Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I imagine they sell the DVDs for BttF and Jaws at the gift shop, but I do not know for sure.

someone did post a sign that mentions the films featured as available in the gift shop and that could have also played into what is featured in the show.
They do sell BttF and Jaws at the Film Vault in the NY area, but not sure about other gift shops. The films featured in the new show are available in the main shops.

People can be abrasive.

And, in this instance, there's a subset of fans begging (and expecting) Universal to pay tribute to rides that have been closed for nearly a decade with no new entries in the franchises in thirty years. There is no logical reason to do that. Universal has shown no actual interest in doing that.

So, those fans can keep screaming at the wind or, yes, get over it.

Or go to Disney...

From the outside looking in -

It does seem like there is a group of posters implying they are against the show because they didn’t include Jaws or BttF. There’s a big difference between saying “oh I wish they added it” and “the show is bad because they didn’t.”

This points back to my whole nostalgia is a drug point.

(FWIW, I do think they could cut back the ET scene and add in some past classics, but I don’t think the show sucks because they didn’t.)

Or go to Disney...

You were already writing this show off because they cut down the trees to Central Park. It appears your mind was already made up before you even saw a video of the show.

It does seem like there is a group of posters implying they are against the show because they didn’t include Jaws or BttF. There’s a big difference between saying “oh I wish they added it” and “the show is bad because they didn’t.”

There's also a big difference between "The content of the show doesn't do anything for me" and "The content of the show makes the show objectively bad." I don't know that too many people are really saying the latter.

The show doesn't appear to float my boat, but I would never say it's "bad." The technical elements are too strong to say that with a straight face.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy the show due to the lack of nostalgia.. I actually do enjoy the show for what it is- a visually impressive cluster of ip's thrown together to create a spectacle.

I don't like the lack of any attempt to tie this thing together, either with a theme song or any sort of narration. It'll be a crowd pleaser but in my book it is nowhere near the level of "best nighttime show" simply due to the fact that it's dry and has nothing to it besides 2 minute movie themed blocks pieced together one after another.

If they would've originally built CineSpec using this show system I think it would've been one of the best night shows around.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy the show due to the lack of nostalgia.. I actually do enjoy the show for what it is- a visually impressive cluster of ip's thrown together to create a spectacle.

I don't like the lack of any attempt to tie this thing together, either with a theme song or any sort of narration. It'll be a crowd pleaser but in my book it is nowhere near the level of "best nighttime show" simply due to the fact that it's dry and has nothing to it besides 2 minute movie themed blocks pieced together one after another.

If they would've originally built CineSpec using this show system I think it would've been one of the best night shows around.

I think what makes WoC so strong is that although there isn't a story being told, it really takes you through these emotional highs and lows. They have the villains climax, then the sad denouement, then a build into a transformative finale. It is an IP fest, but each section has a connecting theme of sorts, and they really built the show with a great arc.

I don’t want to shuffle through a bunch of pages so forgive me if it’s been asked or said. But is the only way to view this in the Central Park viewing area? And do they close it off after a certain capacity is reached?

You were already writing this show off because they cut down the trees to Central Park. It appears your mind was already made up before you even saw a video of the show.

I was not writing off the show because they cut down the trees. I was hoping that taking such drastic measures meant that an awesome show was on tap. Knowing the general premise was going to be the heavy use of fountains & water screens....yes, I was apathetic toward that type of show (I’m really not a big fan of Disney’s water shows either). The IP content, lack of cohesion & lack of emotional build-up really disappointed me. That’s just my opinion. I hope that when I see this show in person that it will knock my socks off.

I’m not here to stir the pot and I am not a closet Disney fanboy....so I’ll exit from this thread.✌

Reactions: UNIrd and Teebin
Now we're scooping into WDWMagic pixie dust snorter ridiculousness over here..

Saying that one of the most iconic films of all time shouldn't be included into a nighttime show called "Universal's CINEMATIC Celebration" because one of the 3 films took place 3 years ago...

I guess with this logic ET shouldn't be included because that one took place long ago too. But yeah, "ET has a ride", does HTTYD? no? If I'm not mistaken that took place in the Viking age... damn it's so "outdated"

So, if there's no interest in classic franchises, why did they recently open a store that only sells classic merchandise? Why did they recently open a street show based around a classic and iconic character- Marilyn Monroe? Why do they rent a Delorean time machine during the peak season for Doc Brown to drive around in?
First, I don't see Pixie Dusters complaining that Wind in the Willows/Mr. Toads Wild Ride or 20K Leagues isn't getting a clip in the their nighttime show. These sorts of complaints seem specific to Universal.

And, to be frank, I don't think Dragons, Pets, or Trolls SHOULD be in the show. While I understand the why, I don't agree with it. It's a maddening inconsistency and tips Uni's cards when adding them WITH their attractions would have been a forward-thinking move. And it's cute you're intentionally misconstruing my point by arguing BttF and Dragons are similarly out-dated. *Slow clap* Dragon's has a new film coming out next year. When is the next BttF?

That's right! There isn't one. It's an old franchise. Full stop. And while nostalgia sells merch, it's not something that drives attendance. Attendance is what matters in theme parks, because 99.999% aren't going to the parks to by a "Hill Valley High c/o 1985" t-shirt they can order online at T-Fury. Hell, the biggest complaint about the rumored Bourne attraction is that the series is no longer relevant.

And in regards to the street characters, the interaction is more important than the characters to guests. A lot guests probably think the show features Betty Boop and Doc Brown is a half-baked Rick Sanchez. They could literally put anything out there (see Hollywood Players at Disney) and the effect would be the same. More importantly, like merch, those don't drive attendance.

I was not writing off the show because they cut down the trees. I was hoping that taking such drastic measures meant that an awesome show was on tap. Knowing the general premise was going to be the heavy use of fountains & water screens....yes, I was apathetic toward that type of show (I’m really not a big fan of Disney’s water shows either). The IP content, lack of cohesion & lack of emotional build-up really disappointed me. That’s just my opinion. I hope that when I see this show in person that it will knock my socks off.

I’m not here to stir the pot and I am not a closet Disney fanboy....so I’ll exit from this thread.✌

Sorry if I came across as trying to push you out or uncover some ulterior motive - just making a statement based on your posts before the show premiered.