Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH) | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets attraction coming? (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also saw the original plans for the SS28 plot of SLoP. Although it wasn't a super attraction, I think it had some good quality in the no use of screens approach. Something tells me this will get scaled back just a little when its redesigned for the Globe Theater footprint. I could be wrong, but after Skull Island in Orlando has many trackless problems...why would Universal return to a trackless system?

Forgive the DP, but considering they didn't change the Drupercharged system for Orlando, I would vouch that Trackless can be applied rather well into an attraction that'd be smaller and compact. Not to mention, you were also dealing with truck-sized ride vehicles for Kong and F&F.

I would imagine that there'd easily be a lot of difficulty with doing trackless on that large of a scale, especially from wear/tear and the sensors having to be done in a certain way.

Orlando fanboy......Heh heh. Seems I always have to connect through LAX for Mexico, SA and the South Pacific. Unfortunately.

Sounds to me like you are an Orlando fanboy. Or perhaps Disney. But, I will say this. The theme park dynamic on the west coast is 180 degrees in the opposite direction compared to Orlando. Understand the history and you will understand why there are limitations. Universal gets a bad reputation in California because it was a tourist park and not much to do for repeat value or locals, until recently. California locals want what Orlando has. Well, sorry, that is just not going to happen. Universal in California is unique in more ways than one. This gives the guests a very different type of experience which can be positive or negative. I, for one, enjoy Universal Studios Hollywood because of its rich history...something Orlando doesn't have. Remember this is a business, and the business is primarily theme park in Orlando...the California property is doing so much more than just a theme park.
We used to say California was a big studio with a smaller theme park, and Florida was a theme park with a smaller studio

Then Potter happened and it became cheaper to shoot outside of LA and things changed. USH will never be a destination like USO, but that doesn't mean it can't be a great park.
Universal's soundstage are usually pretty well booked with TV shows and films and the backlot is always in use. Here in Florida our soundstage are mostly empty and the backlot is never used,

Universal's soundstage are usually pretty well booked with TV shows and films and the backlot is always in use. Here in Florida our soundstage are mostly empty and the backlot is never used,

Well yeah, it's Hollywood. Most of the film/TV operations and equipment are filmed and used in Hollywood because it's where the stars and movie employees work behind the scenes or having meetings. Universal Hollywood just happened to be a few active movie studios in the world where they have a theme park next to them. Barely anyone films in Orlando. However, as someone said, that doesn't mean USH can't be a great park, since it's slowly expanding in the Lower Lot with the guys in Orlando in charge.

Then Potter happened and it became cheaper to shoot outside of LA and things changed. USH will never be a destination like USO, but that doesn't mean it can't be a great park.
Not to Nitpick at Orlando as it's a great resort, but if anything, I see USH is going for the "quality over quantity" approach. Look how many filler or outdated attractions UO has compared to USH.

Reactions: La2kw

Even being fully booked they still managed to tear down Soundstage 22, 23, 24, 25, 28, and 31 for upcoming theme park attractions (with lots more being torn down in the near future). That should be a clear indicator where their focus is set on this property.

Not to Nitpick at Orlando as it's a great resort, but if anything, I see USH is going for the "quality over quantity" approach. Look how many filler or outdated attractions UO has compared to USH.

How can you say that when every attraction in Hollywood is at Orlando except for WaterWorld and the Studio Tour? LOL

Reactions: Mike S
How can you say that when every attraction in Hollywood is at Orlando except for WaterWorld and the Studio Tour? LOL

That can easily be summed up in one word.

To get back to Quality, it comes down to when we have to acknowledge of how Universal Hollywood, while is making advancements to improve and add so much, must be space efficient. Pets, should be a project in that vein.

Compact, highly engaging, and just a fun low-restricted attraction.

That can be reversed with how many great attractions we have that you’ll never have as well.

Reactions: Eckert
That can be reversed with how many great attractions we have that you’ll never have as well.

Allow me to say this, Universal Hollywood has the better show of quality.

Outside of Transformers and Mummy (which, I would exclude that as it is on borrowed time), the park has a great helping of variety.

From Animal Actors/SES (Which I find as the better versions of their Orlando counterparts), Minion Way/SSFL, Universal Blvd, Springfield (which while doesn't have the added flat, does have the better designed Springfield area), Hogsmeade (which has the added wand effects and Dementors in FJ), and not mentioning Waterworld.

Honestly, I think once the Lower Lot Expansion (which includes Nintendo) and Pet's comes to the park, it'll make Hollywood the better Studios Parks (not saying across the entire brand of Universal parks).
__
That said, to come back to Pets, what makes me interested is that if it's a Fallon in the terms that was a compete gutting of the original showbuilding and to extend it.

The only problem I see from that, that makes me think it'll be just a complete demo and rebuild, is on The Walking Dead Attraction. I hope it gets the boot ASAP, as that building could be rather useful for the Pet's Project.

Reactions: HereWeGo and UNIrd
Allow me to say this, Universal Hollywood has the better show of quality.

Outside of Transformers and Mummy (which, I would exclude that as it is on borrowed time), the park has a great helping of variety.

From Animal Actors/SES (Which I find as the better versions of their Orlando counterparts), Minion Way/SSFL, Universal Blvd, Springfield (which while doesn't have the added flat, does have the better designed Springfield area), Hogsmeade (which has the added wand effects and Dementors in FJ), and not mentioning Waterworld.

Honestly, I think once the Lower Lot Expansion (which includes Nintendo) and Pet's comes to the park, it'll make Hollywood the better Studios Parks (not saying across the entire brand of Universal parks).
__
That said, to come back to Pets, what makes me interested is that if it's a Fallon in the terms that was a compete gutting of the original showbuilding and to extend it.

The only problem I see from that, that makes me think it'll be just a complete demo and rebuild, is on The Walking Dead Attraction. I hope it gets the boot ASAP, as that building could be rather useful for the Pet's Project.
I’m looking at everything as a whole, not just Studio vs. Studio.

This is in no way anything more than Blue Sky... but, I will let the forum give their thoughts...

If you look into the past on Google Earth, you can see the outline of the SLoP building in markings on the ground...

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 4.51.37 PM.png

If I map those markings, we end up with this size of plot...nearly .80 acres.

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 4.52.43 PM.png

Now...look at this...

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 4.55.03 PM.png

just a thought...

no ride design changes at all...

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
This is in no way anything more than Blue Sky... but, I will let the forum give their thoughts...

If you look into the past on Google Earth, you can see the outline of the SLoP building in markings on the ground...

View attachment 6918

If I map those markings, we end up with this size of plot...nearly .80 acres.

View attachment 6919

Now...look at this...

View attachment 6920

just a thought...

no ride design changes at all...
I think TWDA getting axed to make room is far more likely than that scenario. If they do that, they would still have to retrofit the plans into the new building, but they wouldn't lose anything from the original plans and we would gain a ride from Parisian.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I think TWDA getting axed to make room is far more likely than that scenario. If they do that, they would still have to retrofit the plans into the new building, but they wouldn't lose anything from the original plans and we would gain a ride from Parisian.

Not to mention, you would still have more .acres to work on than at SS28, even without Parisian.

Status
Not open for further replies.