Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN '18: Stranger Things

after seeing the video i have to say this sound AWESOME.
i love how there using some human characters as scares.

after seeing the video i have to say this sound AWESOME.
i love how there using some human characters as scares.

This sounds like an absolutely packed maze. Alot like how Orlando's described their's, actually, but juuuuuust different enough. Plus, it sounds like they're gonna deliver on those scares. Count me pumped!

here's what was said in the vid
entrance- forest with will's bike, search party audio will be here, you cross the perimeter of the Hawkins lab where demogorgon noises are heard, as you exit the woods you see the demogorgon behind a clothesline [projection]. you then enter to the byers house.
byers house - you enter into the living room with the Christmas lights, "r.u.n" will be spelled out in the wall, a effect will be on the phone to represent it shorting out, you then enter into wills room. lamps will be going off, joyce will be there freaking out with the axe while the demogorgons hand will come out of the wall.
backyard - you then enter into the backyard where the demogorgon will attack from the shed, fort byers will be there, you then enter into a portal from the trees as you enter the upside down.
upside down - you then enter into the upside down forest, Nancy will be there freaked out looking for Johnathan, the dead dear will be there, the demogorgon will then pop out as you finally see him head to toe.
Hawkins lab - you then see hawkins lab, the van will be there as multiple hazmat people will pop out, as you enter you see the elevator death as you can see the guys legs [animatronic] kicking as you hear the demogorgon eat him, chief hopper will pop out firing a warning shot telling us to "GO". more hazmat suit men will pop out, you then see the gate entrance where Dr Brenner will pop out saying "it's okay, it's calling out to you, it wants you to meet it" as he sends you into the upside down.
the void - you then pass fort byer's in it's decried state, you see barbs corpse, you pass will as he comes to life for a scare, demogorgon will attack.
school - you pass the dead agents eleven killed telekinetically, you then enter a transition where you see the demogorgon phasing through a wall [scrim effect], you then enter the lab where eleven is banishing the demogorgon.

Last edited:
I feel like this house is going to feel a lot like AvP 2.0.

There's absolutely visual similarities (the amount of cocooned people / a losing war) as well as the scale comparisons (both having massive, vertical sets in a soundstage).

I've got a good feeling about the Stranger Things maze, though. What I've seen spells promising things (even beyond what's spelled out in the audio). The scares definitely skew more theatrical, but man, it's impressive theatrics.

Lot of Orlando peeps are clowning on our ST maze. Still very optimistic but a lot of hecklers.

I know there's no show lighting but the RUN scene feels a bit smaller than UOR's and I'm not sure how to feel about that. That should be the centerpiece of the maze IMO.

you're telling me you had all this time to post it while we were waiting for it for a week, and now you post it after. huh [not angry, just think that's...weird]

You ever hear of something called a press embargo?

I know there's no show lighting but the RUN scene feels a bit smaller than UOR's and I'm not sure how to feel about that. That should be the centerpiece of the maze IMO.

You ever hear of something called a press embargo?

It doesn't actually seem that much smaller, though granted we haven't seen full images of the room. Biggest thing is that the furniture just looks smaller; the couch and the shelf both. I guess that does make it look a bit emptier.

It's possible that the room is the same "width," but not the same "depth," if that makes sense.