Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry guys & gals...I feel like the show is sloppy. The emotion, music and editing is just not there like it is in most Disney shows.

That being said & to show that I am not just being bitter for cutting many of the trees in the park down....I do think that the fountains & technical aspects are spectacular & well executed. I’m just not a big fountain show person but I understand why theme parks use them.

And while I know that they are selling current park/studio IPs....selling Fast & Furious & SLOP over classics like BTTF & Jaws is dumb idea. It’s like Universal just doesn’t understand human emotion. Thank god that that there are bigger forces that have lead the development of Potter (thank-you JKR!)

Really enjoyed the show tonight despite the weather. Can’t wait to see it once the lasers are ready (coming soon!)

100% will be added
I can’t wait for LASERS! I want them now!

I do love the colorful spotlights during the Trolls segment. They kinda look like big lasers. That scene is like a giant rave. Add in some lasers and it will be even rave-ier.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Ironically the Transformers segment is one that works. I really want to see how the pyro affects HP, JW and Illumination (sans finale) as those are arguably the weakest segments.

Anybody have a full video from last night yet?
Pyro didn’t help JW or HP whatsoever. I didn’t mind JP before though. HP is still bad pacing and disappointing (considering the IP)

Illumination was seriously helped with Pyro- specifically the minions section. Was best pyro of the night as it was timed and specific to what was going on. Trolls had lots of pyro too- but it was already a strong segment and I don’t think it even needed it tbh.

Out of interest. Have you physically seen the show?

Nope, but I'm willing to bet the people calling for the firing of people over it haven't either.

But I've seen enough of these shows to know it's 100% not a bad show in the slightest from videos. Hard to judge how good it is from a video, but bad? Get out of here.

I really like the show, but definitely feels like it could use some tightening up. The Jurassic Parld section needs cut in half. The second section is unnecessary and causes the show to drag right off the bat. Replace the removed section with Shrek. Add single shots of Kong, Fallon, and CitH and Thing One and Thing Two to the end montage.

Yea, I’m by no means saying the show is absolutely perfect. But my favorite currently running night show, Reflections of Earth, has like a 5-10 minute stretch that is major league boring. Doesn’t mean it’s not a great show.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Yea, I’m by no means saying the show is absolutely perfect. But my favorite currently running night show, Reflections of Earth, has like a 5-10 minute stretch that is major league boring. Doesn’t mean it’s not a great show.
Not a huge fan of RoE. I can't see the globe too well, the music is syrupy, and the tech is ancient. But throw enough pyro in the air and everyone will say WOW.

Reactions: LJGonz