Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 358 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
question...I may have gotten some bad info, but a neighbor who is a big HHN person said they are implementing "# of drink maximum's" now. Is this true?
I had never heard of such a thing.

In the past, yes. This weekend, I haven't noticed any of that behavior - but I'm just one set of eyes, so.
Saturday night I was behind a woman who had no shoes on in the StrTh queue, and talking to her she was pretty dazed. Not sure about slurred speech and wobbly movement, but she was getting there.

They said they "marked your arm" and once you had "X amount of drinks" they no longer served you. Which I'd never heard before.

Didn't see this. Standard one-drink-per-person rule in effect of course. They were actively pushing the orange wristbands on Saturday, maybe a misunderstanding of that?

Reactions: Joel
Beats me, the dogs had fairy lights on so maybe a way of scare actors seeing them? Must be a sensory overload for those animals though..

Dogs at HHN have become more common recently I think. specially because the actors like to see them and people take a lot of pics of the dogs in the zones. I know they are still service animals but on fb it kinda became a trend to take them to the zones and take pics. But also there were some actors that said that the job was really hard and that when they saw the dogs they felt a lot better that day, so in a way the dogs ended up being helpful to even the actors (just from judging what people were saying on FB)
I don't know how the dogs deal with the loud noises, but im sure they train them for stuff like that.

Dogs at HHN have become more common recently I think. specially because the actors like to see them and people take a lot of pics of the dogs in the zones. I know they are still service animals but on fb it kinda became a trend to take them to the zones and take pics. But also there were some actors that said that the job was really hard and that when they saw the dogs they felt a lot better that day, so in a way the dogs ended up being helpful to even the actors (just from judging what people were saying on FB)
I don't know how the dogs deal with the loud noises, but im sure they train them for stuff like that.

Yep i get that and see the point, never thought of it like that. But surely sometimes in the houses they provide the scares before having the time to realise the dogs are there? This puppy i saw was tiny though, but maybe she picked it up and carried it once in the house.

The taking of "service animals" to HHN makes me so mad. So unfair to those animals.

I understand people need service animals but i agree, just like carrying a child through these areas i think it's unfair to them.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Most people who use "service animals" don't need them, and the system is abused horribly. Basically any animal can get designated a service animal.

I have a lawsuit pending against United, because they wouldn't let me bring my service elephant on the plane. Don't they know I get nervous unless Jumbo is with me?

I believe you guys are referring to ESA's, or emotional support animals. Service animals are completely different and are highly regulated because those literally cannot be denied anywhere by law.

I haven't been by it personally so I don't actually know myself. But from everything i've heard (and even from what someone said on here), there was a chainsaw horde of killer mechanics there on Friday. Things are continually changing with each day that goes by however so who knows. I just got tipped about it happening on Friday, anything past that I have no idea about.

Just figured i'd respond to this since i'm the one who originally posted about it.

I counted 7 “mechanic” type chainsaw SA’s in San Fran around 9:30ish on Friday so can confirm they were there.

As much as they crush my soul I do I wish one of them would’ve came by to help me cut my waffles though.

I believe you guys are referring to ESA's, or emotional support animals. Service animals are completely different and are highly regulated because those literally cannot be denied anywhere by law.

The issue is that, people with "ESAs" try to treat them like Service Animals, and tend to throw a fit when companies disagree with them.

Reactions: Joel and JungleSkip