Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 397 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! First time comment!

So, at the beginning of the year, Universal put out a blog post about what would be announced this year. Included in this post was the Potter coaster, T2 replacement, and Nintendo's presence in Orlando.

Do we think this is just being thrown aside now? :bigeye:

Reactions: HPFred

So, at the beginning of the year, Universal put out a blog post about what would be announced this year. Included in this post was the Potter coaster, T2 replacement, and Nintendo's presence in Orlando.

You'll probably hear about the Potter coaster and T2 before the end of the year.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Nintendo

I would bet on that.

I guess there is a super outside chance they'll just release the same art USJ showed, maybe with the Donkey Kong portion added in, and say "Coming soon!" and end it there. But who knows

I think that by itself would be enough to send everyone into a frenzy!

You'll probably hear about the Potter coaster and T2 before the end of the year.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Nintendo
Wonder if they'll just act like they never said that.. LOL.

Here's the blog post in question: Universal Orlando Close Up | More in Store for 2018 at Universal Orlando Resort - Close Up

Here's what is said about Nintendo (notice it says "like", as in not everything here will get its own announcement this year):

Crystal Ball Gazing

While I can’t share details on things yet to be announced, you can expect to hear an announcement or two from us this year on things like:

• The previously-announced ride replacing Dragon Challenge in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade
  • An additional projection mapping experience at Hogwarts castle
  • Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular being replaced
  • Something new going in where Terminator 2: 3D was
  • A new venue coming to Universal CityWalk where Element was
  • Our expanding hotel collection
  • The continued global expansion of our partnership with Nintendo. Our sister park in Japan has already broken ground on Super Nintendo World; I’m sure you can’t wait to hear what’s next.

Last edited:
  • The continued global expansion of our partnership with Nintendo. Our sister park in Japan has already broken ground on Super Nintendo World; I’m sure you can’t wait to hear what’s next.

Can't really say that is Orlando even though it is in the UOR Blog so I guess I didn't mis-remember. At least that is what I am sticking to :grin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.