Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 220 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking of foam parties... Anyone else remember that house that was also a foam party rave inside Kongfrontation one year? Like it started as a house with scareactors, leading through the bottom level of Kongfrontation, on the ground well below the track path. Then in the middle all of a sudden was a DJ and party lights and people raving in foam. Can’t make this up.

Best part? The Kong animatronics were running the whole time up above. So odd.

On his Twitter, Mike Aiello reposted some stuff from HHN24 in which he sang the praises of Halloween and he's gushing about the new one. (Me as well, insanely great trailer)
My guess is our slashers are Mike Myers and Chucky. And maybe the bad Babymask slasher from HDD. And maybe that lil' Slashy Sam.
Our supernatural houses are likely Poltergeist, TrT and, in a more Sci-Fi way, Stranger Things.
I like the Killer Klowns idea for the remaining scare zone, but I kinda want the foam to be ectoplasm and the zone to belong to the Ghostbusters, but that's just me. I'd also like a Biff-Takes-Over Hill Valley house/zone combo, but it may mirror our current political situation a bit too closely.

To all the people who want Titans of Terror: how many of you actually went through the house?

It was definitely my top two for last year’s Hollywood event, but the rest of their event was pretty crummy. Having had this conversation with many haunt enthusiast friends in the LA area, I feel like ToT was so heavily praised because the rest was underwhelming

To all the people who want Titans of Terror: how many of you actually went through the house?

It was definitely my top two for last year’s Hollywood event, but the rest of their event was pretty crummy. Having had this conversation with many haunt enthusiast friends in the LA area, I feel like ToT was so heavily praised because the rest was underwhelming

True about ToT. It was good for a replacement but I thought Leatherface’s section was underwhelming since it was the exact same as the tram. Jason & Freddy’s sections were fun though which was basically the maze; fun but not too intense

Reactions: kingcooger
True about ToT. It was good for a replacement but I thought Leatherface’s section was underwhelming since it was the exact same as the tram. Jason & Freddy’s sections were fun though which was basically the maze; fun but not too intense

Thank you for the honest assessment. Also, yeah the Leatherface stuff was such a rip off (minus the chainsaw through the door bit) so it was like, “Seen it”

I get that Orlando would reinterpret the concept, but I think people are overpraising a house that was one of the few bright points in an otherwise disappointing event. I also was curious how many people who want it so badly actually walked through it themselves? Having gone through it I can say this, to me it would just be another slasher best of house and I am not a huge fan of best ofs since the pacing is rarely ever that good

Reactions: horrornights789
The picture I switched to for my profile pic is of me waiting to go to the airport and back to stupid reality after my most excellent HHN adventure last year. You can actually see the life draining from my eyes. You may recognize the decor of the Portofino lobby.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

I think the reason that people want ToT for this year so badly is due to this being an 80s themed year, and those icons embody 80s horror like little else does.

Also, the fact that the house was sub-par in Hollywood doesn't mean that the same house concept won't be stellar in Orlando. I don't think anyone on here wants a clone of last year's house, but rather Orlando's take on the idea of an 80s slasher mash-up.

Don't expect Titans of Terror.

In regards to what disappointed me, it looks like one house MAY have adjusted some. I'm not 100% confirmed on it.

And all of this Halloween talk is silly, assuming they'd feature an unreleased film during a year that's about the past...

I agree with this that’s been my thought since it was brought up. It’s also my feelings on HDD. It’s a movie that takes place in modern times it doesn’t fit the overall theme of the event and if it is here it would feel awkward and out of place at this point. I get that TrT isn’t an 80s movie or anything but at least it’s just about traditions and probably ended up a house as the A&D was excited about the properttt being a zone and the relationship with Dougherty (director of Krampus and TrT)

I agree with this that’s been my thought since it was brought up. It’s also my feelings on HDD. It’s a movie that takes place in modern times it doesn’t fit the overall theme of the event and if it is here it would feel awkward and out of place at this point. I get that TrT isn’t an 80s movie or anything but at least it’s just about traditions and probably ended up a house as the A&D was excited about the properttt being a zone and the relationship with Dougherty (director of Krampus and TrT)
Except HDD came out in the past...

I wouldn't worry about EVERYTHING being from the past... this line on the updated website seems like their "get out of jail free" card to explain away any inconsistencies:

This year, time twists and turns on itself–ripping cinematic greats, cult classics and even original nightmares from decades past into a new era of fear ...

Sounds like they can play pretty loose with what's from the past and what's part of this "new era of fear".

The vast majority of the general public is going to associate Halloween with the 80's. For the fans they would see the difference and appreciate the connection to the new movie. For most people it will simply be a repeat of the last two "identical" houses, walking through a house with Michael Meyers popping out at you.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
This is basically the "back houses" layout as I know them. Green is entrance. Red is exit. I don't specifically recall the Sprung 2 layout, but I'm fairly certain that's what it was.
OH! And though the green arrow is where the facade is for Sprung 2, you're actually entering from the short side.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
I’m hoenstly done with Halloween and other slasher movies for HHN.
:ban:

Seriously though, I get if there's fatigue, but you have to admit that slashers are very appropriate for this years theme.
And all of this Halloween talk is silly, assuming they'd feature an unreleased film during a year that's about the past...
Except HDD came out in the past...
If this is actually anyone's reasoning for HDD coming and Halloween not, :smash:. That is just...silly. Robert's post describes exactly why Halloween deserves to show, because he is debatably the biggest 80s slasher icon, and is a hugely important piece of horror history.
I'll say this... I also don't necessarily expect guests to experience anything that hasn't been released yet.
This post leads my to further believe that Halloween 2018 will be in some kind of mash-up house, only featuring scenes from the trailer, which sucks. Hopefully he goes with his past iterations in a big Halloween franchise best-of, or maybe even the fabled Carpenter house that people on here seems to want, I just really really hope that he's not in HoB 2.