Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Mar 29, 2015
I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Avengers thread or to just make a new one for Spider-Man... Hopefully this is ok!

It's being reported by multiple sources that Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks (but not 100% cast yet) to play the villain, Mysterio, in the upcoming sequel (release date July 5th, 2019).

‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel: Jake Gyllenhaal Eyes Villain Role – Variety

I think this would be awesome casting and I hope it works out! Gyllenhaal is an incredible actor and if you're unsure if he could play a good villain, just watch him in the film Nightcrawler. He's excellent in it.

latest

Gylenhaal excites me for Mysterio, as he can pull it off in many way's that could be really freaking exciting for a Marvel villain. Hell, I'd argue it's one of the best villain casting's since MBJ was announced for Killmonger from Black Panther.

3 thoughts

1: The title makes me glad to see Europe being in somewhat confirmed with a title like that

2: I think a focal point, will orient on Peter coming to grips with the events of IW, and that he not only failed, but got killed for a period of time.

3: Another focal point I think the title represents, stems to that Spider-Man, isn't neighborhood friendly but helped aid in the saving of Earth, even as is now, for naught.

Interested to see how they kick off Phase 4 with the return of the web slinging hero.

I hope then that maybe the next spiderman film, maybe a "spider verse" film :D, would be totally new york. Homecoming spent a lot of time in DC and in Suburbs so I really wanna see a spidey film that plays up the New York thing as well as the first Raimi spiderman film did.

I just wanna see spidey zipping through buildings and stuff man!

but back to topic, this is the villain I've been begging for in the movies for a long time. the special fx possibilities with this character are endless and I couldn't be more excited.

Yeah I noticed that too. That’s some fantastic casting.

Yeah, Jake, was my dream casting for Mysterio; and the fact that he was cast for it makes me so excited for no end.

I can't wait to see how that works.

I hope then that maybe the next spiderman film, maybe a "spider verse" film :D, would be totally new york. Homecoming spent a lot of time in DC and in Suburbs so I really wanna see a spidey film that plays up the New York thing as well as the first Raimi spiderman film did.

I just wanna see spidey zipping through buildings and stuff man!

but back to topic, this is the villain I've been begging for in the movies for a long time. the special fx possibilities with this character are endless and I couldn't be more excited.

Honestly, and this is where I'm coming from, but I fully welcome the change of pace, as we have seen New York featured as the basis location of the Spider-Man character for three iterations in the span of six films.

You'll get your Spider-verse fix this holiday, but I am fully on-board with Spider-Man going international, especially considering the events of Infinity War.

Vulture was, up until Killmonger, was the most fully-fleshed out villain in the MCU. He was also the most realistic, and I loved everything about him.

Jake as Mysterio is quality casting, though I'm curious what driving motivation they're going to give him. Within the context of the MCU, the best villains have been personal. My gut says this Mysterio will be a counter productive vigilante or hitman-for-hire. Either feels weak, though. And he can't be the father of ANOTHER girlfriend to up the stakes.

Can we get Kraven next?

Jake as Mysterio is quality casting, though I'm curious what driving motivation they're going to give him. Within the context of the MCU, the best villains have been personal. My gut says this Mysterio will be a counter productive vigilante or hitman-for-hire. Either feels weak, though. And he can't be the father of ANOTHER girlfriend to up the stakes.

Can we get Kraven next?

you got it dude. your gut is correct.

you got it dude. your gut is correct.
Eh... now I'm a little less interested. The only compelling thing now is how they're structuring a "Sinister Six" with Vulture and Scorpion both in prison. Now a hitman-for-hire, likely hired by Scorpion, gives us half the group.

Is it too much for Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin to show-up as well? Giving him one scene (JUST ONE) in the prison talking to Scorpion would send this over the top and expand the MCU drastically.

Eh... now I'm a little less interested. The only compelling thing now is how they're structuring a "Sinister Six" with Vulture and Scorpion both in prison. Now a hitman-for-hire, likely hired by Scorpion, gives us half the group.

Is it too much for Vincent D'onofrio's Kingpin to show-up as well? Giving him one scene (JUST ONE) in the prison talking to Scorpion would send this over the top and expand the MCU drastically.

the rumor said hes getting hired to get something from stark Industries, something along those lines