Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

After this they'll have enough space to last them another 20 years in terms of new attractions built from the ground up. I imagine most of what we see in the coming 2 decades will be re-themes and land overhauls.

Of course there's always the potential of gate 3 at Toy Story or Angel Stadium if they need more land.
While I agree a Gate 3 will be needed sometime down the line, I think they really missed their golden opportunity to do it now when they are building around two iconic properties - Star Wars and Marvel. Both could've headlined a third park, but instead they now will have fully-fleshed out homes at DL and DCA.

Another womp womp, "insider"-teased announcement that didn't happen at Destination D. I suppose they could announce it tomorrow at the Runaway Railway panel, but that's doubtful.

I don’t care what everyone says or how certain they are that they’re going to announce stuff. I’m totally expecting the announcement to get called off just because that’s how Disney works (Universal moreso, but still...) I have a feeling Chapeck is going to get cold feet and pull it for some odd reason. But hey, if they announce it, then great! I look forward to it! DL could really use that extra capacity soon.

I don’t care what everyone says or how certain they are that they’re going to announce stuff. I’m totally expecting the announcement to get called off just because that’s how Disney works (Universal moreso, but still...) I have a feeling Chapeck is going to get cold feet and pull it for some odd reason. But hey, if they announce it, then great! I look forward to it! DL could really use that extra capacity soon.

I don't see why it would be cancelled. Toontown has no pull right now and it needs something desperately to get guests in that corner.

Yeah, I could get that they decided to hold off on announcing it until 2019's D23 (as this project is on grounds that won't be visible to guests in the immediate if they play their cards right); and that WDWNT did get Mickey's Magic Mix on the money of being revealed.

But in no way do I think this is canceled.

I mean, you are going to need to have something to fill in that filler period of Marvel for DCA (as it's a two-phaser..)

Also..Disney should've had more added into the parks before GE, and while it may not be as bad as DHS..it's not going to feel nice.

There will be nothing to pull guests away from the Star Wars attractions. The last "new" attraction at the park was Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage in 2007. Their best bet would be to bring back Hyperspace Mountain, some new Star Tours programming, and have another "Season of the Force."

I don't see why it would be cancelled. Toontown has no pull right now and it needs something desperately to get guests in that corner.
I never said it was canceled, I'm just saying they're usually not quick to announce a new E-ticket as they would have to commit to it. But I agree, they do realize they need a big attraction to pull people back there. They need all of the capacity they can get.
I mean, you are going to need to have something to fill in that filler period of Marvel for DCA (as it's a two-phaser..)

Also..Disney should've had more added into the parks before GE, and while it may not be as bad as DHS..it's not going to feel nice.

There will be nothing to pull guests away from the Star Wars attractions. The last "new" attraction at the park was Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage in 2007. Their best bet would be to bring back Hyperspace Mountain, some new Star Tours programming, and have another "Season of the Force."
Yup. That's what they get for dragging their heels on new rides. We will not have had a major addition in seven years when SWGE opens and that has created a bunch of pent-up demand for something new. DL proper is going to get crushed while DCA will be only half as crowded.

If they want anybody to even think about getting folks into DCA (Good luck), their best shot would be to add new profiles/scenes to Mission Breakout and/or add some AAs and effects to GRR like what Knott's is doing with theirs.

I know double post. Still no announcement. What did I tell you guys?

You called it dude. It appears they might have pulled the announcement last minute.

Personally, I think announcing it at D23 next year in Anaheim makes a lot more sense, considering Destination D took place in Florida. A lot of WDW fans are already pissed that MMRR is replacing GMR, so the reveal might have been met with crickets. As @JungleSkip pointed out earlier, this is a true expansion for DLR unlike DW where they lost a classic attraction in the process.

I feel very excited about this ride. At first, I wasn't a fan that they were basing Mickey off the new shorts, but they've actually grown on me so I 'm okay with it. The thing I'm most happiest about is the fact that not only is Roger staying, but Mickey and the gangs houses are staying as well. It's the only place you can meet Mickey in his house, stateside.

I could see this ending up in Hollywood Pictures backlot. Honestly they have so many dead attractions there, I don’t even know what do in that section of the park??

I could see this ending up in Hollywood Pictures backlot. Honestly they have so many dead attractions there, I don’t even know what do in that section of the park??

That was the original plan.

Plans have changed. It's now rumored to go in Toontown. It makes thematic sense since TT is Mickey's home.

But, I mean does DL really need more E-tickets? It has the most in the world already.

That was the original plan.

Plans have changed. It's now rumored to go in Toontown. It makes thematic sense since TT is Mickey's home.

But, I mean does DL really need more E-tickets? It has the most in the world already.
You gonna complain about more Es? Especially since DL proper is now ending the two-and-a-half decade drought of E-tickets?

But I see where you’re coming from. I would’ve preferred this go into DCA as it could’ve used the ride more in the Hollywood section. At the same time, this will finally get people back to Toontown.

You gonna complain about more Es? Especially since DL proper is now ending the two-and-a-half decade drought of E-tickets?

But I see where you’re coming from. I would’ve preferred this go into DCA as it could’ve used the ride more in the Hollywood section. At the same time, this will finally get people back to Toontown.

Definitely not complaining. It looks like an awesome ride.

It's just that there's a major imbalance of crowds right now between DL & DCA. It's about to get worse with SWL.

I know Disney is trying to address the issue with Marvel Land, but not sure if it will be enough.

All that being said, I'm happy that if this plan happens it will be a true expansion of DL & Toon Town, not a replacement. I'm in the minority, but I always loved TT as a kid and continue to love it for my young son.

All that being said, I'm happy that if this plan happens it will be a true expansion of DL & Toon Town, not a replacement. I'm in the minority, but I always loved TT as a kid and continue to love it for my young son.

It's definitely coming, with a semi-rebranding of Toontown. Expect it to be less Rodger Rabbity and more classic Mickey and Friendsy. There's a very apparent reason why the art style used for Mickey and Minnie's celebration is being pulled directly from Runaway Railway.

What plots are actually available across the 2 parks? I was under the impression that after Marvel there’s literally no space left in DCA without replacing? I know there’s room for a third Star Wars ride and Mickey...and then, is that it? I feel like they will have no choice but to explore a 3rd Park....they can’t just keep replacing for decades to come.