Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
First, I don't see Pixie Dusters complaining that Wind in the Willows/Mr. Toads Wild Ride or 20K Leagues isn't getting a clip in the their nighttime show. These sorts of complaints seem specific to Universal.

And, to be frank, I don't think Dragons, Pets, or Trolls SHOULD be in the show. While I understand the why, I don't agree with it. It's a maddening inconsistency and tips Uni's cards when adding them WITH their attractions would have been a forward-thinking move. And it's cute you're intentionally misconstruing my point by arguing BttF and Dragons are similarly out-dated. *Slow clap* Dragon's has a new film coming out next year. When is the next BttF?

That's right! There isn't one. It's an old franchise. Full stop. And while nostalgia sells merch, it's not something that drives attendance. Attendance is what matters in theme parks, because 99.999% aren't going to the parks to by a "Hill Valley High c/o 1985" t-shirt they can order online at T-Fury. Hell, the biggest complaint about the rumored Bourne attraction is that the series is no longer relevant.

And in regards to the street characters, the interaction is more important than the characters to guests. A lot guests probably think the show features Betty Boop and Doc Brown is a half-baked Rick Sanchez. They could literally put anything out there (see Hollywood Players at Disney) and the effect would be the same. More importantly, like merch, those don't drive attendance.
Remember this show wasn't supposed to debut until next year. Some of those IPs may have attractions announced by then.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy the show due to the lack of nostalgia.. I actually do enjoy the show for what it is- a visually impressive cluster of ip's thrown together to create a spectacle.

I don't like the lack of any attempt to tie this thing together, either with a theme song or any sort of narration. It'll be a crowd pleaser but in my book it is nowhere near the level of "best nighttime show" simply due to the fact that it's dry and has nothing to it besides 2 minute movie themed blocks pieced together one after another.

If they would've originally built CineSpec using this show system I think it would've been one of the best night shows around.
Sorry, but I don't agree with this sentiment....CineSpec would have suffered the same "it's another clip show" complaints, regardless of how many fountains it had....At least this show is slowing down and focusing

I don't think they need Back to the Future strictly for the sake of nostalgia, I think they need Back to the Future because the show could use a couple additional strong musical cues.

I'm not really eager by any means on Trolls... but everyone has to admit that's a weirdly strong segment in part due to Justin.

We don't need 30 seconds of Back to the Future, but I like the suggestion of essentially a Doc Brown quote and the Power of love blaring over top of the Fast and the Furious segment. Transformers gets by thanks to projection mapping, but there really shouldn't be any segments without a strong soundtrack in these type of shows.

Jurassic World could be tightened and the Potter segment is weirdly not as strong as it should have been on paper.

That's kind of the only major complaints. The fountains are a bit two-note, even compared to a show like Efteling has, but the pyro and projection mapping make up adequately for that deficit. Of course we know it's not World of Colour level tech, but this is still competently put together. Especially for the Orlando market that arguably only had one show right now that keeps up with 4 out West. 1million times better than the stupid barges.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Add single shots of ... CitH and Thing One and Thing Two to the end montage.

This is not the image I want to follow me home at the end of the day.

21808073_3.jpg

I do think it's worth noting that the total turnaround for this show was about 8-9 months; which included getting rid of the old fountain system, re-doing the lagoon, and then installing & testing the new show.

Something to consider if you're feeling this show is too basic or needs more.

When is the next BttF?

That's right! There isn't one. It's an old franchise. Full stop. And while nostalgia sells merch, it's not something that drives attendance.
Magic Kingdom opening a ride based on a 1930's film in 2014. In 2015, TEA reported MK to be up 6%.

So nostalgia only sells and can't drive attendance, huh?

Oh, and MK's next big addition coming up is based on the cult-classic TRON franchise. Huge merch seller, right?

Devils advocate - but the whole Princess brand is a well oiled machine. :lol:
True, but 7DMT isn't even named after said princess and she's actually not even the focus of the ride (or the marketing that they did).

The point is, it's a beloved movie that has had two different rides based off of it at MK. BTTF (just using it as an example), is likewise a beloved franchise that I have no doubt could be transformed into a great and very popular ride. Universal just needs to put trust into their marquee properties. They're building an entire new park and there's no talk of any of these classic movies being used, which is too bad if they go that route.

Yeah, some of you are comparing BTTF and Jaws to the WRONG properties. They're not just any 70s or 80s movies. They are classics and among the best and most highly regarded of Universal's output ever.

So yes, Disney can build nighttime shows using only the "hot" properties like Frozen, Tangled, Moana, etc., but there would be plenty of people scratching their heads if say Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast were absent.

Here is the full Universal Cinematic Celebration with fireworks.

I believe I’m correct in saying that this video still doesn’t show the missing ‘laser’ component. Does anyone have any idea what this will bring to it/how the tech will be used?

/demonstrates great restraint by not uploading a ‘shark with a freakin’ laser beam’ photo

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I believe I’m correct in saying that this video still doesn’t show the missing ‘laser’ component. Does anyone have any idea what this will bring to it/how the tech will be used?

/demonstrates great restraint by not uploading a ‘shark with a freakin’ laser beam’ photo

Correct. Lasers should be coming soon, like later in the month.

Is it going to be considered in "technical rehearsal" until the lasers are in?

So I watched the second video with the fireworks. Um... it does have continuity/balance problems and I agree and that it is missing a thread to tie it all together.

Right now it rates a “cool” rather than an “amazing”.

That's a lot of pyro for a Universal show. This show gets better & better. Anticipating another plus when the lasers come on board....a little Morgan Freeman type of voice over on a few occasions could tie it all together
Morgan Freeman type of voice?
I want Morgan Freeman there every night live and I'll buy the light up Morgan Freeman action figure in a heartbeat!