Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TripAdvisor ranks IOA as #1 theme park in the USA

I don't know how anybody in good conscience could NOT have Magic Kingdom as the best park, simply for the number and variety of rides and attractions.

After that, though... there's absolutely a case to made for IOA in the #2 spot.

I don't know how anybody in good conscience could NOT have Magic Kingdom as the best park, simply for the number and variety of rides and attractions.

After that, though... there's absolutely a case to made for IOA in the #2 spot.

Oh I have IoA above MK. I love MK, but Mk is often a completely miserable experience. Its overcorwded, the FastPass system sucks (that's an over WDW complaint), and the park is just not built for the crowds it gets currently.

I know people don't like to use these reviews, and I don't see them as the be-all, end-all, but these rankings at the very least show the general public enjoys what Universal's been doing the past few years. It should definitely give the company confidence moving forward

Nah, Disneyland is way better then MK

Certainly. I was speaking just about Orlando.

Oh I have IoA above MK. I love MK, but Mk is often a completely miserable experience. Its overcorwded, the FastPass system sucks (that's an over WDW complaint), and the park is just not built for the crowds it gets currently.

If you're looking at it that way, I can absolutely see how that could be a factor.

Just on an attractions roster basis, though, I have to put MK slightly above IOA. Those are absolutely my 1 and 2.

If you're looking at it that way, I can absolutely see how that could be a factor.

Just on an attractions roster basis, though, I have to put MK slightly above IOA. Those are absolutely my 1 and 2.

Yea, if we're talking about top to bottom attraction lineups, MK is the best in town. But that's not what TripAdvisor reviewers are probably focusing on. When it comes to the actual experience, the WDW parks are just so much more frustrating to visit than the UOR ones, more often than not.

Yeah magic kingdom is great for going with two or less people and you’re able to continuously switch fast passes and ride everything. I feel like it’s a huge difference with a family and getting your three then waiting in those lines the rest of the day.

IOA also currently holds two of the best rides in Orlando and soon to have the best family coaster of HP ends up like we all think.

I think that's what we're ignoring... that it's possible that guests actually ARE having a better time at Islands than at Magic Kingdom, especially when it comes to lines to get in, waits for rides, waits for food, etc. At Disney they don't even have the option of paying to skip the line or staying at the right on-site hotel for it. I have friends and family who come back from parks and say they "couldn't do" this ride or "couldn't do" that ride. They could've done it...it was open... they're just not willing to wait whatever the posted wait time is for them.

We don't do TripAdvisor reviews... we do Trip Reports here or on other boards. This is mostly the general public who is buying their 1 or 2-day tickets and navigating these parks with sometimes little to no research. So there's quite a few variables as to why guests might be rating IOA higher than parks that even we as a theme park community agree are actually superior.

Yea, if we're talking about top to bottom attraction lineups, MK is the best in town. But that's not what TripAdvisor reviewers are probably focusing on. When it comes to the actual experience, the WDW parks are just so much more frustrating to visit than the UOR ones, more often than not.

This hits the nail perfectly on the head. MK is great is you plan ahead but if I showed up to MK with no FP or resverations booked, I would be leaving pissed off. Constantly waiting over an hour for most rides, no chance of getting into Be Our Guest or any decent sit down restaurant and having to wait for an hour to guarantee any kind of decent spot for the parade or fireworks.

The image portrayed of MK is that you can walk on any ride, meet a character around every corner and a perfect experience.

Great accomplishment on IOA's part. Of course, VB still has really bad ratings from Trip Advisor. :lol:

BTW, I always saw WDWMagic as a site full of Critical Analyses, only about Disney (REEEEEEEEEE WALT WUD BE SPININ IN HIZ GRAV BECUZ OF TEE DEE OH!).

Great accomplishment on IOA's part. Of course, VB still has really bad ratings from Trip Advisor. :lol:

BTW, I always saw WDWMagic as a site full of Critical Analyses, only about Disney (REEEEEEEEEE WALT WUD BE SPININ IN HIZ GRAV BECUZ OF TEE DEE OH!).
MAGIC is the most negative, or as I call it, the least pixie dust addled of the Disney sites.

They hate Universal though.