Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 231 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And the answer to "Why haven't we gotten Scream properly yet?" and the follow-up question.. "Who decided to pull the plug on Scream at HHN Orlando at the very last minute?" is...

I thought the Orlando thing was a mix of that, MTV wanting it to be the show, & Uni not confirming which Scream they signed off on?

Also I thought Halloween was scrapped because they didn’t want spoilers? Honestly it’d be pretty funny if next year they brought Blumhouse’s Halloween and everyone complained

To me, Poltergeist seemed like a Conjuring replacement and Stranger Things was an IT replacement. Not exactly that we had them and lost them, but they knew they weren't going to get them in the first place and figured these were the next best things.

Stranger Things wasn't the "next big thing". That was their #1 with a bullet after last year ended and did everything they could to lock it early.

Back to HHN2018, what’s the best strategy for this year? Normally I’d go Backlot, Lower Lot, Upper Lot but the Backlot and Upper Lot don’t really have the most crowd driving IP’s this year. Maybe for this year Lower Lot -> Backlot and then Upper Lot?
I'll be doing ST, Backlot, TrT, Upper Lot. Makes the most sense to me!

Stranger Things wasn't the "next big thing". That was their #1 with a bullet after last year ended and did everything they could to lock it early.
Wouldn't IT be of the same breed? It was the highest grossing R-rated horror movie in yeeeeeears.

Are we allowed to discuss the mishap that happened with the website? I know we can’t post a screenshot of it but can we talk about it still?

Wouldn't IT be of the same breed? It was the highest grossing R-rated horror movie in yeeeeeears.

IT would be a huge get; but I'm not exactly sure what the plan was with getting it last year. (i.e. WB wanting to do their thing or Universal just not planning for no IT this year.)

All I know is before the 2017 event ended, I was already being told Stranger Things was being sought after and it's very likely they are going to lock it up. Didn't hear anything about IT other than they'd like to tackle it, and that was later on.

I'm under the impression Uni would prefer IT for 2019 to market it with the sequel, but I don't know if that'll be a thing now.

IT would be a huge get; but I'm not exactly sure what the plan was with getting it last year. (i.e. WB wanting to do their thing or Universal just not planning for no IT this year.)

All I know is before the 2017 event ended, I was already being told Stranger Things was being sought after and it's very likely they are going to lock it up. Didn't hear anything about IT other than they'd like to tackle it, and that was later on.

I'm under the impression Uni would prefer IT for 2019 to market it with the sequel, but I don't know if that'll be a thing now.

It all hinges on how well WB's event does this year.. if it works out for them, then yeah, we won't see IT at HHN in 2019.. If it doesn't work out.. well then.. ;)

Reactions: DTH
So judging by the Gauntlet area + house facade in Universal Plaza could we possibly be entering the Wolfman’s realm before Frankenstein’s? I could see the house either being village sets or possibly the Wolfman’s forest and then into a mausoleum

Reactions: DTH
So judging by the Gauntlet area + house facade in Universal Plaza could we possibly be entering the Wolfman’s realm before Frankenstein’s? I could see the house either being village sets or possibly the Wolfman’s forest and then into a mausoleum
they can reuse lots of wolfman masks from the 2011 house for this area. [that is if they didn't destroy them]

IT would be a huge get; I'm under the impression Uni would prefer IT for 2019 to market it with the sequel, but I don't know if that'll be a thing now.
"IT" will never happen at HHN. Even if WB's event fails, which is highly unlikely, they'll still want it for themselves in some capacity. But its best to just not expect anything WB branded at HHN again. Considering WB has been planning on making a legit haunt event for a while now, I wouldn't be surprised if they let HHN do Exorcist/Shining as a test to see if something old/classic like those would work. Same with Six Flags having Suicide Squad the past 2 years (I even said it was one step closer to Arkham Asylum back in 2016. I didn't realize how true it'd be). Notice how Suicide Squad is absent from Fright Fest this year?

Keep in mind that the Monster-verse, old & new (err... Dark) are part of the same realm. They were a shared universe long before Marvel. From what little can be seen, its hard to tell at this time what they're doing in the plaza.. It seems more village than Wolfman's Woods.

they can reuse lots of wolfman masks from the 2011 house for this area. [that is if they didn't destroy them]
Except all of the monsters are getting revamped (allegedly). So it wouldn't make sense to reuse the masks from the remake film, despite being fairly close to the original look. Then again, it is Universal so its very likely they'll recycle the masks if they haven't been destroyed by now.

Same with Six Flags having Suicide Squad the past 2 years (I even said it was one step closer to Arkham Asylum back in 2016. I didn't realize how true it'd be). Notice how Suicide Squad is absent from Fright Fest this year?

I always assumed Six Flags and Warner Bros were one and the same. Not necessarily that one owns the other, but maybe they're under the same-ish umbrella or something. I figure since they have Batman, Looney Tunes, and have always advertised WB Films there. Unless Six Flags just always had a licensing deal with WB. I always figured if there were ever to be a full WB haunt, it'd be at Six Flags. I also always thought the same about Knotts and Paramount. Anyone know exactly how this works?

Look at it like this... WB owns Scooby-Doo, but the characters are found at Universal. However, the WB theme parks outside of the U.S. (Australia, recently Abu Dabi) feature Scooby-Doo. Beetlejuice, another WB owned character found at Universal.

If Six Flags didn't have the theme park rights to DC/Looney Tunes, there would probably be less six flags parks (if any). But also, WB might have built their own "Movie World" parks here in the states, which honestly would not be a bad thing (unless you're Paramount & had to sell off your parks stripping them of their IP based rides).

Are we just getting werewolf man Frankenstein and Dracula or are there going to be more in ucm maze

In the leaked art, and it's out there; three were showcased.

The Creature (Frankenstein)
The Wolfman
Dracula

That said, there are quite a few that have not been seen yet; that should be shown as we get closer to the event (or when the event actually starts).

4On9.gif

I'm hoping to see The Bride, The Mummy and The Gill-Man as well :)
I forgot about the bride. Should be a great opportunity and honor for a female scareactor!

"...2 original mazes we're not even doing."
Hm... so if UCM counts as original, we could've had three original mazes this year. Dang it.

Reactions: Horror Lover