The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad Closing

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also, I think, unlike Sinbad with a very specific set, the Toon theater can (and has been) be used for a variety of purposes, from a stunt show, to a TV taping and such.
Has that been used recently? I don’t understand why Universal would want two SBNO theatres.

So all the performers will be relocated to T2/Bourne?
No telling at this point. Hopefully some will. Others also hold gigs doing characters around the Universal parks, and I believe most of them also work in shows at WDW so they will hopefully just be able to pick up more shifts there. These are incredibly talented folks, so I'm sure they will be able to find decent work around Orlando even if there's not a part for them in the Bourne show.

Has that been used recently? I don’t understand why Universal would want two SBNO theatres.

I don't believe that management wants that... however, it wouldn't be hard to put a temporary show in at the Toon Lagoon for the Holiday crowds. They did that a few years ago with a Matt Hoffman BMX show. That space is still used as rehearsal space, but the trailers behind it for Entertainment house the Toon and Marvel characters, so it wouldn't be too hard to get it guest-ready.

Then again, when I worked at the park, management decided that Hulk was too important to close during repainting (and that idea went away during the track replacement/rebuilding concept). All you can really do is guess the motivations behind these things.

Reactions: tankart150
I do not believe any dramatic changes have been made, only that they have been writing and blocking the show off site until this month. Now they're ready to start modifying the theater to fit the new show's specs.

All I know is, no 3D this time is great, but it didn't help F&F... I think what will, is that this one should (hopefully) be more live action, and less screen. (Kind of like the inverse of the T2 show, which was mostly screen with some live action.)

I thought blocking was started months ago? Quote was from 7/1

Reactions: TDBLMT
Tomb Raider isn't a big property in the world of gaming these days, and the WB Tomb Raider film didn't really do good in both reception and financial (domestic).

You know what another video game property that isn’t really a hit that could turn into a show could be the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim. Then you can keep the Lost Continent theme probably. I personally liked the game on the XBOX.

Reactions: tankart150
I always forget how awesome T2 was when it first opened....Spiderman before Spiderman in terms of breaking new ground
And then Mr. Cameron did it again with Flight of Passage. Guy has a real knack for 3D attractions.

Before anyone doubts, yes, he was likely very involved with the developement of both attractions. It would fit with how much of a perfectionist he is.

And then Mr. Cameron did it again with Flight of Passage. Guy has a real knack for 3D attractions.

Before anyone doubts, yes, he was likely very involved with the developement of both attractions.
I don't think FoP is all that ground breaking as much as excellent execution of the concept. It is definitely a step forward from Soarin', but that fact alone makes it evolutionary not revolutionary.