Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm gonna be honest, this coaster doesn't personally excited me or really appeal to me, but that's okay because not every coaster has to. It should be a decent ride to pull in the crowds, and it's a double multi-launch coaster.

It's not something I'd make a trip out for, but again, I'm an idiot coaster enthusiast who lives in North Carolina.

I'm gonna be honest, this coaster doesn't personally excited me or really appeal to me, but that's okay because not every coaster has to. It should be a decent ride to pull in the crowds, and it's a double multi-launch coaster.

It's not something I'd make a trip out for, but again, I'm an idiot coaster enthusiast who lives in North Carolina.
You live closer to a Giga and an awesome hyper. That’s something to be thankful about.

If anything SFMM is getting the better end of the additions. Everyone else is getting a Sky Screamer. lol

Reactions: SOCAL110
I hate to say it, but after seeing Cedar Point add Steel Vengeance and what SFMM is doing for their "20th coaster," I have to say it.

Cedar Point>SFMM

Also...

Cedar Fair>Six Flags

I just saw the concept video for Yukon Striker. It puts the lame, gimmicky WCR to shame.

Gentleman, here is a real coaster...

Ceader fair and other chains have more money to throw around than Six flags.....

thats the difference.

There was a time where SF would just throw money at ride manufacturers (like tastu).

Thst hasn’t happened in a while.

Last edited:
Do people even ride coasters because they're fun anymore, or just to compare coaster A to coaster B, even though the two have little to nothing to do with each other?

What a horrible way to be a coaster "enthusiast".

At the end of the day, I want to ride them all, not sit around complaining.

Do people even ride coasters because they're fun anymore, or just to compare coaster A to coaster B, even though the two have little to nothing to do with each other?

If this coaster was anywhere else, it’d be getting a ton of praise. Coaster enthusiasts are confusing sometimes...

I hate to say it, but after seeing Cedar Point add Steel Vengeance and what SFMM is doing for their "20th coaster," I have to say it.

Cedar Point>SFMM

Also...

Cedar Fair>Six Flags

I just saw the concept video for Yukon Striker. It puts the lame, gimmicky WCR to shame.

Gentleman, here is a real coaster...

I think in general, you're right... Cedar Fair is superior to SF. They care a bit more about the whole park experience (flat rides, food, atmosphere), while SF is a bit more bottom line thrills. One isn't necessarily better than the other depending on what your interests are, but as a whole... I do think CF wins out.

I do disagree Yukon Striker is a superior coaster. B&M dive coasters are great the first time, but hold very little repeat value. They look impressive, but I've found the ride to largely be a big yawn.

Just because a coaster doesn't make top speeds or go especially high doesn't mean it's a write off. Look at Maverick, which I enjoy way more than Valravn at CP.

I worried about the wait times for the second launch as well, but do note there's only 12 people to a train, which (theoretically) should be much faster to check off.

Another board is saying that it'll have comfort collars, though... any one know more about that? If it's like the ones on Electric Eel, they're pretty cumbersome to put on and off. :/

I'm assuming you're referring to me. Honestly dude, I'm the furthest thing from an enthusiast. I get annoyed with enthusiasts as well. I love GOLIATH which enthusiasts seem to hate for some reason, They call it a "useless" coaster.

I really like Full Throttle, another ride enthusiasts love to hate. I pretty much enjoy all the coasters at SFMM, except for Green Lantern due to it being a painful experience.

Don't get me wrong. This will be most likely be a fun coaster. It's just not something I'm going to plan a special trip for. Like I said, If I were a local, I would probably check it out.

This is just a watered down version of TC, a redundant choice for the park. A way to get to "20 coasters" without making the necessary capital investment for a full-fledged coaster.

I'm just sad that Six Flags is done with making real coasters anymore. Fortunately, Cedar Fair and other chains will continue to add solid coasters.

I think in general, you're right... Cedar Fair is superior to SF. They care a bit more about the whole park experience (flat rides, food, atmosphere), while SF is a bit more bottom line thrills. One isn't necessarily better than the other depending on what your interests are, but as a whole... I do think CF wins out.

I do disagree Yukon Striker is a superior coaster. B&M dive coasters are great the first time, but hold very little repeat value. They look impressive, but I've found the ride to largely be a big yawn.

Just because a coaster doesn't make top speeds or go especially high doesn't mean it's a write off. Look at Maverick, which I enjoy way more than Valravn at CP.

I worried about the wait times for the second launch as well, but do note there's only 12 people to a train, which (theoretically) should be much faster to check off.

Another board is saying that it'll have comfort collars, though... any one know more about that? If it's like the ones on Electric Eel, they're pretty cumbersome to put on and off. :/

To be fair, Maverick reaches speeds of 70 mph. West Coast Racer tops out at 55 mph. This thing is a family thrill coaster. The only type of coaster I was hoping we didn't get. Lol

Also dude, "the pit stop" before the second launch is being marketed as an "experience." In other words, riders are going to be waiting there for a while until the next train is ready to launch.

If this coaster was anywhere else, it’d be getting a ton of praise. Coaster enthusiasts are confusing sometimes...

Again dude, not an enthusiast. But, do you think this is a "20th coaster"milestone caliber, or just a way for Six Flags to cut corners?

No doubt though, it will be a fun coaster. So there's that.

Last edited:
I would argue that Cheetah Hunt is a family thrill coaster, and that's one of the most praised coasters at Busch Gardens Tampa.

There is no need for a coaster type to have a stigma. And to be honest, why does it have to have a stigma?

There's no stigma to family thrill coasters. If anything, they bring in higher revenue than most other type of coasters.

I'm speaking about personal preference. It's just not a ride I'm going to plan a trip for.

The fact that they aren't even advertising this as their 20th coaster should tell you a lot about what SFMM thinks about the coaster count... for a "not enthusiast" you do seem to bring it up a lot.

Also Park journey said it best, don't know how four launches/ four inversions is in any way a family coaster.

Reactions: alias8703
Meanwhile at Carowinds... Cedar Fair steals the show again lol. That airtime launch tho...

Also, notice how even though Copperhead Strike is only 3,300 ft long, it feels like a super long ride because its proportional.

The fact that they aren't even advertising this as their 20th coaster should tell you a lot about what SFMM thinks about the coaster count... for a "not enthusiast" you do seem to bring it up a lot.

Also Park journey said it best, don't know how four launches/ four inversions is in any way a family coaster.

Huh? That's actually the very thing Six Flags mentions about WCR...

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Meanwhile at Carowinds... Cedar Fair steals the show again lol. That airtime launch tho...

Also, notice how even though Copperhead Strike is only 3,300 ft long, it feels like a super long ride because its proportional.

Looks incredible!

Unfortunately, Six Flags no longer has the desire or capital to invest in fully-realized coasters like this anymore.