Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 28: Horrors of Blumhouse

Now I wonder if we should have had the same movies for the house that California got.

I wonder if we should have gotten Truth or Dare and Unfriended for our house.

I hated those movies and i think they are stupid, but for the house maybe it wouldn't be as boring and as repetitive as Happy Death Day
Truth or Dare would have been just as, or even more, generic and repetitive as HDD, but without the fun parts.

Personally, i would’ve preferred Unfriended to the Purge at this point, and I really think we could have done something good with The Girl, but I guess that’s still possible for the future.

I enjoyed Truth or Dare. Had some cool environments and actors with those damn smiles.

I just cannot wrap my head around how Unfriended would work as a house, even if I consider the movie a guilty pleasure. Any videos of it floating around?

That was the plan till show ideas were shot down. Then we got a 10th house. So...

I just cant believe that a mega super giant corporation like Universal could not come up with a good idea for a show or not be able to find an established show and hired them......

Im not being sarcastic, it baffles me and i find it unbelievable that they were not able to come up with a good replacement for bill and ted.... (Unless they also had problems with where to put the show or something like that,

I mean, they are able to do giant deals with AMC and Netflix and WB... able to bring us the biggest IPs in modern history, be able to recreate movies in detail. spend millions of dollars creating this event

And yet...... they could not..... find a replacement show......................................:?:

Im not being sarcastic, it baffles me and i find it unbelievable that they were not able to come up with a good replacement for bill and ted....

Sorry to continue thread drift, but I'll actually knight up for 2018 Creative here--Universal has been trying to find another runaway success show for HHN for two decades. They've never truly found one (I'd argue Jack came the closest but even then, nowhere near the same numbers). B&T was lightning in a bottle, with a strong enough fan base that the good years covered for the less than stellar years. Throwing a show in a venue that only half fills it is a waste of resources.

Sorry to continue thread drift, but I'll actually knight up for 2018 Creative here--Universal has been trying to find another runaway success show for HHN for two decades. They've never truly found one (I'd argue Jack came the closest but even then, nowhere near the same numbers). B&T was lightning in a bottle, with a strong enough fan base that the good years covered for the less than stellar years. Throwing a show in a venue that only half fills it is a waste of resources.

I understand not being able to find something as great or as amazing or as clever or as creative as Bill and ted.

but they couldn't hire a magic show or a freak show or something? hire a clown show or something? bring back some of the guys they used to have like Brian or the penny guys? or get elvira or something?
I just cant believe they found No replacement at all. im not hating on Creative,
but my mind just cannot accept that they werent able to find an okay replacement for this year (unless, like I said, the problem also had to do with venue or something like that. )

Even if they had a real music band playing near the Vampire zone i would have taken something like that. something like a Midnight Syndicate show or just have people playing guitars or soemthing...

How did we even get Rocky horror picture show and why wasnt it ever brought back?

How did we even get Rocky horror picture show and why wasnt it ever brought back?

Most nights it struggled to half-fill the relatively small Beetlejuice venue--same as 20 Penny Circus and other magic acts--and way too many guests were offended by the content of the show, especially the call-backs. Never seen so many walk-outs during a theme park show.

It's the same as running Kang & Kodos. If only a tiny percentage of guests are going to bother, it's not worth the money to staff it. Why I appreciate Creative saying, hey, let's try another house. I just don't think that works, either.

Most nights it struggled to half-fill the relatively small Beetlejuice venue--same as 20 Penny Circus and other magic acts--and way too many guests were offended by the content of the show, especially the call-backs. Never seen so many walk-outs during a theme park show.

It's the same as running Kang & Kodos. If only a tiny percentage of guests are going to bother, it's not worth the money to staff it. Why I appreciate Creative saying, hey, let's try another house. I just don't think that works, either.

I Guess..... I guess we are truly stuck with 10 houses and just Academy of Villains for the time being.
I guess i was wrong, it really is that hard to get a new show (not being sarcastic) I just never knew it filled up so little.
it is interesting to hear this because it is really strange to hear that the shows didnt fill in. and weird to hear that uni had such trouble.

and this also brings up the point that Universal might eventually have to bring bill and ted back if they want a second show. I know they are done with it. but it sounds like they might have to find a way to work with it that wont affect them by using IPs. maybe they should stick to making fun of only using universal properties.
maybe if bill and ted just stuck to using whatever universal did for the last year the show could have been saved

I Guess..... I guess we are truly stuck with 10 houses and just Academy of Villains for the time being.
I guess i was wrong, it really is that hard to get a new show (not being sarcastic) I just never knew it filled up so little.
it is interesting to hear this because it is really strange to hear that the shows didnt fill in. and weird to hear that uni had such trouble.

and this also brings up the point that Universal might eventually have to bring bill and ted back if they want a second show. I know they are done with it. but it sounds like they might have to find a way to work with it that wont affect them by using IPs. maybe they should stick to making fun of only using universal properties.
maybe if bill and ted just stuck to using whatever universal did for the last year the show could have been saved

Well look at AoV - they were extremely well-received the past 2 years, and they have had some days where they can't fill the stadium. They gotta do 10/2, IMO. If they wanna bring back AoV, it needs to be as a secondary act. They need to find something bigger as the primary one.

Well look at AoV - they were extremely well-received the past 2 years, and they have had some days where they can't fill the stadium. They gotta do 10/2, IMO. If they wanna bring back AoV, it needs to be as a secondary act. They need to find something bigger as the primary one.

I personally don't think anything, save for bringing back Bill and Ted, will fill the stadium. It's at the point where I think 2-3 smaller scale shows make more sense than trying and failing to put a big production into the FFL theater