1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by Freak, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

While I agree a Gate 3 will be needed sometime down the line, I think they really missed their golden opportunity to do it now when they are building around two iconic properties - Star Wars and Marvel. Both could've headlined a third park, but instead they now will have fully-fleshed out homes at DL and DCA.

Andysol and SkiBum like this.
  2. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

Another womp womp, "insider"-teased announcement that didn't happen at Destination D. I suppose they could announce it tomorrow at the Runaway Railway panel, but that's doubtful.

3. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

If I'm not mistaken, the rumor pegged the reveal at tomorrow's Panel.

upload_2018-11-17_20-53-4.png

They also got right the Mickey's Mix Magic rumor correct, so I don't rule it out.

Chris Galindo likes this.
  4. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

I don’t care what everyone says or how certain they are that they’re going to announce stuff. I’m totally expecting the announcement to get called off just because that’s how Disney works (Universal moreso, but still...) I have a feeling Chapeck is going to get cold feet and pull it for some odd reason. But hey, if they announce it, then great! I look forward to it! DL could really use that extra capacity soon.

SOCAL110 likes this.
  5. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

I know double post. Still no announcement. What did I tell you guys?

6. k_peek_2000

I don't see why it would be cancelled. Toontown has no pull right now and it needs something desperately to get guests in that corner.

Chris Galindo likes this.
  7. AlexanderMBush

Yeah, I could get that they decided to hold off on announcing it until 2019's D23 (as this project is on grounds that won't be visible to guests in the immediate if they play their cards right); and that WDWNT did get Mickey's Magic Mix on the money of being revealed.

But in no way do I think this is canceled.

8. bob albert

bob albert Veteran Member

I think Disneyland will be just fine with less guests in that corner for a while.

9. AlexanderMBush

I mean, you are going to need to have something to fill in that filler period of Marvel for DCA (as it's a two-phaser..)

Also..Disney should've had more added into the parks before GE, and while it may not be as bad as DHS..it's not going to feel nice.

10. k_peek_2000

Toon town is not connected to Star Wars, at all. The point is to have attractions spread the crowds throughout the park to minimize wait times. They can't afford to have 10 acres of park sitting empty post-Galaxy's Edge.

AlexanderMBush likes this.
  11. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

There will be nothing to pull guests away from the Star Wars attractions. The last "new" attraction at the park was Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage in 2007. Their best bet would be to bring back Hyperspace Mountain, some new Star Tours programming, and have another "Season of the Force."

Freak likes this.
  12. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

I never said it was canceled, I'm just saying they're usually not quick to announce a new E-ticket as they would have to commit to it. But I agree, they do realize they need a big attraction to pull people back there. They need all of the capacity they can get.
    Yup. That's what they get for dragging their heels on new rides. We will not have had a major addition in seven years when SWGE opens and that has created a bunch of pent-up demand for something new. DL proper is going to get crushed while DCA will be only half as crowded.

If they want anybody to even think about getting folks into DCA (Good luck), their best shot would be to add new profiles/scenes to Mission Breakout and/or add some AAs and effects to GRR like what Knott's is doing with theirs.

13. SOCAL110

SOCAL110 Member

You called it dude. It appears they might have pulled the announcement last minute.

Personally, I think announcing it at D23 next year in Anaheim makes a lot more sense, considering Destination D took place in Florida. A lot of WDW fans are already pissed that MMRR is replacing GMR, so the reveal might have been met with crickets. As @JungleSkip pointed out earlier, this is a true expansion for DLR unlike DW where they lost a classic attraction in the process.

I feel very excited about this ride. At first, I wasn't a fan that they were basing Mickey off the new shorts, but they've actually grown on me so I 'm okay with it. The thing I'm most happiest about is the fact that not only is Roger staying, but Mickey and the gangs houses are staying as well. It's the only place you can meet Mickey in his house, stateside.

Scott W. likes this.
  14. AlexanderMBush

So as the rumor originally was..

tankart150 likes this.
  15. Empires

Empires Newcomer

I could see this ending up in Hollywood Pictures backlot. Honestly they have so many dead attractions there, I don’t even know what do in that section of the park??

tankart150 likes this.
  16. SOCAL110

SOCAL110 Member

That was the original plan.

Plans have changed. It's now rumored to go in Toontown. It makes thematic sense since TT is Mickey's home.

But, I mean does DL really need more E-tickets? It has the most in the world already.

tankart150 likes this.
  17. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

You gonna complain about more Es? Especially since DL proper is now ending the two-and-a-half decade drought of E-tickets?

But I see where you’re coming from. I would’ve preferred this go into DCA as it could’ve used the ride more in the Hollywood section. At the same time, this will finally get people back to Toontown.

18. SOCAL110

SOCAL110 Member

Definitely not complaining. It looks like an awesome ride.

It's just that there's a major imbalance of crowds right now between DL & DCA. It's about to get worse with SWL.

I know Disney is trying to address the issue with Marvel Land, but not sure if it will be enough.

All that being said, I'm happy that if this plan happens it will be a true expansion of DL & Toon Town, not a replacement. I'm in the minority, but I always loved TT as a kid and continue to love it for my young son.

tankart150 and Freak like this.
  19. k_peek_2000

It's definitely coming, with a semi-rebranding of Toontown. Expect it to be less Rodger Rabbity and more classic Mickey and Friendsy. There's a very apparent reason why the art style used for Mickey and Minnie's celebration is being pulled directly from Runaway Railway.

SOCAL110 and AlexanderMBush like this.
  20. UAN17

UAN17 Rookie

What plots are actually available across the 2 parks? I was under the impression that after Marvel there’s literally no space left in DCA without replacing? I know there’s room for a third Star Wars ride and Mickey...and then, is that it? I feel like they will have no choice but to explore a 3rd Park....they can’t just keep replacing for decades to come.