their bolts were somewhat recently inspected, hence the pink markings... But why put big ugly spray paint check marks in a show space visible to guests?

So.... now that I see this, it looks more like a maintenance/preventative maintenance job. Bolts have been torqued and the paint line helps inspectors to easily see if they have moved/loosened after this process. I agree that the visible external markings are odd, but maybe they will be repainting these supports once this work is done?

So with absolutely no idea what the ride will actually look like, let me just guess and say that the yellow blow in this picture will be the coaster-y parts with a scene or two, and the yellow line around Camp Jurassic will be slow moving and Peoplemover-esque

So, my dream ride here- given the circumstances- would be:

Queue through Discovery Center. Board vehicles and then have a nice slow build up and ride through Camp Jurassic- nice music, birds, everything great. Then, something goes wrong (which we see coming up as we exit CJ)- then the coaster fun starts.

Doesn't have to be incredible, but a solid D would fit the area wonderfully.

The best part of PF was certainly the views and going through the "jungle"- so hopefully that remains.

So.... now that I see this, it looks more like a maintenance/preventative maintenance job. Bolts have been torqued and the paint line helps inspectors to easily see if they have moved/loosened after this process. I agree that the visible external markings are odd, but maybe they will be repainting these supports once this work is done?
This a plausible theory.

Also, no other markings or survey flags anywhere in JP, including in front of Discovery Center.

:thumbsdown:Yeah, unfortunately with no other survey related evidence, I'm of the opinion this is a maintenance based activity on PF and nothing more.

:thumbsdown:Yeah, unfortunately with no other survey related evidence, I'm of the opinion this is a maintenance based activity on PF and nothing more.

I mean, just because there's no other markings doesn't mean there won't be other ones. I don't think that's a reason to believe this is nothing.

EDIT: That being said, the new evidence also doesn't have me believing it's something (yet). At this point we probably have to #WaitAndSee

Last edited:
The last two times I have been in Camp Jurassic there were no flames. It's possible this is just coincidence or it was due to wind. On the other one hand if no one has seen fames recently it could be they've turned the gas off in preparation for some work.

The last two times I have been in Camp Jurassic there were no flames. It's possible this is just coincidence or it was due to wind. On the other one hand if no one has seen fames recently it could be they've turned the gas off in preparation for some work.
Flames are off outside of Kong gate today too. (They are on inside ride.)

Reactions: Ryno27
It is off they would gob that black paint on there. But a scheduled inspection may have been required. Even if it's going to go soon. How soon, if ever, that black paint gets covered may be an indication.

Gas torches have always always been hit or miss in IOA... ever since way back in the beginning. I have no idea why it happens but I am sure there is some innocuous reason for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.