The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was Sinbad any good, out of interest? I remember watching it in 2012, but I don't really remember what it was like.

As for what could be replacing it, I reckon a new Lost Continent attraction would be nice, as long as they keep the fountain! As nice as the area is scenery wise, I personally think that the area lacks a standout attraction.

Was Sinbad any good, out of interest? I remember watching it in 2012, but I don't really remember what it was like.

As for what could be replacing it, I reckon a new Lost Continent attraction would be nice, as long as they keep the fountain! As nice as the area is scenery wise, I personally think that the area lacks a standout attraction.
Don't get too attached to LC.

It's not gonna be going away when Sindbad closes. However, when the time comes where we find out a replacement, I would put a pretty hefty bet that LC won't be seeing a new attraction, but full-scale demolition.

It's funny how some people think they are entitled to get information from theme parks just because they do. Announcements come as they come, 15 year in advance or months before the opening. It's not up to you.
Disney is closing stuff all the time too sometimes replacing it with almost nothing (Innoventions, the wonders of live pavilion, the Odyssey restaurant, Rocket Rods, Skyway MK, 20K MK, AK+MK+DLP boat rides, Discovery Island, River country, Osborn Lights, Lights of Winter, parades etc).
At Universal there are always plans to replace attractions, there are also good reasons to close something (goes for any theme park). In the case of 8th Voyage it's probably because it didn't pull enough people in, maybe they need the stunt people for the new T2 replacement show. In the end the show isn't missed much and you would be excused to miss it when it was open because it's not in the middle of the land but tucked in the back. If you don't like it that's okay but that attitude you should get checked. it's not healthy.

I guess the problem is not on people feeling entitled, but on losing hype for whats coming and losing interest. as well as feeling in the dark and feeling left out.
a lot of people might feel that if Uni doesn't announce anything it could mean they dont care about the visitors or they dont have any good plans, which will make people worry or be concerned.
I think the anger is coming from a place of concern and not entitlement. it feels more like a concerned anger.

it was kinda cheesy and kinda boring. the jokes weren't too great. It was nice to sit and rest between rides but it wasn't a must see. i doubt many people did it more than once. and even in its closing, not a lot of people care for the ride itself.

people are just worried that something is closing, but i doubt anyone shed a tear for this show like people did for Beetlejuice

Reactions: Matt N
Don't get too attached to LC.

It's not gonna be going away when Sindbad closes. However, when the time comes where we find out a replacement, I would put a pretty hefty bet that LC won't be seeing a new attraction, but full-scale demolition.
Do you reckon they could expand WWoHP onto the Lost Continent land?

I guess the problem is not on people feeling entitled, but on losing hype for whats coming and losing interest. as well as feeling in the dark and feeling left out.
a lot of people might feel that if Uni doesn't announce anything it could mean they dont care about the visitors or they dont have any good plans, which will make people worry or be concerned.
I think the anger is coming from a place of concern and not entitlement. it feels more like a concerned anger.

I don’t know how anyone can look at the Potter coaster and not be hyped for next year, which is what Universal wants. They don’t want guests looking at 2020 and beyond.

And to be frank, Universal doesn’t *care* about its guests. Neither does Disney. They *care* about their money. Believing a giant corporate entity cares about you is a mistake. Getting angry or feeling left out when they don’t give you every small detail isn’t something people should be feeling about theme parks.

We all know Universal’s plans. They’re gettting ready to construct a new theme park and it’s resorts. Hopefully there’s more between now and 2022/23. Yes, I’d love to hear all the details now, but Uni just doesn’t work that way.

Do you reckon they could expand WWoHP onto the Lost Continent land?

More likely it’ll be something non-Potter

I don’t know how anyone can look at the Potter coaster and not be hyped for next year, which is what Universal wants. They don’t want guests looking at 2020 and beyond.

And to be frank, Universal doesn’t *care* about its guests. Neither does Disney. They *care* about their money. Believing a giant corporate entity cares about you is a mistake. Getting angry or feeling left out when they don’t give you every small detail isn’t something people should be feeling about theme parks.

We all know Universal’s plans. They’re gettting ready to construct a new theme park and it’s resorts. Hopefully there’s more between now and 2022/23. Yes, I’d love to hear all the details now, but Uni just doesn’t work that way.

More likely it’ll be something non-Potter
Yup. Universal has a brand new park coming up. New Tron coaster can’t top that.

Reactions: Sithina
Universal is doing a favor for guests by now allowing them to watch Sinbad. Sinbad has no net gain for Universal nor park visitors. Nobody watches... so why spend money? I understand the entire money saving scheme scenario, but does it really matter for Sinbad? Heck, the Blues Brothers probably receive the same amount of viewers Sinbad does in a day.

What I hope does happen is Universal immediately removes the theater so that they can add a bit of a buffer between Hogsmeade Station and LC because Hogsmeade needs to finally have construction out of its sight once the new coaster opens.

Hey I’m excited for TRON, Guardians, Mickey, and especially Star Wars! So if there’s nothing between the Potter coaster and Park 3(which I doubt), I’ll just go over to Disney for a few years. Perfect situation.
I mean I am too, but we can’t just sit here and say Universal isn’t doing anything. If they didn’t open a new ride after Potter and T2 until the new park opens you still couldn’t complain IMO. Save the cash for a bigger and better new park then replacing Sindbad at this point. We are still looking at a possible JP coaster and Kid Zone replacement before the park opens also.

The issue with closing Sinband has less to do with customer impact and more to do with optics. It just doesn't look good to close a major attraction with no immediate plans to replace it while the resort continues to penny pinch and operate like it did during the Blackstone/GE days. The parks have become a cash cow for Comcast and there is just no reason for this kind of cheap, short-term planning. Having an enormous, empty theater in a land with only one operating attraction LOOKS bad regardless of whether or not a significant portion of park-goers give a damn about Sinband.

Disney pulled the same crap in the mid-2000's and everyone called them cheap and shortsighted back then too.

Definitely bothers me. Universal currently has a mindset that they believe they can get away with things because of what's to come.
The difference is, Universal will actually do something with the theater other than turning it into a Flower and Garden event space

Article seems fair and accurate
Really, they mentioned T2 and DC but failed to mention their announced replacements and the new park.

And considering the title, they should have mentioned GMR, Energy, and the LMA Stunt show and their announced replacements.

The article is misleading in that it makes it look like Universal is not investing in the future of their resort, and that Disney is. When in reality, both resorts are dumping billions into the Orlando Parks.

Really, they mentioned T2 and DC but failed to mention their announced replacements and the new park.

And considering the title, they should have mentioned GMR, Energy, and the LMA Stunt show and their announced replacements.

The article is misleading in that it makes it look like Universal is not investing in the future of their resort, and that Disney is. When in reality, both resorts are dumping billions into the Orlando Parks.
with all due respect the article mentions the new potter coaster and a T2 replacement. Granted, no mention of a new park. But they would be reporting on speculation?

Hey I’m excited for TRON, Guardians, Mickey, and especially Star Wars! So if there’s nothing between the Potter coaster and Park 3(which I doubt), I’ll just go over to Disney for a few years. Perfect situation.
Exactly people think it’s some sort of competition between the parks. When in reality Orlando is lucky to have such a vast array of theme parks like Disney,Universal and Seaworld as well as Legoland at their front door. No other area in the country besides Southern California has this amount of theme parks in one metro area.

I mean I am too, but we can’t just sit here and say Universal isn’t doing anything. If they didn’t open a new ride after Potter and T2 until the new park opens you still couldn’t complain IMO. Save the cash for a bigger and better new park then replacing Sindbad at this point. We are still looking at a possible JP coaster and Kid Zone replacement before the park opens also.
Wait we are.

Starting to search for when they announced these cause that would be awesome.

Can’t find them can you please share a link cause the only thing I found was an article about Nintendo replacement at Kidzone and construction walls up but we all know how that turned out.

Sorry for seeming rude but “possible” is nothing more than hopeful speculation right now.

I hate to be the negative Nancy but how much closer could we have been to Nintendo than construction walls up for demolition at Kidzone , permits filed, plans submitted and what what were given construction walls removed, nothing changed, and wait some more. Not only did we lose Nintendo for additional years Kidzone was left with no replacement ready.

Not opening anything new and cutting projects to build another resort is not expansion just a redirection of funds. Sorry people but robbing Paul to pay back Mary isn’t the solution. But we get a new park yes and we get nothing new at the other parks. It’s a trade off and as a consumer I demand more.

As others have stated oh I’ll just skip universal for a while in favor of Disney. This statement means point is proven and universal is losing.

Sorry I am honestly hoping universal does an amazing announcement that just slaps the negative out of me and if that day comes damn I’ll be happy but for now as stated before I’m a realist and seeing is believing.

Nothing new at the old parks? Where have you been the last years? HP opens next year. T2 replacement opens soon after. New park has been rumored to possibly open 22/23. So we have 20/21 to have new rides open also. People say JP coaster could be that. Why must Universal announce that 3 years ahead of time to make people happy? They aren’t losing anything. Demanding they open up more and more while they have opened up plenty and are continuing to do so along with opening a whole new park is ridiculous to me. They just don’t announce a bunch of things that open I. 3-5 years like Disney does. Not he ahing anytime soon.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Nothing new at the old parks? Where have you been the last years? HP opens next year. T2 replacement opens soon after. New park has been rumored to possibly open 22/23. So we have 20/21 to have new rides open also. People say JP coaster could be that. Why must Universal announce that 3 years ahead of time to make people happy? They aren’t losing anything. Demanding they open up more and more while they have opened up plenty and are continuing to do so along with opening a whole new park is ridiculous to me. They just don’t announce a bunch of things that open I. 3-5 years like Disney does. Not he ahing anytime soon.
The projects you quote have been in the works since before all the recent project shuffling.

I will reiterate my point that having an entire resort sit stagnant for 3 to 4 years to force everything to new project is not expansion it’s just a trade. Also no it’s not just 2 years actually time elapsed between T2 replacement and south property at minimum will be 3 years, actual time passed.

I have gone on record stating that the Potter coaster is seemingly the next game changer and in itself could rival the whole of GE at Disney but with that said will that suffice for 3 years against all of Disney will be unleashing for 3 straight years.

I don’t see how I’m so terrible in wanting universal to continually flesh out its current parks and work on the 2nd resort. Why does it have to be one or the other, why not both. Man it’s almost like a blind eye has been thrown cause well it’s what they do, there may be a plan, we love them, no wrong can be done, my god people. I love them too but I want more and refuse to just settle. Its what drives innovation and grandeur, the idea of more not the idea of well that’s enough for now.