Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 396 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So blindly optimistic we get announcements for...

USF
FFL to close and replaced by MoM
Shrek 4D to close and replaced by villiancon
Kidzone to close and replaced by Pokémon

IoA
Lost Continent to close and replaced by Berk
Expansion plot at Seuss Landing to be Mt. Krumpit
Toon Lagoon to get major refurbishment(the Love it deserves)

VB
Expansion plot to get 2nd water coaster and slide tower

This is all part of a 4 year plan leading to the opening of the south resort in late 2022(soft)
With new entertainment center, 3rd dry park, 3 hotels and 2nd water park(2023)

Wishful thinking is all, before work, just something would be nice please.
Right, except LC is going to be Hyrule ;)

So blindly optimistic we get announcements for...

USF
FFL to close and replaced by MoM
Shrek 4D to close and replaced by villiancon
Kidzone to close and replaced by Pokémon

IoA
Lost Continent to close and replaced by Berk
Expansion plot at Seuss Landing to be Mt. Krumpit
Toon Lagoon to get major refurbishment(the Love it deserves)

VB
Expansion plot to get 2nd water coaster and slide tower

This is all part of a 4 year plan leading to the opening of the south resort in late 2022(soft)
With new entertainment center, 3rd dry park, 3 hotels and 2nd water park(2023)

Wishful thinking is all, before work, just something would be nice please.
Toon Lagoon could totally stay with some updates...It has potential

Wouldn't it be fun to have a proper Scooby Doo ride, for instance

Toon Lagoon could totally stay with some updates...It has potential

Wouldn't it be fun to have a proper Scooby Doo ride, for instance
Was just reading an article on Theme Park insider and hit the link with the TPI reader attraction rankings for IOA. Top ranking "Must See" attractions were FJ, Spidey, Hulk and Dudley. Sometimes you just never know what people really like. And I've seen the Touring plan reader rankings and they have Popeye listed as number 4 including all attractions at 'both' Universal Orlando parks (USF & IOA).

Was just reading an article on Theme Park insider and hit the link with the TPI reader attraction rankings for IOA. Top ranking "Must See" attractions were FJ, Spidey, Hulk and Dudley. Sometimes you just never know what people really like. And I've seen the Touring plan reader rankings and they have Popeye listed as number 4 including all attractions at 'both' Universal Orlando parks (USF & IOA).

Man, the GP has pretty good taste! :thumbsup: Too bad it’ll probably be taken over by the HP roller-coaster.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Man, the GP has pretty good taste! :thumbsup: Too bad it’ll probably be taken over by the HP roller-coaster.
If you like water rides in theme parks, the trio of Popeye/JPRA/Dudley is as good as it gets....Potter coaster may well end up as one of the best rides in the entire resort. FJ and Spidey could have competition if this plays as well as it looks thus far.

So just getting situated with everything and just want to make sure I wasn’t misunderstood.
I completely would like for Toon Lagoon to stay with Dudley and Popeye, I only meant for those 2 rides to get love and enhancements from Uni. Me and my family had a blast on them but some added elements for extra theming and action during the ride and nice refurb is all I meant. Also totally love the idea of Scooby haunted house ride would be fantastic. Scooby-Doo is my favorite of all the classic cartoons. Toon Lagoon wouldn’t need to even lose anything to gain it minus a practically abandoned theater.

Edit
Also the only reason I said Berk for lost continent was Berk just draws itself as a stand alone land, as if I need to remind anyone its an island after all, wink wink.

Now a Zelda inspired area, well let’s face it their is a massive catalog to draw from. It’s a whole world, wink wink, to build from. What if Hyrule was merely one of the areas located in this Zelda world.

Ok well now that I cleared that up this is all merely wishful thinking that I pray Universal begins unleashing as a gauntlet towards the masses.

Last edited:
So just getting situated with everything and just want to make sure I wasn’t misunderstood.
I completely would like for Toon Lagoon to stay with Dudley and Popeye, I only meant for those 2 rides to get love and enhancements from Uni. Me and my family had a blast on them but some added elements for extra theming and action during the ride and nice refurb is all I meant. Also totally love the idea of Scooby haunted house ride would be fantastic. Scooby-Doo is my favorite of all the classic cartoons. Toon Lagoon wouldn’t need to even lose anything to gain it minus a practically abandoned theater.
Dammit!!! I've been scolded endlessly that the theater is not abandoned and gets used like 10 days a year......maybe.>:)

Reactions: Andysol and Moose84
Dudley is a great water ride, not as good as JPRA IMO, but good....I feel however, that it could be replaced easily by another Toon IP and still be considered a high class water ride

TL is a weird land. It has the best water ride (Popeye) in Orlando while Dudley could have been the best ride if they replaced the IP and actually finished theming. The rest of TL (not including Me Ship) could be redone.

They don't even need to replace the theming just need to update it, make it more meme/cheesy, and finish it. They already own the IP so that's a money saving measure.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Sponge bob.

Honestly, all of TL could become Spongebob and it would be awesome

Comic Strip Cafe becomes Krusty Krab
Blondies becomes Chum Bucket
Wimpy's becomes.....something....probably still closed
Popeye becomes themed to the Flying Dutchman, Popeye's boat is rethemed
Dudley becomes ride through Bikini Bottom, Plankton steals formula
TL Theater becomes trackless boating school dark ride

Delete*

I still believe Spongebob has a large pull, not in the scale of Potter, but still decent. I think Potter's success has somewhat spoiled Universal (and us) into thinking that everything has to be the next Potter. Only Nintendo could achieve such a change. Universal needs to calm down a bit and understand that forcing IPs and expecting Potter-esque returns won't happen all the time.

Spongebob can sell lots of merch. If the Spongebob store doesn't sell as much as merch as Universal hoped for, maybe that's why we never got more Spongebob outside of the parade.

I still believe Spongebob has a large pull, not in the scale of Potter, but still decent. I think Potter's success has somewhat spoiled Universal (and us) into thinking that everything has to be the next Potter. Only Nintendo could achieve such a change. Universal needs to calm down a bit and understand that forcing IPs and expecting Potter-esque returns won't happen all the time.

Spongebob can sell lots of merch. If the Spongebob store doesn't sell as much as merch as Universal hoped for, maybe that's why we never got more Spongebob outside of the parade.
It surprises to me to no end that we never got a Krusty Krab. It could easily be done in the style of Fast Food Boulevard.

I always assumed that there was some corporate nonsense stopping more Spongebob from being in the parks.

Reactions: HPFred
It surprises to me to no end that we never got a Krusty Krab. It could easily be done in the style of Fast Food Boulevard.

I always assumed that there was some corporate nonsense stopping more Spongebob from being in the parks.

Or the licensing fee was cost prohibitive. Remember Universal doesn't own Spongebob therefore there are others who probably tried to exploit the situation there is a reason outside Transformers which was got due to Spielberg almost every other Viacom property isn't present in the parks anymore and the Nick Hotel stop paying the licensing fee.

The Nickelodeon and Universal topic is a bit tricky to navigate...My best guess is, it never happened because both companies went through an.....interesting metamorphosis

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Status
Not open for further replies.