Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Digital Display Board

A new DSD has been installed in a new location. The old DSD will be demolished with the planter and the tree to make way for the new Multipurpose building taking Cartooniversal's location. 

Can I curse on here? Because that stinks!!!!!! But a new LED screen will be beautiful 

I like the look of the new board, but the location doesn't seem very good.  It's in an alcove, and can't really be seen from the main corridor unless you turn and stand right in front of it.  The location of the old board, where you can see it as you make your way down the street, seems much more intuitive and helpful.

I like the look of the new board, but the location doesn't seem very good.  It's in an alcove, and can't really be seen from the main corridor unless you turn and stand right in front of it.  The location of the old board, where you can see it as you make your way down the street, seems much more intuitive and helpful.

Maybe it'll help when it gets turned on and the graphics show up..

Love the new Directories with one exception: A little too much reflection during the day for my tastes.

That was my biggest concern as well. Professional looking, crisp and clear during cloudy days and during the night times, but a bit of a struggle in the bright sunlight. We'll see if any changes come after a few weeks in the bright summer sun.

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, or noticed, but that fancy new waittime sign between the two Studio Store doorways has gone missing and the Mummy car has returned. Any idea why this has happened and has it been relocated to somewhere else that I didn't notice?
QRphx4z.jpg

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, or noticed, but that fancy new waittime sign between the two Studio Store doorways has gone missing and the Mummy car has returned. Any idea why this has happened and has it been relocated to somewhere else that I didn't notice?
I think the plan was to relocate it back to the other side of the street, by the Animation Studio Store. But I have no idea where they'd put it that wouldn't mess up some eyeline or another.

My best guess would be that the location wasn’t great (especially on sunny days), and I know they used to have issues with those screens last year, but they’re likely just moving them somewhere else around the entrance/Universal Boulevard.

FOUND IT TODAY!!! ....it is on the corner of the A.S.S. So pretty much almost where it used to be back in the old days.

bbe6LuF.jpg
Great find! Actually glad they moved it here because I noticed many guests did not see it in the former spot. Now I wish they would stop showing ads (Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville) on one side of the directory because then you have to stand and wait for the attraction times to swap.