Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 120 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I understand what you are saying but...."yesterland" is the basis for tugging at heart strings, getting people to open their wallets and quite frankly becoming the basis for may reboots and renewal of "yesterland" franchises. I get that some of you want new, new, new....and that 30 minutes ago is "old news"....but these very expensive rides, shows & attractions need some staying power.

Which is fine, but it also can't be a crutch. All past Universal shows featured the Jaws and BTTF. It was time for something new.

As you say - these very expensive rides, shows & attractions need some staying power. These new Universal-owned properties need to establish their staying power, too.

I understand what you are saying but...."yesterland" is the basis for tugging at heart strings, getting people to open their wallets and quite frankly becoming the basis for may reboots and renewal of "yesterland" franchises. I get that some of you want new, new, new....and that 30 minutes ago is "old news"....but these very expensive rides, shows & attractions need some staying power. In today's throw away society....Universal can't afford to make bad decisions with Disney going gangbusters to squash them. I went to Disney for a week in March....and for the first time in about 5 years I did not visit Universal. My next trip will include Universal, but honestly other than Potter and Volcano Bay....I'm sorta "meh". On the other hand, Disney is working and spending their asses off to keep me excited, on property and having my wallet ready to open.:_:
Yet, Universal's quarterly earnings show plenty are opening their wallet

And no, just because they didn't include BTTF in this show doesn't make me drink any less Butterbeer

Reactions: tielo and LieutLaww
I feel like the only way the likes of Jaws and BTTF could have been incorporated without hurting the newer IPs and adding to the show would have been a short sequence at the start chronicling the history of Universal Pictures to open the show. But even then, I totally see why they arent included and dont think the show is worse off without them.

This is kind of a back-handed compliment, but I think the biggest success of this new show is that it doesn’t crap up the lagoon and blow half the gag during the day.

Oh god. The old show was so ugly :ack: why did you remind me?!

Which has been demonstrated many, many times over the years. I don't think it should be a be a surprise to anybody.

I also don't think it's good, but that's a discussion for some other venue.
Things like Kong returning, the BTTF theme still playing at the main entrance, and the Universal Monsters existing around the park tells me they care about "classics"...There is just a different strategy in terms of attractions and lands....

Perhaps we should start another thread in General Discussion? I would love to talk about it

Things like Kong returning, the BTTF theme still playing at the main entrance, and the Universal Monsters existing around the park tells me they care about "classics"...There is just a different strategy in terms of attractions and lands....

Perhaps we should start another thread in General Discussion? I would love to talk about it

The show literally takes place next to the train from BTTF.

I understand the clip show complaint, but most of Universals properties are live action. Not really an easy thing to shoot new clips with high paid actors for a night time show. I hope they add some new scenes for the animated sections though.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I believe Aiello said he's been working on this for 18 months. So evidently it was planned even before the hurricane affected the previous show.

That is kind of what I was trying to say. They started this project thinking it was for 2019 (from what it sounds like) and then they had to push to get it opened a year earlier than planned.

I just feel folks forget how long it takes to plan and design shows and attractions.

I really hope eventually they add physical elements because for some reason, it still just seems so two dimensional and flat especially during the live action parts. Like during Jurassic World, if they actually had something come up from out of the water or some AA puppet move through a water screen coming at the crowd before things go black. Another is F&F which is my least favorite section....have a car jump out or something. ET drone for the bike or the space craft rising behind the screen. Potter, I'm shocked they didn't use the dementor drones they already made for other parks.

Just so many small things with actual physical body and dimensions would work wonders.

I really hope eventually they add physical elements because for some reason, it still just seems so two dimensional and flat especially during the live action parts. Like during Jurassic World, if they actually had something come up from out of the water or some AA puppet move through a water screen coming at the crowd before things go black. Another is F&F which is my least favorite section....have a car jump out or something. ET drone for the bike or the space craft rising behind the screen. Potter, I'm shocked they didn't use the dementor drones they already made for other parks.

Just so many small things with actual physical body and dimensions would work wonders.
Drones yes, the JW and FF ideas have really no way of working in this capacity and is asking for a lot.

Could it be that since this was fast tracked a year early all the potential elements of the show are not ready? Perhaps the drone rumor is real, but just not ready to go yet?