Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 369 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong but imho. With a new resort. A big thrill coaster is what we need. And Nintendo is a very big ip. It’d be a shame for dk to not be super highly themed big thrill.Idk. Maybe universal has something else up the sleeve beside Nintendo.

See below.

I’m sure a new park will have at least one good thrilling coaster, just as the other two parks each have one (Hulk and Rockit.) But it won’t be in Super Nintendo World.

I second this. But the other coasters in the park will be thrilling, just not intense.

Example of a possible coaster lineup, most thrilling to least:
  1. Flying Dinosaur clone.
  2. Taron-like launch coaster
  3. Donkey Kong Mine Coaster
  4. Seven Dwarfs-style family coaster.
Each has their own elements and thrilling aspects, but there’s a coaster for everyone. SNW doesn’t need to have a super-thrill coaster.

Reactions: Alicia
:'( Lol . So what would Alicia or anyone else here absolutely love to see in the new resort. For me I’m hoping universal and Nintendo makes dkc the best it can be.

So what would Alicia or anyone else here absolutely love to see in the new resort.
I think any 3 out of the 4 listed below would be a nice lineup to start the park off with.

Example of a possible coaster lineup, most thrilling to least:
  1. Flying Dinosaur clone.
  2. Taron-like launch coaster
  3. Donkey Kong Mine Coaster
  4. Seven Dwarfs-style family coaster.
Each has their own elements and thrilling aspects, but there’s a coaster for everyone. SNW doesn’t need to have a super-thrill coaster.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I think we need to change the term thrill ride to maybe adrenaline inducing coaster cause maybe I’m alone here but thrill to me is synonymous with something new, different, one of a kind, joy inducing, exciting. A normal giant steel, or even wooden, coaster can be experienced many places and ways(I do enjoy these as well) but something akin to forbidden journey, Spider-Man, mummy, studio tour(Hollywood) or even Hogwarts Express are truly thrill rides. Timeless experiences that you cannot forget.

Disney has there’s too:pirates, haunted mansion, space mountain, splash mountain

Truly unforgettable

The settings and theming for these truly help to build upon the experiences

I do realize I’m probably wrong but just think to say thrill and make it only meant for those rides made for adrenaline seakers is a little short sighted

*i know there are several versions/copies of these examples but hopefully you get my meaning

To me. Dkc is a game I fondly remember playing over and over as a child. And the minecart level was the most iconic level in the game. I would like it to be the iconic coaster for the new resort. But from the sound of it that’s not gonna be the case. :doh:

To me. Dkc is a game I fondly remember playing over and over as a child. And the minecart level was the most iconic level in the game. I would like it to be the iconic coaster for the new resort. But from the sound of it that’s not gonna be the case. :doh:
How is that not gonna be the case? It’s going to be a perfect representation of a mine cart with track jumps and everything.

How, exactly? They’re trying to make it awesome, and it’ll still be like the game.

I’m super stoked for this coaster.

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
Well has anyone here played the minecart level? It’s ..... intense. Not extremely difficult where it’s unbeatable. But Tuff. And that’s what I want for dkc coaster tuff. Leave the kiddos at Pokémon let’s ride jack!!!!

It’s a mine cart ride which is exactly what the game is. The mine cart in the game isn’t a regular track coaster that goes 70 mph.

Reactions: Mike S
I’m just saying in my opinion. I’d like dkc to be a thrill coaster. That’s what I want. What about you?

What is your definition of a thrill coaster? Everything said about the current iteration is that it will be a thrill coaster.

The launch tube hulk has is almost perfect to be a launch barrel for dk. That’s what I envision . Lol. I can’t have it all. Mario kart has the launch barrel for dk. Check it out on YouTube

I know the launch barrel and I’m sure this ride will have it. This ride gives more of the actual concept than just a single launch point. Hulk is similar coaster isn’t going to have track jumps and the jungle theming this ride will have. It’s far closer to the game than a steel super fast coaster could ever imagine.

Reactions: Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.