Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 370 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me put it this way, the mine cart boom coaster patent cannot hold together under the intense g forces of something like Hulk. So if you want it to be that thrilling, there would not be any gap jumping. It would just be a steel coaster.

I think the ride they have planned will be incredible, and fans of the games are going to be very satisfied. Not just by the thrills, but by the inclusion of specific locations, characters and more that’s directly inspired by the entire catalog of DK games released through the years.

Honestly no bare bones steel coasters. Give me Space Mountain, BTM, Everest, new HP coaster over Hulk. I want themed.

You might get your wish — partially. There will most likely be a bare-bones steel coaster, but only one. And it won’t be like Hulk, with track all over the place.

Imagine Flying Dinosaur at USJ, but with rockwork, lots of trees, and themed buildings. It’s tall, so there is visible steel, but it’s mostly covered up.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
You might get your wish — partially. There will most likely be a bare-bones steel coaster, but only one. And it won’t be like Hulk, with track all over the place.

Imagine Flying Dinosaur at USJ, but with rockwork, lots of trees, and themed buildings. It’s tall, so there is visible steel, but it’s mostly covered up.
I like those coasters, but my wife can’t ride them anymore due to a car accident and injury. We can do the more games coasters together which is huge.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I think lintemuth knows something lol. Spill the beans! Lol. Alicia thanks for the explanation. My heart is broken thanks. Lol

Yea, that’d be great. But for Nintendo rides, one of the directives from the company was that the rides be suitable for families, so I wouldn't expect anything too crazy.

The mine cart jumping gaps and fire effects will be thrilling in their own way, without needing zero-g rolls or launches.
Fire?!?!?! Do tell.
Well has anyone here played the minecart level? It’s ..... intense. Not extremely difficult where it’s unbeatable. But Tuff. And that’s what I want for dkc coaster tuff. Leave the kiddos at Pokémon let’s ride jack!!!!
Yes, I’ve played them. None of them really had super intense track layouts that would translate into something like Hulk. It was all careful jumps which is what the ride will have.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again if people want big steel coasters and such then why are you choosing Universal, a theme park, for your vacation. Go to an amusement park not theme park.

I’ve heard the argument that universal became more family friendly now that they are changing dragon challenge into Potter bull enough. Even with dragon challenge, and between both parks, they had 3 true roller coasters. 3 that’s it and you loose one ride people and “well they are just catering to families”. No they have always catered to families just the more teen phase families. They took jaws(boat ride) and got diagon alley(dark/ roller coaster) and so? oh wait did we forget?

My point if you want rollercoasters, made of steel, full of adrenaline, well why are you honestly choosing universal for your destination cedar fair and six flags say hi cause that’s what they do. Universal and Disney are theme/immersion, in other words enjoy everything that’s around you(and on the ride, take it all in) and not just the ride track(fast, fast, tall, loop, repeat). I get the appeal and do enjoy the roller coaster scene still but I’m a dad now and will always choose theme parks for my family with an occasional stop by amusement parks with an extra day.

Families are the target audience, now don’t take this wrong as I get you deserve a say but, local demographic not so much.

Theme parks are what bring in tourists. Tourists that are mainly made of families. Families bring money. Money gets spent. Money spent at park means money invested parks!

Don’t shoot the messenger amusement parks thrive on the local/coaster/adrenaline seeker/demographic and a lot are truly worth a stop for even families to check. I appreciate all but for me theme is my choice.

SeaWord/Busch Gardens is a hybrid (theme/amusement/aquarium/zoo) and for that they can survive. Also they make me happy as well.

Final word: Universal needs big extravagant theme and Nintendo sounds absolutely brilliant so far, add in dib(LOTR), dab(DreamWorks), pinch(Classic Monsters), a touch(Fantastic Beasts WW) and a shake(original) lands with it. Sprinkle with miscellaneous stops throughout and damn you got a park I’m ready to book for. They will also have expansion pads for additional lands(2) and rides set aside. Yep that’s it vacation 2023 booked now!

Last edited:
Well has anyone here played the minecart level? It’s ..... intense. Not extremely difficult where it’s unbeatable. But Tuff. And that’s what I want for dkc coaster tuff. Leave the kiddos at Pokémon let’s ride jack!!!!

I'd rather have an innovative and enjoyable family coaster with a thrilling aspect of the lack of visible track.

After all, they are wanting to recreate the sensation of jumping from one fake track to another, all thanks to the Boom Coasters design.
That’s what I’d like. what would you like to see on your vacation to the new resort?

I'd rather want variety and diversity than just thrilling attractions for specific crowds.

So everyone here would like a family park. Mickey would be a great ip for that. I thought universal was trying for different. Copy and pasteing always gets you in trouble in the end.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
So everyone here would like a family park. Mickey would be a great ip for that. I thought universal was trying for different. Copy and pasteing always gets you in trouble in the end.
No we don’t want Universal to copy Disney. We want Universal to be Universal like they have. Disney and Universal sometimes use the others great ideas to better there parks but that’s a good thing. Universal has many attractions that Disney doesn’t have a compatibile one: Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, Mummy, Spider-Man(and this ride is Disney’s basis for Battle escape). We don’t want basic unthemed rides. Mario Kart and DK coaster(with its boom platform) are first of there kinds. How is this copying? I ask how can something that has never been done be considered a knock off of Disney. Now let me also ask why would we want more bland rollercoaster based parks when they are a dime a dozen and already outnumber Disney and Universal by the dozens. We want a place, a ride that truly takes us away to a different world, not just a quick rush and move on.

The new park will be more of a Universal/Phantasialand blend, with immersive theming and incredible rides.

This isn’t Cedar Point, Kings Island, or Thorpe Park. Universal is going to theme the rides to the maximum that they can be, and they’re going to have something for all age groups.

Let me quote myself:
I second this. But the other coasters in the park will be thrilling, just not intense.

Example of a possible coaster lineup, most thrilling to least:
  1. Flying Dinosaur clone.
  2. Taron-like launch coaster
  3. Donkey Kong Mine Coaster
  4. Seven Dwarfs-style family coaster.
Each has their own elements and thrilling aspects, but there’s a coaster for everyone. SNW doesn’t need to have a super-thrill coaster.

You get your thrill coaster. I get my intensely themed launch coaster. @Mike S gets his DK coaster. And the youngsters get their family coaster.

Point is, the new park will cater to everyone. That’s what family means.

Reactions: CyborgDinosaur
Status
Not open for further replies.