Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Things like Kong returning, the BTTF theme still playing at the main entrance, and the Universal Monsters existing around the park tells me they care about "classics"...There is just a different strategy in terms of attractions and lands....

Perhaps we should start another thread in General Discussion? I would love to talk about it

If you have an idea for such a thread, I will certainly join you there.

We'll start a thread for reviews/photos/videos once the show opens officially.

General discussion of the show can occur here. If you want to start a general thread on how Universal treats its old properties go for it!

When Universal first mentioned the show they said: the new show will include new animation featuring characters from favorite Universal attractions, a new storyline, new music, lighting and special effects.

The first one I was wondering about. I noticed no new animation and HTTYD has a ride in Motiongate but there is no attraction for this ip in any of the Universal park as I know of but I'm wondering if there is a float. It's a given there will be one sooner or later of-course.
Still am wondering about the storyline but the more I see it the more I like the show. The addition of fireworks was a huge plus. I also hope there will be transitions from 1 ip to the other.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Things like Kong returning, the BTTF theme still playing at the main entrance, and the Universal Monsters existing around the park tells me they care about "classics"...There is just a different strategy in terms of attractions and lands....

Perhaps we should start another thread in General Discussion? I would love to talk about it

So you’re saying Universal still cares about the classics (which is obvious), and they still have a presence in the park, which you’re aware of.

But you’re saying I should “get over it”.

Hmmmmmm

Reactions: Jwhee
Sorry guys & gals...I feel like the show is sloppy. The emotion, music and editing is just not there like it is in most Disney shows.

That being said & to show that I am not just being bitter for cutting many of the trees in the park down....I do think that the fountains & technical aspects are spectacular & well executed. I’m just not a big fountain show person but I understand why theme parks use them.

And while I know that they are selling current park/studio IPs....selling Fast & Furious & SLOP over classics like BTTF & Jaws is dumb idea. It’s like Universal just doesn’t understand human emotion. Thank god that that there are bigger forces that have lead the development of Potter (thank-you JKR!)

Imo, Mike Aiello has gots to go.

I really like the show, but definitely feels like it could use some tightening up. The Jurassic Parld section needs cut in half. The second section is unnecessary and causes the show to drag right off the bat. Replace the removed section with Shrek. Add single shots of Kong, Fallon, and CitH and Thing One and Thing Two to the end montage.

This is probably the 2nd best night show in Orlando now. (I liked it more than Fantasmic)
I think the above really sort of shows how subjective these shows can be. Some may love it, some may hate it. Many may think it's at least good enough, some may like it, but wish they had done some things differently.

We all have an individual opinion and they aren't always going to line up.

I want them to add a segment for Murder She Wrote and Alfred Hitchcock.

Not at all the same as suggesting BTTF should be in the show. I don’t understand the logic , it’s arguably Universals most beloved franchise with the most staying power.

But here’s the response you maybe wanted...

Wow what a terrible idea, too old Universal shouldn’t live in the past blah blah , generic response, I’m right you’re wrong.

Reactions: Jwhee
Not at all the same as suggesting BTTF should be in the show. I don’t understand the logic , it’s arguably Universals most beloved franchise with the most staying power.

But here’s the response you maybe wanted...

Wow what a terrible idea, too old Universal shouldn’t live in the past blah blah , generic response, I’m right you’re wrong.
My issue with fans clamoring for (specifically) BttF coming back is that its future Hill Valley was.... Yeah, 3 years ago. It's a situation where the story dates itself. That's fine in a movie, but in a theme park it makes it look more like a joke.

There's more wrinkles to it than just that. In order to bring it back though, you HAVE to include Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox. Unless they're strictly doing voices (or Universal will pay to de-age them), it would look unnatural for them to be there because they've aged out. Second, 2015 Hill Valley was a futuristic world that doesn't exist, which requires any visit to 2055 Hill Valley to be some over the top future beyond the movie. Basically, you'd require Universal itself to pitch a whole new movie when (looks a F&F) that's not really a forte.

BttF is amazing and a classic. It's thirty years old though. Yeah.

Get over it.

My issue with fans clamoring for (specifically) BttF coming back is that its future Hill Valley was.... Yeah, 3 years ago. It's a situation where the story dates itself. That's fine in a movie, but in a theme park it makes it look more like a joke.

There's more wrinkles to it than just that. In order to bring it back though, you HAVE to include Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox. Unless they're strictly doing voices (or Universal will pay to de-age them), it would look unnatural for them to be there because they've aged out. Second, 2015 Hill Valley was a futuristic world that doesn't exist, which requires any visit to 2055 Hill Valley to be some over the top future beyond the movie. Basically, you'd require Universal itself to pitch a whole new movie when (looks a F&F) that's not really a forte.

BttF is amazing and a classic. It's thirty years old though. Yeah.

Get over it.

The whole "get over it" thing is so abrasive & confrontational....especially for a theme park forum.:rolleyes:

I just want Universal to continue their amazing run. They have stumbled a bit over the past few years. Volcano Bay is awesome. Fallon, Fast and this show....not so much. The Fast decision was obviously made by bean counters who had no idea how poorly that movie franchise would translate to a theme park ride...especially with that ride system. And now they are shoving it down our throats with this show scene. At least they finally gave up on Hop!

Reactions: UNIrd
So you’re saying Universal still cares about the classics (which is obvious), and they still have a presence in the park, which you’re aware of.

But you’re saying I should “get over it”.

Hmmmmmm
Kong is timeless and still has movies continuing to be made

The BTTF theme is nice

The movie is dated

Reactions: Legacy
The whole "get over it" thing is so abrasive & confrontational....especially for a theme park forum.:rolleyes:
People can be abrasive.

And, in this instance, there's a subset of fans begging (and expecting) Universal to pay tribute to rides that have been closed for nearly a decade with no new entries in the franchises in thirty years. There is no logical reason to do that. Universal has shown no actual interest in doing that.

So, those fans can keep screaming at the wind or, yes, get over it.

Get over it.

Now we're scooping into WDWMagic pixie dust snorter ridiculousness over here..

Saying that one of the most iconic films of all time shouldn't be included into a nighttime show called "Universal's CINEMATIC Celebration" because one of the 3 films took place 3 years ago...

I guess with this logic ET shouldn't be included because that one took place long ago too. But yeah, "ET has a ride", does HTTYD? no? If I'm not mistaken that took place in the Viking age... damn it's so "outdated"

People can be abrasive.

And, in this instance, there's a subset of fans begging (and expecting) Universal to pay tribute to rides that have been closed for nearly a decade with no new entries in the franchises in thirty years. There is no logical reason to do that. Universal has shown no actual interest in doing that.

So, if there's no interest in classic franchises, why did they recently open a store that only sells classic merchandise? Why did they recently open a street show based around a classic and iconic character- Marilyn Monroe? Why do they rent a Delorean time machine during the peak season for Doc Brown to drive around in?

Last edited:
I imagine they sell the DVDs for BttF and Jaws at the gift shop, but I do not know for sure.

someone did post a sign that mentions the films featured as available in the gift shop and that could have also played into what is featured in the show.

People can be abrasive.

So, those fans can keep screaming at the wind or, yes, get over it.

I think that's a little bit straw man-ish. I don't know that anybody here has been "expecting" or demanding anything from Universal.

Expressing a bit of disappointment? Absolutely, but that's not the same thing.