Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 409 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, maybe they'll get a reprieve of a few years, but I would not expect "classics" like Mummy/MIB to survive long in a post Park 3 world, if I'm a betting man
Very fair point, but still, the sting when theyret replaced will go away some with a whole third park. Anything that gives me a couple more years with the old dogs is a good thing.

Reactions: JMalez
They're still going to be replacing things, just some projects are shuffling.

It's a question of what they will be replacing, though, once they eventually get around to it. MIB and Mummy should be extremely low on their priorities list. I can think of at least four attractions and one whole land in USF that need to be dealt with first before getting rid of arguably the two best rides in the park.

Last edited:
It's a question of what they will be replacing, though, once they eventually get around to it. MIB and Mummy should be extremely low on their priorities list. I can think of at least four attractions and one whole land in USF that need to be dealt with first before getting rid of arguably the two best rides in the park.

It’s only my opinion, but I think MiB is the second-worst ride I’ve ridden at USF, after the Simpson’s Ride. Mummy is meh. I’m fine with either one being demolished.

It’s only my opinion, but I think MiB is the second-worst ride I’ve ridden at USF, after the Simpson’s Ride. Mummy is meh. I’m fine with either one being demolished.
1) You're crazy. :lol:

2) I don't necessarily want either to go, but people should probably be realistic about their survival chances in the next 10 years

1) You're crazy. :lol:

2) I don't necessarily want either to go, but people should probably be realistic about their survival chances in the next 10 years

I’m really hoping that Pokémon goes into KidZone, because that would make it a lot easier to close Mummy and MiB without major backlash. SNW would have done a better job, but they’ll take what they can get.

Let’s be honest, if Mummy and MiB were to open next year, they’d be regarded as okay rides. Nothing groundbreaking, nothing special. If you put the Mummy outside, than it’s a sub-par coaster. MiB is a underwhelming, outdated, horribly-maintenanced shooting dark-ride.

I’d rather see both Mummy and MiB go than Toon Lagoon. Personal preference.

Let’s be honest, if Mummy and MiB were to open next year, they’d be regarded as okay rides. Nothing groundbreaking, nothing special. If you put the Mummy outside, than it’s a sub-par coaster. MiB is a underwhelming, outdated, horribly-maintenanced shooting dark-ride.

So if you change everything about Mummy it becomes sub-par?:lol:

Totally disagree with your takes MIB looked pretty good outside of the queue the other week when I was there, and it's still by far the best shooter I've ever ridden.

UOR better start something soon because after Potter and Bourne, they got nothing.

I mean they didn't have anything for 2019 until they announced the Potter coaster in August (looking it up it was July, not August) of last year and T2 in October last year. There will be something, but I just am not expecting anything major. Seems like all the big funds are going to Site B.

Reactions: Disneyhead
UOR better start something soon because after Potter and Bourne, they got nothing.

They might not add anything in IOA or USF that year. Maybe the VB expansion? That would count as a addition to the parks.

It’s not like they really need anything that year. The two years afterwards should be big. KidZone/Jurassic Park to combat WDW 50th in 2021, new park in 2022.

I mean they didn't have anything for 2019 until they announced the Potter coaster in August of last year and T2 in October last year. There will be something, but I just am not expecting anything major. Seems like all the big funds are going to Site B.
Which is fine to go a year without anything. especially if an entire new park is at the end of the tunnel.

Something new every year really isn't absolutely necessary (and is something that was only started as a norm only recently). I expect Universal to do something small, much like USH did with the DreamWorks Theater in 2020.

Reactions: Ryno27
Which is fine to go a year without anything. especially if an entire new park is at the end of the tunnel.

Something new every year really isn't absolutely necessary (and is something that was only started as a norm only recently). I expect Universal to do something small, much like USH did with the DreamWorks Theater in 2020.

Right. I still would not be surprised if this JP coaster *ends up happening for 2020*. It's not *that* major of a project. They can get it built in a year if they really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.