Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lionsgate World Resort

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is one nice looking parking garage. I would probably confuse it for a hotel if I didn't know better.

With the money they put in to build this garage, which is meant to serve as parking for SkyPlex, I have to believe that SkyPlex would be the next project for this group now that Mango's and the garage are built.

The question is do they have the financing.

Last edited:
This is one nice looking parking garage. I would probably confuse it for a hotel if I didn't know better.

With the money they put in to build this garage, which is meant to serve as parking for SkyPlex, I have to believe that SkyPlex would be the next project for this group now that Mango's and the garage are built.

The question is do they have the financing.

My understanding is the next project is to further enhance Mangos with outdoor event space, an enhanced entry plaza with room for more limos/taxis and the removal of the parking spaces directly in front of the building. After that is completed Skyplex is supposed to start.

My understanding is the next project is to further enhance Mangos with outdoor event space, an enhanced entry plaza with room for more limos/taxis and the removal of the parking spaces directly in front of the building. After that is completed Skyplex is supposed to start.
That would make sense as once the garage opens, they won't need the parking that is currently there in front of the entry anymore.

Mangos has really trashed up the area. Crime has spiked on that intersection in particular since it opened. I'm not a fan of any of this and would be perfectly happy if it ceased to exist.

Makes sense. Somewhat unrelated, but Josh (the owner) is an Jerky McJerkface and runs a terrible company culture. They were our clients and we fired them as a client. I want to see them fail in every way.

Any data or is this anecdotal?

There’s data that shows crime spiked in that area from the moment Mangos opened for business. I’m on my phone at the moment but will pull public records later this evening to back my big mouth up ;).

Besides the data, I’d recommend taking a Friday night drive past it just so you can see it in person. The city works so hard to foster a family/convention environment on I Drive only for it to be ruined by trash like this.

Sadly I see the roller coaster tower bringing in more of the same (assuming it ever happens lol)

e9a9b3161ffa4c96615860554916aeba.png

First pic is an exact copy of that, not sure why they had Gerstlauer supports at the Stakotra plant though, maybe they did some manufacturing for them at one point. The other picture definitely looks like it could be for a Polercoaster.