Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 230 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Until they have male shirtless go go dancers for us gay guys (and straight women), I think the go go dancers were sexist. :lol:

Sure, why not? Equality!

I'm ambivalent towards the gogo dancers. They always felt kind of tacked on, and last year they were barely there anyways. I missed the flame towers though; I really feel like they energized the event. The Inferno pumpkin being part of the scarezone would be so cool.

EDIT: the recent release of Slenderman (awful film, apparently) reminds me: I demand that Channel Zero become a maze one of these days.

Last edited:
Sure, why not? Equality!

I'm ambivalent towards the gogo dancers. They always felt kind of tacked on, and last year they were barely there anyways. I missed the flame towers though; I really feel like they energized the event. The Inferno pumpkin being part of the scarezone would be so cool.

EDIT: the recent release of Slenderman (awful film, apparently) reminds me: I demand that Channel Zero become a maze one of these days.

I will forever push for a Channel Zero maze until Universal gives in and gives it to us..

With us getting Poltergeist, at least we can argue that we have a maze that has both vengeful spirits and a freaky clown (closest to The Conjuring and IT we'll get so far).

Honestly I would love to see something of Dead by Daylight some year. The original characters are both strong enough to stand on their own, familiar enough to not feel too obscure, and designed creatively (mostly).

Reactions: horrornights789
Honestly I would love to see something of Dead by Daylight some year. The original characters are both strong enough to stand on their own, familiar enough to not feel too obscure, and designed creatively (mostly).
Same goes to a outlast maze.

Last edited:
To me, Poltergeist seemed like a Conjuring replacement and Stranger Things was an IT replacement. Not exactly that we had them and lost them, but they knew they weren't going to get them in the first place and figured these were the next best things.

To me, Poltergeist seemed like a Conjuring replacement and Stranger Things was an IT replacement. Not exactly that we had them and lost them, but they knew they weren't going to get them in the first place and figured these were the next best things.

True, I think eventually we’ll get The Conjuring, moreso than IT. WB has used Conjuring 2(now 3) years in a row and I’m betting by 2020 there’ll be fatigue against it there. Plus in 5 years The Conjuring will be a decade old

This x100. The Hag and the Nurse are terrifying.

OK, but how are they going to simulate that one trapper who camps by three generators and refuses to leave until the match has been going on for 40 minutes?

(Kidding. Would love to see the Hag or the Clown in a maze)

Until they have male shirtless go go dancers for us gay guys (and straight women), I think the go go dancers were sexist. :lol:
Did you see who was in charge of the event? Yea, never going to happen. The closest you got were average body shirtless pigs. Male sex appeal will never happen unless you have the right creative director. Also, it would need to fit the theme. The go-go dancer girls have much more variety in their costumes to choose from than guys ever would.

Also... go to WB's haunt event, their True Blood "Fangtasia" bar will have both male & female vampire dancers.

True, I think eventually we’ll get The Conjuring, more so than IT. WB has used Conjuring 2(now 3) years in a row and I’m betting by 2020 there’ll be fatigue against it there. Plus in 5 years The Conjuring will be a decade old
Give it up already. It isn't going to ever happen. How many times have we seen certain IPs at HHN? (TWD 7 years, Purge 6 years, Freddy/Jason/Leatherface 5 years, Insidious 3 years)... so you want to talk about fatigue? At least The Conjuring has multiple sequels/spin-off films coming out in the future for them to play with. So if they have another Conjuring based maze in 2020, who cares because they'll still have something "new".

The Conjuring will be a decade old... yet, we've seen movies older at HHN. Hell, we're getting Halloween 4 this year which came out in 1988. Poltergeist in 1982.

Did you see who was in charge of the event? Yea, never going to happen. The closest you got were average body shirtless pigs. Male sex appeal will never happen unless you have the right creative director. Also, it would need to fit the theme. The go-go dancer girls have much more variety in their costumes to choose from than guys ever would.

Also... go to WB's haunt event, their True Blood "Fangtasia" bar will have both male & female vampire dancers.

Give it up already. It isn't going to ever happen. How many times have we seen certain IPs at HHN? (TWD 7 years, Purge 6 years, Freddy/Jason/Leatherface 5 years, Insidious 3 years)... so you want to talk about fatigue? At least The Conjuring has multiple sequels/spin-off films coming out in the future for them to play with. So if they have another Conjuring based maze in 2020, who cares because they'll still have something "new".

The Conjuring will be a decade old... yet, we've seen movies older at HHN. Hell, we're getting Halloween 4 this year which came out in 1988. Poltergeist in 1982.

Do I realistically think it’ll happen in the next 5-10 years? No. But I think to say never is unreasonable considering we’ve gotten The Exorcist, The Shining, & Unfriended, all of which everyone thought would never happen. Me with The Conjuring is like @DTH with Scream. I hope it’ll happen but I’m not expecting anytime soon.

Back to HHN2018, what’s the best strategy for this year? Normally I’d go Backlot, Lower Lot, Upper Lot but the Backlot and Upper Lot don’t really have the most crowd driving IP’s this year. Maybe for this year Lower Lot -> Backlot and then Upper Lot?

Do I realistically think it’ll happen in the next 5-10 years? No. But I think to say never is unreasonable considering we’ve gotten The Exorcist, The Shining, & Unfriended, all of which everyone thought would never happen. Me with The Conjuring is like @DTH with Scream. I hope it’ll happen but I’m not expecting anytime soon.

Back to HHN2018, what’s the best strategy for this year? Normally I’d go Backlot, Lower Lot, Upper Lot but the Backlot and Upper Lot don’t really have the most crowd driving IP’s this year. Maybe for this year Lower Lot -> Backlot and then Upper Lot?

I think hitting Stranger Things on your way to the backlot might be your best bet. Purge and Blumhouse shouldn't be too crowded, but Poltergeist might be a big attraction. Meanwhile, Stranger Things is guaranteed to have a massive line. TrT is a wildcard; I have no idea what the line will look like for that maze.

Reactions: horrornights789
I think hitting Stranger Things on your way to the backlot might be your best bet. Purge and Blumhouse shouldn't be too crowded, but Poltergeist might be a big attraction. Meanwhile, Stranger Things is guaranteed to have a massive line. TrT is a wildcard; I have no idea what the line will look like for that maze.

True, I’m also curious to see how Halloween 4 does considering people flock to Micheal Myers & it’s the first maze people will see. TrT I think will benefit from being next to StrTh since Mummy usually fills up pretty quickly

But I think to say never is unreasonable considering we’ve gotten The Exorcist, The Shining, all of which everyone thought would never happen.
Both of which happened BEFORE WB decided to go full haunt. And I'm not even going to acknowledge the 3rd movie you mentioned because it hasn't been announced yet. Besides, out of everything Murdy has done in the past, not sure why it'd be a surprise that it'd become a maze.

Clearly, you have never been to Halloween in West Hollywood.
Nope. I'm good. No need to do so. And that is also my point, having male go-go dancers needs to serve a purpose so it does NOT look like West Hollywood. It'd be one thing if they did a maze for the slasher flick "HellBent", then it'd make sense.

Reactions: DrakeParker
So... you don’t want it to look like West Hollywood, but you ARE okay with female go go dancers looking like the Spearment Rhino on Halloween being “icons” and “giving life” to the the area. And because most horror movies kill off women, not gay men like Hellbent, it serves a purpose. Gotcha.
Nope. I'm good. No need to do so. And that is also my point, having male go-go dancers needs to serve a purpose so it does NOT look like West Hollywood. It'd be one thing if they did a maze for the slasher flick "HellBent", then it'd make sense.

So, while I'm trying to change the subject, what would people think of a Nightbreed maze? Wouldn't that be awesome? Clive Barker needs more representation at this event.

So, while I'm trying to change the subject, what would people think of a Nightbreed maze? Wouldn't that be awesome? Clive Barker needs more representation at this event.

I mean Nightbreed would be amazing; Hellraiser is another obvious IP I want, but Murdy is pulling the "Trick 'r Treat respone". He's waiting for Clive Barker to do the reboot, but from what I've heard, nothing has even come to fruition regarding that film.

I mean Nightbreed would be amazing; Hellraiser is another obvious IP I want, but Murdy is pulling the "Trick 'r Treat respone". He's waiting for Clive Barker to do the reboot, but from what I've heard, nothing has even come to fruition regarding that film.
I'm betting it's Miramax that's calling the shots. Five bucks says they're the reasons why we're not getting a Halloween 2018 maze this year. :/