Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Happy Death Day was a super fun movie, but I'd rather see it in a Blumhouse 2.0 situation than it getting its own house.

Exactly. I’m keeping an open mind to it solely because of how fun Horrors of Blumhouse was, but as far as HoB 2 there aren’t many properties left that are usable, popular, and don’t have rights issues

beginning of the rumored lineup
fans ; OH BOY THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST HHN EVER

after the lineup was disproven and legacy dropped hints.
fans [confusion intensifies ]

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Happy Death Day was a super fun movie, but I'd rather see it in a Blumhouse 2.0 situation than it getting its own house.

It definitely has some potential as long as the designers are given free reign to kind of play with the normal haunt conventions.

What I'm thinking is a stretch of three or four rooms that are set up to be the exact same scene (the dorm room, her room at the sorority house, etc). Same props, everything identical...except the scare always comes from a different place, or not at all.

beginning of the rumored lineup
fans ; OH BOY THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST HHN EVER

after the lineup was disproven and legacy dropped hints.
fans [confusion intensifies ]
That happens it seems like every year. We will be satisfied either way.
I know I will be least to say.
Universal has to make the clear on some of these IPs. We don’t want another “Scream” incident.

I can’t see them doing HDD as a house. It would be a bit of a waste especially as I don’t think it was that well received in Hollywood last year. Instead, maybe @Legacy is hinting that this is a house we’ve seen before, hence the double posting is actually pointing towards a feeling of deja vu.

I can’t see them doing HDD as a house. It would be a bit of a waste especially as I don’t think it was that well received in Hollywood last year. Instead, maybe @Legacy is hinting that this is a house we’ve seen before, hence the double posting is actually pointing towards a feeling of deja vu.

It wasn’t well received because it was just the dorm room with the killer popping up. Seemed like an after thought. The movie was super fun and part in the House did not capture that.

Reactions: Drummanmatt
It wasn’t well received because it was just the dorm room with the killer popping up. Seemed like an after thought. The movie was super fun and part in the House did not capture that.
Yeah I enjoyed the film too, but just not sure it’ll translate that well. It’s certainly not as iconic as Scream for example, so not sure how it’ll play with the general public. If I had the choice I’d pick Scream every time, but I think that ship has sailed....

Reactions: Robert Bliss
It definitely has some potential as long as the designers are given free reign to kind of play with the normal haunt conventions.

What I'm thinking is a stretch of three or four rooms that are set up to be the exact same scene (the dorm room, her room at the sorority house, etc). Same props, everything identical...except the scare always comes from a different place, or not at all.
I've always wanted a "Deja-Vu" house that was a single room, 9 times, with occasional variations. First 3 rooms have identical scares. Fourth room has different scare. Fifth room has same layout, just different colors. Sixth room is upside-down. Seventh room has same scare as the first 3. Eighth room is covered in blood. Ninth room is on fire.

I've always wanted a "Deja-Vu" house that was a single room, 9 times, with occasional variations. First 3 rooms have identical scares. Fourth room has different scare. Fifth room has same layout, just different colors. Sixth room is upside-down. Seventh room has same scare as the first 3. Eighth room is covered in blood. Ninth room is on fire.

"This is Fine" house confirmed!!!

giphy.gif

Exactly. I’m keeping an open mind to it solely because of how fun Horrors of Blumhouse was, but as far as HoB 2 there aren’t many properties left that are usable, popular, and don’t have rights issues
Get Out, Split, Creep, The Visit, Halloween 2018, HDD, Hush, Unfriended (somehow), Oculus, and if they can work it out Ouija. They just need less transition hallways and more actual house, but I guess that can be blamed on the budget cuts of last year.
Yeah I enjoyed the film too, but just not sure it’ll translate that well. It’s certainly not as iconic as Scream for example, so not sure how it’ll play with the general public. If I had the choice I’d pick Scream every time, but I think that ship has sailed....
Dimension, Scream's studio, is owned by Weinstein, so I wouldn't count out Scream forever.

Dimension, Scream's studio, is owned by Weinstein, so I wouldn't count out Scream forever.

With the debacle last time they tried getting Scream I doubt they would want to go down that road again. Which is a shame, as I think that would be a fun house. Especially if there were queue videos reminding you of the rules of slasher films, etc.

Reactions: Max Moser
With the debacle last time they tried getting Scream I doubt they would want to go down that road again. Which is a shame, as I think that would be a fun house. Especially if there were queue videos reminding you of the rules of slasher films, etc.
I think the potentially huge pull it'd have won't be ignored if the rights are up for grabs again.