Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 341 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, I'm totally pulling that out of my butt. I just think it makes the most sense when people say it will be "next gen". A launched T-Rex that only sporadically pops up over the treeline and goes over the water would be pretty dang cool.

Is a launched T-Rex even possible at this point? They haven't even built a regular one.

Personally I feel USF has gotten a ton of attention the last couple of years...time for IOA

The wrong kind of attention, some would argue! IOA is still the stronger of the two parks (by quite a bit, in my view), and with the Potter coaster, it's only going to get further ahead of USF.

Outside of the queue, I wouldn't count on it.

Not surprising. Still a bummer if that's how it pans out.

No theming makes me sad. Too great of an IP not to have some AAs or something out there.

Maybe they'll go all-out in the queue and have guests passing by various dinosaur paddocks occupied by AAs. I'd rather have them actually on the ride, but if this project in some way increases the overall dino count of the land, I'll have to take that as a victory.

The ride portion might not be "decorated". Themed is different.

Presumably its theme is going to be that it's a coaster in Jurassic Park.

I will remind everyone that Jurassic Park is a theme park. And if that park wanted to boost attendance they very well may decide to put in a wooden roller coaster. That would still be keeping with the theme. And if I were a zoological park like that, I wouldn't feel the need put large creatures in paddocks next to the coaster. It would just be a coaster. In a theme park. Which also has dinosaurs. It's 100% keeping in theme of Jurassic Park.

Reactions: Joel
I will remind everyone that Jurassic Park is a theme park. And if that park wanted to boost attendance they very well may decide to put in a wooden roller coaster. That would still be keeping with the theme. And if I were a zoological park like that, I wouldn't feel the need put large creatures in paddocks next to the coaster. It would just be a coaster. In a theme park. Which also has dinosaurs. It's 100% keeping in theme of Jurassic Park.
Yep! Except this particular Jurassic Park is lacking a little in the Dino department.

Ugh put a coaster in any other land and I'm fine. This just isn't canon and it means we'll never get the awesome JP dark ride we deserve.

Edit:I suppose we don't "deserve" anything per se

Last edited:
Reactions: Steptwice
Ugh put a coaster in any other land and I'm fine. This just isn't canon and it means we'll never get the awesome JP dark ride we deserve.

Edit:I suppose we don't "deserve" anything per se

That's why JP should have been moved to Park4. You could have built both the coaster and the dark ride, plus whatever else they wanted to add (like a certain Jeep ride....)

The RA refurb would be a pretty awesome dark ride imo.

Yeah, I don't understand why everyone wants a dark ride/omnimover with dino AA's when River Adventure already does a really good job in both of those aspects. If I were given the choice of slow moving omnimover or slow moving, outdoor boat ride with giant Animatronics, I would pick the latter every time. My point is, we already have something similar and superior to an omnimover. Especially if we get the rumored refurb. I think a coaster is a really good choice for the new attraction.

Members here have suggested that Jurassic World was supposed to go in the next dry park originally. If the work on Jurassic Park is the substitute then I would assume it's going to be changed over to Jurassic World completely.

Most of the old TE plot has sat unused so I am happy to see anything done with it. If it is more of a thrill ride it makes more sense for it go outside of that plot. It could still go over unused areas near the waterfront or wander into Camp Jurassic. This way it would not go over major walkways.

Members here have suggested that Jurassic World was supposed to go in the next dry park originally. If the work on Jurassic Park is the substitute then I would assume it's going to be changed over to Jurassic World completely.

Most of the old TE plot has sat unused so I am happy to see anything done with it. If it is more of a thrill ride it makes more sense for it go outside of that plot. It could still go over unused areas near the waterfront or wander into Camp Jurassic. This way it would not go over major walkways.
:agree:

I can see a few ways that a wooden coaster could be done.

Traditional lift, 60-70 ft tall:
If they choose to limit the height such as this, it will mean forgoing thrills/speed or capacity, or more likely, both. Wooden coasters can only do 2 across seating and need fairly large train spacing, which means that a long train is required to get the capacity that will be needed. This will make it harder to build up speed, and a longer train demands larger elements which limits what the ride can do. The upside of keeping the height in this range is that it won't totally ruin sight lines from everywhere in the park, and will fit better in the space they have.

Traditional lift, 80-90 ft tall:
To accommodate a ride of this scale, pretty much the entire northern part of JP will have to be redone to fit the length of track required. Furthermore, at 80 ft tall the lift hill will be well above the treeline, visible form around the park, and probably dominate the area. The advantage is that a coaster of this height will provide a much faster and high thrill ride experience, like people have come to expect from modern wooden coasters.

Launched Wooden Coaster:
This option allows for higher thrill and speed without sticking out as much, but has some of the same negatives as a traditional lift in terms of space required and possible capacity limitations. Also, we could commence complaining about how universal is building too many launched coasters that are taking over the park and that they need to try building something different for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.