Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 370 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well lets see if I can figure it out. These were taken Saturday behind (lake side) of the Discovery Center. They are not brand new but I don't see them anywhere else in the park and they would have faded more if they were really old. Maybe they mean something and maybe they dont

I think you’re getting mixed up. The Jeep ride was (allegedly) planned for where FJ is now, and Helicoptours was where Kong is, I believe. They weren’t on the same plot.

I'm sure the land went through multiple concept iterations, but this piece of art shows HelicopTours in the FJ spot...
c9500baaa9ebf19d5f0fb240eb1dba7e.jpg

I bring that up not to be pedantic, but just as an excuse to post the concept art! :)

If I remember correctly, an amber mine coaster and a dark ride were once planned for the plot where Kong now stands.

I don’t think so, but maybe I’m misremembering. I thought the Amber Mine concept was where the coaster were now talking about is going

I'm sure the land went through multiple concept iterations, but this piece of art shows HelicopTours in the FJ spot...

I bring that up not to be pedantic, but just as an excuse to post the concept art! :)

Drat! I had them backwards

Reactions: belloq87
In the previous plan, the Amber Mine was in the Trike Plot with the caves being an extension of the Camp Jurassic rock work. A B&M Hyper was planned for the Kong plot.

Kong is a better choice. And we still get a thrill coaster

With the actual “Thunder Falls Terrace” outside patio becoming a loune
Here is something I posted 3 years ago.

I believe there is plenty of land in JP to capitalize on both JP and JW. I believe that this will be less ambitious than you guys are going. We'll get the JW arch on the Kong side. Thunder Falls will become a table service called Winston's Chophouse and the outside overlooking JPRA will become a covered deck called Margaritaville something. JPRA will get upgraded. They will find a way to snake the Gyrosphere around the trike plot and Camp Jurassic. And the Discovery Center gets an upgrade.

Last edited:
In the previous plan, the Amber Mine was in the Trike Plot with the caves being an extension of the Camp Jurassic rock work. A B&M Hyper was planned for the Kong plot.

Kong is a better choice. And we still get a thrill coaster.

Here is something I posted 3 years ago.
I love everything in that quote from 3 years ago so very much.

Do they make enough to pay the people running them?
I’ve played them before. I like the egg hatch game. Games where kids win something every time, and you can clearly see what the small prize is, are good with me. Plus, it’s fun to scan your egg to see “what’s inside.”

Reactions: awhen
Too bad they invited a Gorilla to the party instead :grumble:
I like having Kong where he is...Feels right...I just wish they would re-name or mark the entrance to the two lands

2 things:
1. Could we see that dockside area coming
2. Can I have the boat in the IOA lagoon?
3. I can't count
4. I miss the boats on the lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.