Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 354 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, for an Arizonan like me, it's more like--

April - Calm before the Heat Storm
May - Beginning of Heat Storm
June/September - Heat Storm Max
October - 80 Degrees is a perfect time for a jacket
November/March - Paradise

Winter 2019.

Not surprised, but it still annoys me to no end.

They should be hitting it in Late November/Early December, as it would have no impact for the major holiday rush. But who am I to talk..

Reactions: dustinwashere
Looking at Volcano Bay growth of plants after just 1 year this will be amazing to see in a few years. But putting in trees now is smart. I think Universal sees planting as much as structural theming as buildings. There is also the thing of getting to the location with these huge trees when it's still possible.
I said it before and I'll say it again, the person(s) managing that project are amazing. I hope Universal is a making a making off as we speak.

January, February - Winter
March, April - Spring
May, June, July - Summer
August - Hell
September- Why is it still 90 degrees?!?
October - Ahhh, now it feels good.... oh no wait, that’s just the AC.
November - Is it Christmas yet?
December - Ugh, it’s too cold! I wish it was summer!

Imagine my dismay having returned from being in 90F weather on Sunday to scrapping the frost off my car on Monday morning.

I envy you. I'd take frost over 90 degree heat in September anytime.

I’ll happily swap with you.

Yeah, Thursday in Orlando was insufferable. Back home now and 70 ish & sunny feels really comfortable. Just right.

I love Orlando but I could never move there, the heat would be too much to live with. 70ish sounds perfect however.

To kee this on topic, are we expecting the theming to have any kind of snow like the Hogsmeade?

So, I have begun thinking of this round structure as more of a barn than a house. That said, I went looking for historic inspirations for such a structure and found more in the US than in Europe (although Europe appears to be father of such designs).

Santa Rosa, CA
2560px-Fountaingrove_Round_Barn.jpg

West Cornwall, England
the-round-house-gallery-sennen-cove-sennen-west-cornwall-england-uk-bxdhxf.jpg

Unknown
1200px-Wheelhouse_at_Hudsons_Barn%2C_Burn_Bridge_016b.jpg

Oregon
Pete_French_Round_Barn_interior_EncMstr.jpeg

Round barn - Wikipedia

If anyone sees Alan Gilmore at the parks, grab him and ask what specific structure was the inspiration for the construction technique used.

First tease of info ever on Pottermore!

First look at Universal Orlando’s new Wizarding World of Harry Potter ride - Pottermore

potter-coaster-art-half.jpg

Take a peek at this exclusive new artwork for the latest coaster experience coming to Universal Orlando’s The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2019.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the theme park experience that opened at Universal Orlando in 2010, is soon to welcome a brand-new ride in the Hogsmeade section of the park.

Fancy a look? Of course you do!

Universal Orlando Resort Shares First Glimpse of New Coaster Experience Coming to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2019

The new coaster, which follows in the footsteps of the now-closed Dragon Challenge attraction, promises to immerse guests in an ‘all-new adventure’ in the ‘next instalment’ of the Wizarding World. Any guesses what it might be?

The ride is set to join other iconic Wizarding World attractions at Universal Orlando, such as the 3D experience Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, the roller coaster, Flight of the Hippogriff, and the immersive dark ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.

Stay tuned for more information on this mysterious new attraction, which will be unveiled in early 2019. Meet you in the queue?​

First tease of info ever on Pottermore!

First look at Universal Orlando’s new Wizarding World of Harry Potter ride - Pottermore

Take a peek at this exclusive new artwork for the latest coaster experience coming to Universal Orlando’s The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2019.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the theme park experience that opened at Universal Orlando in 2010, is soon to welcome a brand-new ride in the Hogsmeade section of the park.

Fancy a look? Of course you do!

Universal Orlando Resort Shares First Glimpse of New Coaster Experience Coming to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2019

The new coaster, which follows in the footsteps of the now-closed Dragon Challenge attraction, promises to immerse guests in an ‘all-new adventure’ in the ‘next instalment’ of the Wizarding World. Any guesses what it might be?

The ride is set to join other iconic Wizarding World attractions at Universal Orlando, such as the 3D experience Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, the roller coaster, Flight of the Hippogriff, and the immersive dark ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.

Stay tuned for more information on this mysterious new attraction, which will be unveiled in early 2019. Meet you in the queue?​

upload_2018-10-1_10-41-36.jpeg

That’s our first look at the new building and track!

Status
Not open for further replies.