Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 321 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whew! Finally up to date on this thread... Excited for the possibilities, with just one concern:

...Perhaps we should say goodbye to Camp Jurassic along the way too?
I would hate to lose Camp Jurassic
If Camp Jurassic is gone- that'll be tough- as it's fantastic and incredibly unique.
[...]
I'd hope they could incorporate or include some sort of play area still.

I really think they should keep Camp Jurassic. Just recently I was mentioning on the KidZone thread how important and popular these playground areas are. Not to mention CJ is so beautiful, and fun for both kids and adults to explore.

So with absolutely no idea what the ride will actually look like, let me just guess and say that the yellow blow in this picture will be the coaster-y parts with a scene or two, and the yellow line around Camp Jurassic will be slow moving and Peoplemover-esque

In my mind, this would be the ideal footprint for this rumored new attraction. I've never been on Pjhgfhyterdion Flyers, so I'm not sure how big the loading area is, but it might be convenient to keep the structure for the new ride, sort of how Dragon's is keeping theirs. I think I've read before how there's a financial advantage, or different level of permits, or something along those lines... if they re-use a structure or part of it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Something about the building being grandfathered in and zoning or something... I'm drawing a total blank right now.

I'd honestly love for the static Spinosaurus head in the JP area to be replaced with the animatronic one from Universal Studios Japan.

That looks amazing, and similar to Raptor Encounter. We could definitely use some of Japan's magic. They've got some REALLY cool stuff there...

I think loading/unloading/queue in the old Triceratops Encounter plot with the coaster going in and around the southern portions of the island including out over Camp Jurassic would be perfect. Removing the Flyers makes sense to both give the new ride the room it will need and to replace a flawed low-capacity attraction that the majority of guests can't experience in the first place.

I think loading/unloading/queue in the old Triceratops Encounter plot with the coaster going in and around the southern portions of the island including out over Camp Jurassic would be perfect. Removing the Flyers makes sense to both give the new ride the room it will need and to replace a flawed low-capacity attraction that the majority of guests can't experience in the first place.

To be blunt, it isn't that much space that the flyers took anyways, and if anything, was external of Camp Jurassic (as it's layout was just a giant free formed circle.

To be blunt, it isn't that much space that the flyers took anyways, and if anything, was external of Camp Jurassic (as it's layout was just a giant free formed circle.
I believe Universal is a a spree to get rid of rides with low customer satisfaction. PF is a great ride, but is short with miserably low capacity and that frustrating height/child restriction. Every time I am there I hear adults wanting to borrow kids to ride it. Taking it out to build part of a better tracked ride would be brilliant.

I believe Universal is a a spree to get rid of rides with low customer satisfaction. PF is a great ride, but is short with miserably low capacity and that frustrating height/child restriction. Every time I am there I hear adults wanting to borrow kids to ride it. Taking it out to build part of a better tracked ride would be brilliant.
So right you are. While filming and taking pictures of PF yesterday over a dozen adults without kids were turned away from the ride, most of them cursing as they left. And that was in a few minute span! Some teens were so excited to ride they were literally skipping and cheering as they approached, just to be told only riders with children could go on this aerial adventure. Their cheer went to sadness in an instant. Those were not happy campers.

The ride is an advertisement for itself. From Toon Lagoon all the way to Camp Jurassic people see it and go, ohhh I wanna ride that! Just to be told by sign after sign and then TM after TM when they approach that it's just for kids. It's a giant heap of disappointment, and personally I wouldn't mind if they replaced it. I got to ride once. Once in the hundreds of times I've been to the park. Because I happened to be there when a child was in my group. Something I could only get on once in 19 years of visiting does not an attraction make.

Burn it to the ground!

So right you are. While filming and taking pictures of PF yesterday over a dozen adults without kids were turned away from the ride, most of them cursing as they left. And that was in a few minute span! Some teens were so excited to ride they were literally skipping and cheering as they approached, just to be told only riders with children could go on this aerial adventure. Their cheer went to sadness in an instant. Those were not happy campers.

The ride is an advertisement for itself. From Toon Lagoon all the way to Camp Jurassic people see it and go, ohhh I wanna ride that! Just to be told by sign after sign and then TM after TM when they approach that it's just for kids. It's a giant heap of disappointment, and personally I wouldn't mind if they replaced it. I got to ride once. Once in the hundreds of times I've been to the park. Because I happened to be there when a child was in my group. Something I could only get on once in 19 years of visiting does not an attraction make.

Burn it to the ground!
You bring the matches and I'll bring the marshmallows.:)

A new coaster in JP to me is the best bet for IOA's new attraction for 2020. It makes use of unused area, potentially gets rid of a ride with high negatives and adds new life to an area that needs it.

To be ready for 2020, work would likely start right after Labor Day. It could be only four more months to find a child to take on PF. This could shut down Camp Jurrasic for a good while.

A new coaster in JP to me is the best bet for IOA's new attraction for 2020. It makes use of unused area, potentially gets rid of a ride with high negatives and adds new life to an area that needs it.

To be ready for 2020, work would likely start right after Labor Day. It could be only four more months to find a child to take on PF. This could shut down Camp Jurrasic for a good while.
It's not like there is a shortage of kiddie attractions at IOA like there is at USF.

You see, I didn’t even know there was a cave!
This is a big problem for Camp Jurassic. Many people don't go back into the area at all, especially if they don't have kids. Fewer still actually explore the area and find all of the Little Treasures there.

There is a really cool cave system with running water, lights, rope Bridges and multiple passages. There are outside walkways that go around and behind the small waterfall.

Yes, you can even see the backside of water.

I'd be glad to see Pteradon Fliers go overall, however I do have one fond memory of it... I was exploring one of the caves of Camp Jurassic, and I was pretty alone in the area. I legitimately jumped when I saw the shadow of something flying behind me and heard a loud "swooshing" noise... turns out it was a Pteradon Flier train. It was pretty effective and added to the atmosphere of when I was exploring. I'd hope if we get a new coaster, it could blend in similarly.

Yes, great area. We go back there and explore every vacation. And there's some "surprises" afoot. Caution when crossing some of the bridges in the caves....And "something terrible goes wrong" Universal theme creeps up here too. :ay:

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
Status
Not open for further replies.