Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 231 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@Legacy wjen I think of carnival rides at universal I think of kidzone Simpson’s and amityvill which is now wizarding world. Am I in the right ballpark here?
Traveling carnival rides.
7gwjVqK.png

And the construction of this house is why it's so high on my list. Because they're not really constructing anything at all.

Aghhhh I really don't want to miss this year... Carnival house sounds amazing. Love amusement parks and rides, and have always found them kind of low-key creepy... I hope they utilize a carousel as I used to have nightmares about one as a child. I find them beautiful, but always found them a bit sinister too.

SS24 is gonna have some huge sets this year considering it’ll have to fit the Emereald City and a theme park junkyard. They’re knocking these originals out of the park

This leads me to another thought-are we positive Oz is a direct retelling of Path of the Wicked? I believe @Legacy said something a while back in regards to people calling it PotW and I’ve been under the impression it’s gonna be a different version of The Wizard of Oz than has previously been seen, however, I’ve still seen it called PotW, so I’m curious...

Maybe Oz is based more on Return to Oz from the 80’s.

Dunno how I feel about Ragtag being constructed of old carnival rides. I’m thinking wide sets, which Dead Waters swamp scene suffered from last year.

This leads me to another thought-are we positive Oz is a direct retelling of Path of the Wicked? I believe @Legacy said something a while back in regards to people calling it PotW and I’ve been under the impression it’s gonna be a different version of The Wizard of Oz than has previously been seen, however, I’ve still seen it called PotW, so I’m curious...

I think it’ll be a different take on Oz but people are calling it PotW since we had the zone in ‘08. Not sure how they’ll make it 80’s inspired though

I think it’ll be a different take on Oz but people are calling it PotW since we had the zone in ‘08. Not sure how they’ll make it 80’s inspired though

Return to Oz came out in 85, so they could use that as inspiration without making it a direct retelling of the film since I believe it's still owned by Disney.

ETA: But maybe not since they seem to be trying to stay away from anything that could be considered infringement (hence no B&T). But it's a thought.

It doesn't have to be.

Fans ALWAYS get too wrapped up in "how x house ties to the theme." Even in their most coherent, story-heavy years, there is at least one house that doesn't really "fit." Doomsday in 2008... Where Evil Hides in 2005... Most years, the houses just are. Any connection that exists between them and them we just accept because we WANT it to be that cogently developed.

I have referred to this year as similar to 2004, and I really expect it be in line with that. I don't expect an icon, but I do expect an aesthetic to permeate (that aesthetic is the 80s). We have already seen the houses presented as VHS cassettes (#BeKindRewind). Similar to the case files in 2004 where every house was presented as a case file, I expect every house to be presented as a VHS. Including the originals. I suspect that even the Dead Exposure video that isn't featured on the main site currently will be included in a stack of VHS tapes when the final site goes live in August.

In hindsight, I'm amazing. I'm counting this as another stolen idea.

Thinking on it, if I were in charge and did this I'd make the Back Lot a "Carnival" scare zone and bring in a Ferris wheel, scrambler, and maybe a wild mouse coaster for guests to ride. Exactly what you would see at a fair. The biggest drawback in 2004 was that aside from the Fright Yard scare zone, there was NOTHING back there. Putting an actual carnival back there (with scareactors running around) allows all the games to be packed in there and give the area a LOT of visual appeal.

I definitely get why people are calling it that, I was just unsure if I missed where it had been stated that it’d be in the exact style of PotW. However they style it though, I’m excited to see it!

So now....

SZ: The Harvest, Twisted Traditions, Vamp ‘85, Killer Klowns*, Chucky*

Houses: Stranger Things, TrT, HDD*, Halloween(s)*, Poltergeist*, DE: PZ*, Carnival Graveyard*, Oz*, Schlock The Casbah*...and Clue 6(?)*