Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 350 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I crazy or am I maybe seeing a possible park outline in this?

Edit:
View attachment 6966

Scott- I'd love to see an outline of what you would think with the land and include resorts, water park 2, dry park 3, (long term) future site location for dry park 4.

Even filling in "value" hotels that might be away from the park but on the land they purchased.

I definitely think there will be a water park at opening.
I'm going to guess one year after opening. Historically, new parks have opened in the fall.

If park were to open in fall 2022 with 3 hotels, I see a 4th hotel and water park in 2023; as an example.
But yes- I don't see this thing being open a year without an attached water park.

If they integrate the hotels into the themepark, waterpark, and citywalk, It would save some space and create a one-of-a-kind experience. Similar to TDS Miracosta and the brand new TDS hotel they announced yesterday. Mushroom Kingdom Palace anyone?

With how great the hotels are in Disneyland Paris, DCA and Tokyo Disney Sea, I think a resort built into the park is a must.

Scott- I'd love to see an outline of what you would think with the land and include resorts, water park 2, dry park 3, (long term) future site location for dry park 4.

Even filling in "value" hotels that might be away from the park but on the land they purchased.

I'm going to guess one year after opening. Historically, new parks have opened in the fall.

If park were to open in fall 2022 with 3 hotels, I see a 4th hotel and water park in 2023; as an example.
But yes- I don't see this thing being open a year without an attached water park.

I'll get on it. I'll probably spend more time combining the PDFs that @Happytycho shared, land ownership from OCPAFL and land measuring from Google Earth.

Beijing has a hotel built into its entrance, so I'd imagine they'll do at least one built into the park here.

I doubt it'd be Nintendo though. More likely to be one of their own properties or an original concept, as bringing Nintendo in decreases the money they make off it

Beijing has a hotel built into its entrance, so I'd imagine they'll do at least one built into the park here.

I doubt it'd be Nintendo though. More likely to be one of their own properties or an original concept, as bringing Nintendo in decreases the money they make off it

If they go for the hotel/park combo, the hotel will share the general theme of the new park.

I think we'll only see a Nintendo hotel if they go for the Nintendo park.

With how close Volcnao Bay is to Cabana Bay (and the dedicated entrance!), Cabana Bay is sort of Universal’s first in-park resort.

More in a Grand Californian sense than a Hotel MiraCoata sense though.

If they go for the hotel/park combo, the hotel will share the general theme of the new park.

I think we'll only see a Nintendo hotel if they go for the Nintendo park.
It could be more than one hotel as well, maybe general theme in the entrance, Nintendo in the back, etc. Kind of like if Epcot was designed to have a hotel in each of it's countries.

Crazy idea but what if there is a hotel in each world.
Not gonna happen.

At most I’d say one resort attached to the park. Universal and Loews really seem to want the “resort” feel without guests from outside the hotel wandering around. Considering the heavy convention crowds and older-skewing families, I think they’ll keep that with Site B

Status
Not open for further replies.