Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Universal Monsters

This looks awesome. Love the key art. Sounds like the music should lean in the right direction, too.

This maze, is going to be something else.

I was told of the possibility of it, back in the later half of 2017. And when I got more and more rumblings of it, it seemed like it was finally happening.

The Universal Classic Monsters; are landmark for the Universal Pictures catalog. They house so many characters and stories to be told, from The Creature to Dracula. From The Phantom to The Wolfman. So many of these characters have made history in many ways, even small. And the fact that Murdy is finally doing this, makes me root and support this maze completely.

I was told of Slash in July, and was..albeit dissapointed. But, if the music from the trailer gives any indication; it excites me to no end of a possibly different take on what Slash typically does.

I am so excited to see the final product, especially from what Murdy spoke of last night; as he really seemed to be scared about this, in so many ways than one.

Reactions: DTH
Yeahhhhhh!!! Was hoping it was gonna have some dark goth music, but after hearing slash in the video, now I'm really excited.

Interesting that they mention the Phantoms going to be in the maze considering he and the Hunchback got their own scarezone, Kind of makes me sad we wont see all the monsters in the scarezone, but oh well.

What about nosferatu? Will they just have him flicker the light switch?

EDIT: Not a universal monster god Im an idiot.

Yeah I'm curious if anyone on this forum knows how they were able to use him in the House of Horrors? I understand mask/makeup wise he's more terrifying to look at than a live actor Dracula, but since he's not theirs.

I believe in the U.S. Nosferatu is in public domain, so maybe that's it.

It's on youtube legally, so I'm pretty sure that's it.

Though I think they referenced the movie in Orlando's version? I could definitely see a version of Nosferatu in the maze.

Side note: I want to see what the interiors look like so bad. Gothic castle? German expressionism?

It's on youtube legally, so I'm pretty sure that's it.

Though I think they referenced the movie in Orlando's version? I could definitely see a version of Nosferatu in the maze.

Side note: I want to see what the interiors look like so bad. Gothic castle? German expressionism?
I think that the part with frankenstein in the trailer was filmed in the actual maze (thats my theory anyways)