Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Haha, they're a little late to the party! So they managed to endure selling tickets through the peak of the all the Blackfish stuff and now that things are settled and no one really notices SW anymore they do this. I have a feeling it was simply a way to streamline their business and pretend to take the high road.

Haha, they're a little late to the party! So they managed to endure selling tickets through the peak of the all the Blackfish stuff and now that things are settled and no one really notices SW anymore they do this. I have a feeling it was simply a way to streamline their business and pretend to take the high road.

They're doing a huge push with their Disney vacations just now with free Disney Dining but it's a complete scam. I priced staying at a value resort and flights compared to what Thomas Cook is offering and it worked out about £1600 cheaper booking it yourself but doesn't include $200 Disney dollars or the free breakfast you receive staying at a value (Not the full Disney Dining like is suggested, you only get the full Disney Dining if you stay at a deluxe, staying at a moderate will only get you free quick service.)

Isn't this actually better for SeaWorld as, if the guests now book their tickets direct, they don't have to pay a cut to Thomas Cook? :lol:

They're doing a huge push with their Disney vacations just now with free Disney Dining but it's a complete scam. I priced staying at a value resort and flights compared to what Thomas Cook is offering and it worked out about £1600 cheaper booking it yourself but doesn't include $200 Disney dollars or the free breakfast you receive staying at a value (Not the full Disney Dining like is suggested, you only get the full Disney Dining if you stay at a deluxe, staying at a moderate will only get you free quick service.)

Your not wrong about the scam they quoted me £1600 more for September 2019 at Caribbean Beach than I ended up paying with Virgin, they tried to tell me instore that their quote was the best price I’d be able to get anywhere.

My five-year plan:
  • 2018: Infinity Falls (announced)
  • 2019: Sesame Street (announced)
  • 2020: Either a Mack Xtreme Spinner concept: or a Skywarp. I could see this going near Infinity Falls (where a pond currently resides) or near Turtle Trek
  • 2021: Launched family coaster on/near the Wild Arctic plot
  • 2022: Flat ride

SWO has a family coaster...it's called Journey To Atlantis...lol Most people see it as a water ride, but it's a water coaster so it fits that demographic. SWO wouldn't build an RMC...lol
As far as the jobs being cut, they are most likely administrative jobs that will have it's duties merged with other established positions. This isn't anything new as it's been done many times before.

I saw one interesting figure from their report. Attendance & revenue had a nice increase which is encouraging, and certainly good. But kind of hidden away was that "per guest spending" had dropped. So they may not be attracting the optimum demographic guest, which could portend problems in the future.
Per guest spending dropped because of ticket and AP deals. But revenue was up, so the plan worked.

Per guest spending dropped because of ticket and AP deals. But revenue was up, so the plan worked.
Yes the plan worked BUT, the most desirable guest is the one that spends a lot. One reason that Universal did not go after the same demographic they had at Wet & Wild with VB, even though Wet & Wild had decent attendance for a park of it's size. ...Unfortunately, this is probably the only route SW can go since they no longer have the finances to play with the big boys on the block. Discounting tickets though is a risky route to travel, as many fledging sports franchises have discovered. Low ticket prices lower the perceived value and quality of the product. It's hard to raise prices once you've dropped them without loosing all of those customers you picked up with cheap tickets and giveaways.

Yes the plan worked BUT, the most desirable guest is the one that spends a lot. One reason that Universal did not go after the same demographic they had at Wet & Wild with VB, even though Wet & Wild had decent attendance for a park of it's size. ...Unfortunately, this is probably the only route SW can go since they no longer have the finances to play with the big boys on the block. Discounting tickets though is a risky route to travel, as many fledging sports franchises have discovered. Low ticket prices lower the perceived value and quality of the product. It's hard to raise prices once you've dropped them without loosing all of those customers you picked up with cheap tickets and giveaways.
Yeah I think this is SW's new niche and they seem to be settling into which is working to increase attendance. The ship has sailed for them to get the nice demographic that Disney and Universal enjoy. It's become a great value for locals and I've personally found myself visiting a lot more and adding BG as well.

Yeah I think this is SW's new niche and they seem to be settling into which is working to increase attendance. The ship has sailed for them to get the nice demographic that Disney and Universal enjoy. It's become a great value for locals and I've personally found myself visiting a lot more and adding BG as well.
They are operating as regional parks as well, hence the firings