Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
I am really, really surprised no one has brought this up. For the longest time on WDWMagic, this rumor is gaining steam that RR was going into DCA, but after the whole parking structure fiasco, it's being moved to Toontown. Roger Rabbit may or may not leave (Hope it stays). I read a post it may be on track for 2023.

What do you think? Any more credence to this rumor, anyone?

I would be totally excited for Runaway Railway coming in. It really seems like the pure dark horse of next year for Orlando, and it'd be great to see it have a presence for Toontown...that said,

I will be crying, if Roger goes.

If it goes to Disneyland, I really hope you guys don't lose Car-toon Spin. It's a fun little ride. They could easily get rid of the back half of toontown for MMRR though and I think there should still be space for Roger to stay. While the GMR/MMRR building is very large, Toontown has enough space that both should be able to stay. It's just a matter of do they care enough to keep it.

That all said, I think it would be a mistake to put this into DL instead of DCA. This would be another bona fide E-Ticket and DL is getting SWGE currently. I know DCA is getting Marvel, but DCA needs big draws way more than Disneyland does. Hell, this wouldn't even be a "big draw" at DL when you consider how many rides that park has, but it would in DCA. I know the Hollywood area was the rumor for it initially... any idea why they backed off from that?

I would be fine with this going in either DCA or DL, though I feel like I'd prefer this in Toontown. Maybe where Mickey's house, Chip and Dale's and Gadget's coaster currently sit.

It should go into Toontown to be honest, that place is pretty much forgettable compared to the rest of Disneyland. However, theme park wise, it just suits DCA, but with the anticipation of Marvel Land and the re-theming of the Pier for Pixar. it's much better to put this at Disneyland.

It should go into Toontown to be honest, that place is pretty much forgettable compared to the rest of Disneyland. However, theme park wise, it just suits DCA, but with the anticipation of Marvel Land and the re-theming of the Pier for Pixar. it's much better to put this at Disneyland.
The only hing is I feel like something like Frozen or either the upcoming Tangled or BatB rides from Tokyo would fit Fantasyland much better while Mickey would fit DCA nicely. In the end it probably just ends up in Toontown though.

I wish there was a way to put it in the Main Street Cinema. But since there is not, Toontown makes since.

Put it where Roger Rabbit is. Bring Roger Rabbit to Animation Courtyard in DHS.

I really hope a version of this attraction is brought out west. ToonTown would be a perfect fit. If anything, move Roger Rabit to Hollywood Land in DCA, and incorporate Mickey and Minnie’s homes into the line queue for Runaway Railway. Just don’t take up any of the SWGE expansion land! Disneyland has a lot of attractions, but the park is very congested compared to DCA; an e-ticket in the least visited area of the park would only help.

My only concern is with the fireworks show, it would be a shame to have this brand new attraction in an area of the park that closes early every night. Obviously fireworks are going nowhere, but is there a way to utilize the SWGE expansion land for fireworks temporarily to avoid ToonTown closing early?

The only hing is I feel like something like Frozen or either the upcoming Tangled or BatB rides from Tokyo would fit Fantasyland much better while Mickey would fit DCA nicely. In the end it probably just ends up in Toontown though.

The old rides in Fantasyland are still popular, as it is still currently a flagship staple of Walt Disney parks, so there's no way the area would make room for Frozen or Tangled or anything like that for now on. It would be cool though, but the old rides are still popular since it has a lot of Walt Disney popular classics.

I really hope a version of this attraction is brought out west. ToonTown would be a perfect fit. If anything, move Roger Rabit to Hollywood Land in DCA, and incorporate Mickey and Minnie’s homes into the line queue for Runaway Railway. Just don’t take up any of the SWGE expansion land! Disneyland has a lot of attractions, but the park is very congested compared to DCA; an e-ticket in the least visited area of the park would only help.

My only concern is with the fireworks show, it would be a shame to have this brand new attraction in an area of the park that closes early every night. Obviously fireworks are going nowhere, but is there a way to utilize the SWGE expansion land for fireworks temporarily to avoid ToonTown closing early?

With less appreciation the guest have for Toontown nowadays, I really doubt they would keep Roger Rabbits, let alone moving it to a different park. Disney has to move on to newer things when Toontown gets canned sooner or later.

With less appreciation the guest have for Toontown nowadays, I really doubt they would keep Roger Rabbits, let alone moving it to a different park. Disney has to move on to newer things when Toontown gets canned sooner or later.

Fair point, I would just hate to see any dark ride go. If DCA is riding out the Downtown Hollywood Cinema theme through the Marvel expansion and beyond, the Roger Rabbit attraction fits the bill; not to mention Monster’s Inc gets really lonely in that corner of the park.

The old rides in Fantasyland are still popular, as it is still currently a flagship staple of Walt Disney parks, so there's no way the area would make room for Frozen or Tangled or anything like that for now on. It would be cool though, but the old rides are still popular since it has a lot of Walt Disney popular classics.

Most likely, if NFL goes to be happening; it'll be Fantasyland Theater and the Swan Boat/Marina getting axed for the new additions.

Is there even land for this after Star Wars?
There is, but like SWGE, they have to move backastage stuff to make it happen. MMRR is going to go in the entertainment dept. building behind Toontown so they're going to have to relocate the backstage buildings for it.

With that said, there isn't going to be much expansion space left. You have Autopia, Innoventions, and the Fantasyland theater and the space between that and SWGE. Once those are gone, they're going to have to replace stuff if they want to add anything else in DL proper.

Last edited:
After this they'll have enough space to last them another 20 years in terms of new attractions built from the ground up. I imagine most of what we see in the coming 2 decades will be re-themes and land overhauls.

Of course there's always the potential of gate 3 at Toy Story or Angel Stadium if they need more land.