Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 360 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
flash blinds the actors. there's no flash, if you saw flash was because the team members didnt see them .
people are usually told to not use flash, Unless they are professional photographers, sometimes those are allowed to use flash (or unless the photographer is friends with the team members or the actors because sometimes the actors want professional pictures of their costumes )
and even the professional photographers use a different flash than a regular camera.

But yeah the flash on your phone is too bright, people on stilts are specially affected by the flashing so they have to turn their head to the side if you use flash

That makes sense, i made sure from then on to check flash was off before recording. It was mostly people having photo's taken with scare actors that were using flash, and no one was told to turn them off. Did see a few of the Universal Photographers around though so will probably stick to using them.

When waiting for Carnival Graveyard a clown popped out maybe for shift change? A few people pulled out phones and was instantly told to put them away. Not too far from the entrance to the soundstage.
I saw a clown flaunt by the queue as well! Either that's a common occurrence for CG, or we might have been in the same queue Saturday. Small world.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I was just going to comment on that.

Also, to boot.

For the sake of clarity, this was originally in-part to one of the Jim Hill podcasts, to where that came from in the first place from him. Then, it somewhat blew up, and other sites like HHNU came in and reported it.

so HHN WILL be changing then.

notice how the tweet says that it will never be family friendly, But that there is "less gore" and how HHN is about "variety" lol

you have to read between the lines

Hey y’all! I have some questions and I’m hoping you guys can help me out. If this isn’t the right board please let me know sorry!
I’m going to be 15 weeks pregnant when we come (weds oct 3) and I have some concerns:
For Finnegans stay and scream, when people head to ST, is it chaos? Pushing and shoving? Or pretty well controlled by ops?
How wet do you get in seeds? Are we talking classic uni water spraying or are people getting soaked?
In dead exposure, because of the lighting, do you feel there’s an increased risk of tripping?
Thanks to anyone who can help!

Hey y’all! I have some questions and I’m hoping you guys can help me out. If this isn’t the right board please let me know sorry!
I’m going to be 15 weeks pregnant when we come (weds oct 3) and I have some concerns:
For Finnegans stay and scream, when people head to ST, is it chaos? Pushing and shoving? Or pretty well controlled by ops?
How wet do you get in seeds? Are we talking classic uni water spraying or are people getting soaked?
In dead exposure, because of the lighting, do you feel there’s an increased risk of tripping?

if you dont want to get wet, avoid walking by the Barrel Monkey stage in the chucky zone. that stage throws A LOT of water. like more than Ive ever seen thrown at HHN. theres always a puddle around that monkey stage too.
the carnival house has a room where you get wet too, I think the water in that room is triggered by people pressing something. the floors in that carnival house can get slippery because of this.
Also i dont know how you get wet in Seeds of Extinction, but I do know the floor is slippery in that house.

And yes, Dead Exposure is definitely prone to tripping. it is hard to see and there are flashes of light going off the whole time. the entire house is flashing of lights going off. And I remember in one room my foot hit some kind of box and i almost fell. i cant remember which room but there was something in the way. I think Halloween also has something like a small box in one of the hallways.

I guess if you go, walk slowly and always be mindful of your step. if you walk slowly and mind your pace you will be fine with whatever is in the way.
The set up of Dead Exposure is confusing as well and some of the pathways are a little bit confusing. some people have gone into boo holes by mistake.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit

To add to what the code posted the release to the houses is controlled chaos, no real pushing or shoving but a mass of people moving towards ST
Most are respectful so no running or cutting but it is 7-8 wide that narrows to 2-3wide as you get into the queue. More of a fast shuffle

notice how the tweet says that it will never be family friendly, But that there is "less gore" and how HHN is about "variety" lol

Did you read his entire line of tweets though? When talking about "less gore" he references movies like Psycho, The Shining, Exorcist, Poltergeist, etc.

He's saying that they've always been doing this, and will continue to reach out for properties that they're inspired by. Whether they're more tame horror (Stranger Things), or something a little more extreme (like Carnival Graveyard from what I hear).

It's always been like that. Psycho Path and People Under the Stairs way back in 93 were two very different houses. They've done Fear Factor, Winter's Night, In-between, Disorientorium, Saws and Steam, Doomsday, The Mummy... A variety.

They've done gore houses, ghost houses, fun houses... Intense monster houses (Catacombs) with suspenseful, eerie houses (Orfanage) - neither with a lot of gore. They've done Saw and The Wolfman remake and Chucky. They've had years with almost no blood and years coated in it.

I should pull the "house categories" research I did a few years ago. It highlights how every year has certain houses that fit a "genre" (monster house, ghost house, effects house), and a general tone (violent, creepy).

The point is, no, the event isn't changing. Yes, it's always been a remarkably varied event. Yes, they've always allowed children and babies. The event is 28 years old. They have more houses and make more more money, but the event is still the same thing.

If i were you, I would definitely wear sunglasses during the day leading up to the houses, as you’ll be used to the darkness when you go in and be less prone to tripping.

Seeds has a
tilted hall
at one point and a scare triggers water in that section, so I could see that being dangerous.

Poltergeist also gets VERY wet in the first scene and that could lead to wet shoes throughout the house, but I’m not sure about the rest of the house’s floors.

Carnival gets you wet, but in my experience only on the side of your torso, shouldn’t be hazardous to tripping.

Dead Exposure is EXTREMELY disorienting and is what I’d say is the one you should skip if you 100% want to avoid tripping.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
*looks at merch*

It was never really the theme.

Which, though I was keyed in on there potentially being a "blast from the past theme," shouldn't really surprise anyone. The "past" talk started disappearing from Uni's official comments on the event in, like, July. Whether it's because of money or conscious decision-making, cohesive themes are no longer a focus of the event.
Why?

Because, from a management and general marketing perspective, they require development resources that aren't necessary. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

A lot of people don't realize that the websites from the aughts were developed on A&D's personal time. They were a product of the freedom (and time) A&D was given. The lead developer of those sites (Kim) left Universal for Disney a few years ago. Marketing is in charge of that stuff now.

The disparate "messaging" of HHN is really just a symptom of a lot of Universal's operational problems. I've said it before (and I'll say it again until it changes), Universal operates like it's a lot smaller than it is. The multi-department synchronization that Disney does so well, Universal is still learning how to do.

The "fix" within HHN is a small team (2-3 people) whose only job is to coalesce A&D, Marketing, Operations, Merch, and F&B, around a single approved theme. They'd essentially be the HHN flame keepers.

Universal won't pay for that though. It's only in service to the hardcore fans.

so here's something interesting,
I've heard some people refer to the clowns in the simpsons Area as "the American Horror Story Cult scarezone" some people are absolutely convinced that the clowns in that area are from American Horror story lol

kind of interesting, because in a weird way they do fit the look, they dont wear masks but their outfits are very similar

so here's something interesting,
I've heard some people refer to the clowns in the simpsons Area as "the American Horror Story Cult scarezone" some people are absolutely convinced that the clowns in that area are from American Horror story lol

kind of interesting, because in a weird way they do fit the look, they dont wear masks but their outfits are very similar
Eh...
ahs-gimp.jpg

I'd say the AHS costumes are a bit more fantastical and flamboyant, although there are similarities.

I have mad respect for the front line workers...it should only be the actors that need one day of practice as others can be paired/shadowed.
Actors need time as well. Certainly not as much as events ops who deal with a whole bunch of crap, work crazy hours and have a lot expected of them, but some of you guys talk about scare intensity. It takes a little time for some, especially on the streets, to figure out which scares work the best and what doesn't work. It also doesn't help an actor when in the first few days, their costume is constantly being altered and the prop they used is being changed out still so really the entire first weekend is test and adjust even for the entertainment side of thing (actors, costuming, make-up, stage managers, etc, etc).