Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Overdue for a Studio Tour Narrator Replacement?

Jan 13, 2013
I am an infrequent poster on here and had not been to the parks since 2011. I loved how the Studio Tour would have different narrators. I remember Ron Howard, Whoppi, as well as Access Hollywood and eventually Jimmy Fallon. After 7 years of not being at the park I was very disappointed to see that Jimmy Fallon is still the host. How have they not changed out the narration by this point? It has been nearly a decade. Isn't it time for a replacement? I was actually amazed I remembered all the jokes from before.

I'd love another host that talks about the magic of film making/behind the scenes stuff. Ron did a great job. Whoppi and Fallon are too joky for my tastes.

As of now, I do not see them replace Fallon. Atleast, until he leaves The Tonight Show and someone else takes his place.

I don't like Fallon, and that his placement on the tram (and not the RTNY ride) is subpar. There can be comedic moments, but it has to be done in the right way to not come across forced.

It just seems very outdated to keep Jimmy's narration from so long ago, however I don't believe the park is in need of a dedicated Fallon attraction.

Eventually, as Jimmy ages, even if he stays the host of The Tonight Show, a new spiel will need to be recorded to avoid feeling outdated.

Honestly, they should have someone apart of it, but that I don't think comedians are good ideas for that.

If they had too, Tina Fey would've been a better choice than Fallon to be honest.

Or Steve Carell. He’s in Universal’s 2nd highest grossing franchise atm. He played a beloved television character on an NBC show. He’s hysterical and people love him. Don’t see why he wouldn’t be a good choice.

I am concerned if Jimmy Fallon will be connected as narrator for Jurassic World remodel. I am hoping not, but it fits far too well. I suggest allowing the tour guide to be the narrator on the tour again!

I am concerned if Jimmy Fallon will be connected as narrator for Jurassic World remodel. I am hoping not, but it fits far too well. I suggest allowing the tour guide to be the narrator on the tour again!

I think for JW, it makes stupid sense to have Fallon actually doing the Ride Instructions for the new version. Make it have a bit of that corny humor from the Gyrosphere scene.

That said, If they wouldn't replace the host with just being the Tour Guide, I would think it'd be great to bring perhaps someone like a Spielberg back, or at-least, someone like him.

They tend to find someone who is connected with the studio in some way...Whoopi Goldberg was terrible, Steven Summers was not much better...then it went to Ron Howard which was okay...

It seems like its something that gets contracted in a studio deal... LOL

They tend to find someone who is connected with the studio in some way...Whoopi Goldberg was terrible, Steven Summers was not much better...then it went to Ron Howard which was okay...

It seems like its something that gets contracted in a studio deal... LOL

Then in that case, when do we get EXTRA on the Studio Tour? ;)

In all seriousness, I would love it if Ambin and Universal partnered, considering how Amblin is within Universal's Production Facilities.

I for one wish they would update the vehicles. Talk about clunky, old-fashioned and terrible audio and video feedback, at least the last time I was there. They also either need to revamp some of the properties (animatronics, special effects, etc.) or get rid of them completely and exchange it for something new (coughFast&Furiouscough)

I for one wish they would update the vehicles. Talk about clunky, old-fashioned and terrible audio and video feedback, at least the last time I was there. They also either need to revamp some of the properties (animatronics, special effects, etc.) or get rid of them completely and exchange it for something new (coughFast&Furiouscough)

Since 2015, we have had new trams come in as they replaced the previous fleet (if I'm not mistaken, I'm sure @Chris will clear that up), and c'mon, the Studio Tour isn't that crowded with screen-based sequences.

Since 2015, we have had new trams come in as they replaced the previous fleet (if I'm not mistaken, I'm sure @Chris will clear that up), and c'mon, the Studio Tour isn't that crowded with screen-based sequences.

Hmm, seems they might have changed it then, I guess I'll see the changes when I go this summer. The last time I went, I didn't have the greatest feeling about it, it felt really long and boring half of the time, and there were some good parts, but I was a bit disappointed that the Jaws animatronic was pretty much at the back of the tram. To be honest, the Fast & Furious part was just cringe-worthy and the screens were pretty low in resolutions as well as not as big as they should have been so it lost the feeling of "actually being there" even though you technically aren't.

I was ready to see Fallon leave the tour but then I remember how awful Whoopi was. The PTSD of the GE era kicked in.

Fallon isn’t great, but I’ll take Fallon anyway over Whoopi.