Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man: Far From Home

I'm really not sure what to make of this trailer debuting before Avengers 4 is out.

We obviously know that people are coming back but it seems like it's jumping the gun. I'll be using a little caution before watching.

Unfortunately, Disney has no real say in the marketing of the film. It’s all Sony. I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney asked them to hold off and in typical Sony fashion, they were like “nah dawg”.

I have a buddy who’s been working on the film and he said the cut of the trailer that he saw completely ignores IW. Like they don’t mention it and basically pretend like it didn’t happen.

Unfortunately, Disney has no real say in the marketing of the film. It’s all Sony. I wouldn’t be surprised if Disney asked them to hold off and in typical Sony fashion, they were like “nah dawg”.

I have a buddy who’s been working on the film and he said the cut of the trailer that he saw completely ignores IW. Like they don’t mention it and basically pretend like it didn’t happen.

That’s my exact thinking with Sony on this.

Imagine they put a tombstone with Tony Stark it Steve Rogers on it. The internet would explode.

Yeah I don’t see any important spoilers coming out of this trailer. Who knows the time line also.

Gyllenhaal as Mysterio is just going to be spectacular. :exclap:

He's one of my favorite actors currently working (I think his performance is NIGHTCRAWLER is extraordinary), so I can't wait to see what he does with one of my favorite Spidey villains.

Just give me at least one big scene with the character in the classic "fishbowl" outfit!

Is it possible it takes place between Homecoming and IW?

I believe Kevin Feige himself has talked about how FAR FROM HOME will directly address the impact INFINITY WAR and AVENGERS 4 have on Peter Parker. He'll be "recovering" from his experience.

I mean, we knew certain deaths in IW were not permanent and if you've been paying attention, you all knew how Avengers 4 would rectify certain things (*cough* time travel *cough*)

That description has some interesting implications about the new backstory this movie might be giving Mysterio. Not sure how I feel about that!
It does. The story may be more complicated than initially thought. It’s also totally in line with a “realistic” Mysterio for a twist.

It does. The story may be more complicated than initially thought. It’s also totally in line with a “realistic” Mysterio for a twist.
I kinda like it. the stuntman (SFX guy?) turned evil or whateeer storyline might be a little too meta for this MCU.

As long as there are at least some nods to that backstory, and as long as they keep elements of the comics version's personality, I can probably roll with changing up the exact nature of his "origin."

Peter Parker returns in Spider-Man: Far From Home, the next chapter of the Spider-Man: Homecoming series! Our friendly neighborhood Super Hero decides to join his best friends Ned, MJ, and the rest of the gang on a European vacation. However, Peter’s plan to leave super heroics behind for a few weeks are quickly scrapped when he begrudgingly agrees to help Nick Fury uncover the mystery of several elemental creature attacks, creating havoc across the continent!

International trailer with some slight differences.

I love that it doesn’t refer to Infinity War at all. Mysterio looks dope.

From what I have heard Mysterio is behind all the "attacks" etc

International Trailer also gives a better look at Mysterio with his Helmet and I am loving the Spider-Man theme playing throughout and damn it looks so good.

Last edited: