The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's just Sindbad. People have wanted Fear Factor closed for years. If that was closing instead of Sindbad, would anyone really be arguing that it's a big loss for the park that already has few sit-down shows available? Or would you be happy that they finally closed the show and are hopefully going to do something else? I don't like the idea that it's budget cuts but hey it means Bourne is ramping up and hopefully gives them the nudge they need to finally do something else with LC.

Nobody is going to cancel their vacations over Sindbad. By what some posters here have said, most people didn't even know the show existed or just didn't care to watch it while in the park.

Personally, I think Sinbad’s theater is pretty well hidden from sight lines, I doubt most guess even notice the theatre. I am a bit surprised to see the reaction on here just because I feel the one corner I notice when I am at the park, well, that corner messes with the sight lines for the HE station.

I also would not expect UNI to rush into replacing Lost Continant as a whole (or the part that is left). I just think many suggest IP’s like HTTYD or Zelda because of the feel the area has today with the outdoor market feel that is there now.

I also enjoy seeing the facades at Poseidon and Mythos and feel those will be bigger loses than the Sindbad’s show closing, but hey, they are keeping the fountain for now and that is a fun ‘attraction’ to take in and one my family has spent more time watching than the show or the walkthrough, but that is just due to the way my family tours IOA and is not a commentary on the quality of Sindbad nor Poseidon.

I mean, one theater shuttered is nothing compared to Epcot's nonsense

I do not doubt they have intentions to replace Sindbad in the next two to three years
Also, I think, unlike Sinbad with a very specific set, the Toon theater can (and has been) be used for a variety of purposes, from a stunt show, to a TV taping and such.

I want to see Kong Skull Island from 2017 in a fourth gate but it’s highly unlikely if Kong returns to a new park since they already have him at IOA. Just saying theirs already a new version of King Kong out and the movie that’s coming out Kong v Godzilla could be a hit. If successful it would be pretty neat to see them battle it out in a attraction. Id prefer not to see projected screens for this though. Go back to the Kongfrontation type of special effects without glasses. This wouldn’t be in a classic monsters section because Kong and Godzilla don’t fit with Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf Man. It would be called the MonsterVerse World if Fantastic Worlds is indeed the name of a 4th gate.

Reactions: tankart150
I want to see Kong Skull Island from 2017 in a fourth gate but it’s highly unlikely if Kong returns to a new park since they already have him at IOA. Just saying theirs already a new version of King Kong out and the movie that’s coming out Kong v Godzilla could be a hit. If successful it would be pretty neat to see them battle it out in a attraction. Id prefer not to see projected screens for this though. Go back to the Kongfrontation type of special effects without glasses. This wouldn’t be in a classic monsters section because Kong and Godzilla don’t fit with Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolf Man. It would be called the MonsterVerse World if Fantastic Worlds is indeed the name of a 4th gate.

Okay, and how does that relate to Sindbad? :eek:O:

Okay, and how does that relate to Sindbad? :eek:O:
Retheme Lost Continent to Skull Island but we already have Skull Island in IOA maybe theirs a way to expand Skull Island reign of Kong land at IOA in the near future but I don’t see where they can do expansion in that location of IOA theirs no room. Probably best bet to bring the King over to a fourth gate with Godzilla, possibly Mothra, Rodan, etc.

Reactions: tankart150
Retheme Lost Continent to Skull Island but we already have Skull Island in IOA maybe theirs a way to expand Skull Island reign of Kong land at IOA in the near future but I don’t see where they can do expansion in that location of IOA theirs no room. Probably best bet to bring the King over to a fourth gate with Godzilla, possibly Mothra, Rodan, etc.

Not gonna lie, you really confuse me sometimes. Kong isn’t moving. At all.

Any chance this theater gets used for the new Grinchmas show? I know it's long away from Seuss but I can see them using the theater for a year or 2 before it goes bye bye. (And yes, the toon lagoon theater is better suited for a show)

Any chance this theater gets used for the new Grinchmas show? I know it's long away from Seuss but I can see them using the theater for a year or 2 before it goes bye bye. (And yes, the toon lagoon theater is better suited for a show)
Without gutting it, the Sindbad theater isn't really suitable for anything other than Sindbad. The whole thing is strange uneven rock work and tiny sections built specifically for the stunts. It lacks the large flat stage area of something like Wild West Stunt Show that was perfect for things like Bill and Ted and later Fear Factor.

And if they're going to eventually level the Sindbad theater for a new land anyway, I doubt they would go through the trouble of gutting the stage area just to get 1 or 2 years worth of use for seasonal programming.

Without gutting it, the Sindbad theater isn't really suitable for anything other than Sindbad. The whole thing is strange uneven rock work and tiny sections built specifically for the stunts. It lacks the large flat stage area of something like Wild West Stunt Show that was perfect for things like Bill and Ted and later Fear Factor.

And if they're going to eventually level the Sindbad theater for a new land anyway, I doubt they would go through the trouble of gutting the stage area just to get 1 or 2 years worth of use for seasonal programming.

Not gutting the stage really, just retheming it really.

Not gutting the stage really, just retheming it really.
There's not much "stage" to it. It's all rockwork, trapdoors and themed elements. There'd be a lot of gutting just to get the theming to go away, and then re-building to get a new flat surface to stand on.

I just don't see it happening. My gut tells me this thing sits empty for a few years.