Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok I just realized that Surprise would connect to Happy Death Day, mostly due to due to during surprise birthday parties when someone says “Surprise!”. Also that was a scene in Happy Death Day.

It would be great if Time Warner or if Blumhouse took the rights for Scream. But it will most likely go to Lionsgate.

If Lionsgate gets it then it’ll be easy to get since we had SAW last year and in 19.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Lionsgate has home video rights with new Weinstein titles.

The scream trilogy was distributed on Blu-ray by Lionsgate.

Without knowing the ins and outs of the contractual arrangements I’d guess Lionsgate only have distribution rights. Assuming this is the case, then Lionsgate would only be able to distribute the films via different mediums (ie dvd/Blu-ray, cinema, etc). They would not have the right to alter, exploit, or otherwise monetise the IP. But as I said, this is only my guess, not fact.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Happy Death Day will not be a House with Orlando. Only if horrors of Blumhouse came back. Don’t get me wrong the movie was good but as a house it would throw mainstream people off.

My guess for IPs could be just Stranger Things and Trick R’ Treat. There may be some random ones. Poltergeist won’t be coming. I have a feeling we may have two or three IPs. And the rest be all original.
(This is all my guess, not true).

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess for IPs could be just Stranger Things and Trick R’ Treat. There may be some random ones. Poltergeist won’t be coming. I have a feeling we may have two or three IPs. And the rest be all original.
(This is all my guess, not true).

Legacy has already told us that he knows of 4 IPs for this year, plus the possibility of one in the "mystery house".

Fun fact: On this day last year, the HHN27 thread was only on page 51. Well done, folks. :)

That means this year is going to be extra lit.

I can think of several reasons why:

1. The line-up was pretty much known for a while - hence nothing to speculate about.

2. Since this year requires more speculation - it's caused some more discussion; both good and bad.