Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 408 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, we need to see construction on KZ or Shrek 4-D by the end of this year. It shouldn’t have been moved back.
As much as I hate Shrek, I think Kidzone will go first...It has the most potential to bring a headliner land before the new park comes

I know Universal is already nervous about announcing things at the wrong time, imagine with an all new park in the works

Reactions: tankart150
Sorry to be an idiot. What is "Sky" and what effect?

No need to feel like an idiot! We are all idiots here. :toast:

As MD mentioned, Sky UK is a British Telecommunications company that has been in the middle of the whole 21CF merger talks. As it stands now, Comcast has placed a bid for it (and I don't know if I'm right) and that I think they have won the deal.

I don’t believe sky is what is causing the delay. Sky is merely for the future. It is to be used as a model to allow Comcast a way to enter the streaming platform in a broader view. Sky already has a streaming service that is successful throughout Europe. Yes they provide satellite cable but that’s not their greatest value. It’s their streaming platform and broadband they provide. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again chord cutting is a concern for Comcast but with the acquisition of Sky would make them the largest provider of of broadband in the world with a lot of power. Netflix, Amazon, and Disney(soon) may be the big players in streaming but you need broadband to reach those customers which will be controlled by Comcast. It’s a very strategic move.

Also they were willing to purchase both Fox and sky for a total bill over 100 billion. With fox done they are only paying around 34 billion for sky. I’d say money is the least of their concerns with fox out.

Now is it possible that maybe they saw concerns of opening to coasters in back to back years almost right next to each other as a concern, probably. Think about it the congestion for two major attractions in already the most congested area of the park. Also nothing new pulling away from that part of the park or really islands of adventure in general(to USF). Maybe they came up with a better concept. Maybe they were thinking of putting the gyrosphere ride at the new park but talks worked out on a certain IP(LOTR) so they decided JP will become JW and bring the gyrosphere ride to the islands. Or maybe I’m just full of s*#%t.

Wishful thinking is all I have. One thing though they better get moving on new additions across the board as the new park is going to be absolutely fantastic and I’m planning my trip already, waiting 4 or 5 years with nothing else is going to allow Disney to take all the momentum back. That will not be good for business especially with almost 3000 hotel rooms about to open in the next 2 years HP Coaster is huge and all not sure it will bring in over a million new people to keep those hotels(on site) at capacity by itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrlLover
I don’t believe sky is what is causing the delay. Sky is merely for the future. It is to be used as a model to allow Comcast a way to enter the streaming platform in a broader view. Sky already has a streaming service that is successful throughout Europe. Yes they provide satellite cable but that’s not their greatest value. It’s their streaming platform and broadband they provide. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again chord cutting is a concern for Comcast but with the acquisition of Sky would make them the largest provider of of broadband in the world with a lot of power. Netflix, Amazon, and Disney(soon) may be the big players in streaming but you need broadband to reach those customers which will be controlled by Comcast. It’s a very strategic move.

Also they were willing to purchase both Fox and sky for a total bill over 100 billion. With fox done they are only paying around 34 billion for sky. I’d say money is the least of their concerns with fox out.

Now is it possible that maybe they saw concerns of opening to coasters in back to back years almost right next to each other as a concern, probably. Think about it the congestion for two major attractions in already the most congested area of the park. Also nothing new pulling away from that part of the park or really islands of adventure in general(to USF). Maybe they came up with a better concept. Maybe they were thinking of putting the gyrosphere ride at the new park but talks worked out on a certain IP(LOTR) so they decided JP will become JW and bring the gyrosphere ride to the islands. Or maybe I’m just full of s*#%t.

Wishful thinking is all I have. One thing though they better get moving on new additions across the board as the new park is going to be absolutely fantastic and I’m planning my trip already, waiting 4 or 5 years with nothing else is going to allow Disney to take all the momentum back. That will not be good for business especially with almost 3000 hotel rooms about to open in the next 2 years HP Coaster is huge and all not sure it will bring in over a million new people to keep those hotels(on site) at capacity by itself.

I wouldn't say that Sky have a streaming platform per se. It's nothing more than an extension of their tv service by allowing streams of live tv plus movies and tv shows on demand. It doesn't have any exclusives and as a platform, it's awful compared to Netflix. Hell, it's awful compared to Amazon.

Universal loves to bump things back a year.

Disney takes 3 years to build things. Universal bumps it back a year and builds it in 2.

Reactions: Joel
I wouldn't say that Sky have a streaming platform per se. It's nothing more than an extension of their tv service by allowing streams of live tv plus movies and tv shows on demand. It doesn't have any exclusives and as a platform, it's awful compared to Netflix. Hell, it's awful compared to Amazon.

Sky has a ton of original and exclusive content. Now it may not always get the headlines that Netflix does they certainly aren’t shy on spending for content, 9.2 billion dollars in 2017. They produce their own original content and have been expanding for years. They also have fantastic right to movies and shows exclusive to they’re platform in Europe for many years. They have exclusive sports rights. I’d say they have a strong library going forward. As a platform who cares as that can change and has. I remember when Netflix platform was severely lacking compared to amazon, hell even Hulu. Now they are the cleanest looking. And an extension of their tv shows on demand isn’t that quite literally the definition of streaming. Anyways live tv through streaming is what people want Comcast has been pursuing it in the states and sky already has it in Europe since 2013 I believe. It’s a basis for Comcast’s future with a guaranteed revenue stream based on broadband side alone.

Not trying to start a debate I just want to show a broader thinking is all.

Sky has a ton of original and exclusive content. Now it may not always get the headlines that Netflix does they certainly aren’t shy on spending for content, 9.2 billion dollars in 2017. They produce their own original content and have been expanding for years. They also have fantastic right to movies and shows exclusive to they’re platform in Europe for many years. They have exclusive sports rights. I’d say they have a strong library going forward. As a platform who cares as that can change and has. I remember when Netflix platform was severely lacking compared to amazon, hell even Hulu. Now they are the cleanest looking. And an extension of their tv shows on demand isn’t that quite literally the definition of streaming. Anyways live tv through streaming is what people want Comcast has been pursuing it in the states and sky already has it in Europe since 2013 I believe. It’s a basis for Comcast’s future with a guaranteed revenue stream based on broadband side alone.

Not trying to start a debate I just want to show a broader thinking is all.

I agree, they're by far the biggest gun with what they do in Europe. I don't view them as a streaming service though and I think their original programming is more akin to HBO than Netflix and Amazon.

They're definitely exploring the route of streaming only with their Now TV boxes and are able to capture a part of the market that don't want to commit to a full sky package with broadband and the contract that goes with it.

Since delay and speedbump have been mentioned here, could it be they want this ride better/bigger than what they originally had in mind? So perhaps the speedbump is logistical in nature, in that they need to re-evaluate the available space etc.?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Status
Not open for further replies.