Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 356 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from page - 'Stay tuned for more information on this mysterious new attraction, which will be unveiled in early 2019. Meet you in the queue?'

Can anyone elaborate further on their definition of unveiled? To me, that reads like opens early 2019 but that seems way too soon.
I think it means that they'll announce the name and story in January/February.

The ride will not open until summer at earliest.

Reactions: Magistra
First tease of info ever on Pottermore!

First look at Universal Orlando’s new Wizarding World of Harry Potter ride - Pottermore

View attachment 7988

Take a peek at this exclusive new artwork for the latest coaster experience coming to Universal Orlando’s The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2019.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the theme park experience that opened at Universal Orlando in 2010, is soon to welcome a brand-new ride in the Hogsmeade section of the park.

Fancy a look? Of course you do!

Universal Orlando Resort Shares First Glimpse of New Coaster Experience Coming to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2019

The new coaster, which follows in the footsteps of the now-closed Dragon Challenge attraction, promises to immerse guests in an ‘all-new adventure’ in the ‘next instalment’ of the Wizarding World. Any guesses what it might be?

The ride is set to join other iconic Wizarding World attractions at Universal Orlando, such as the 3D experience Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, the roller coaster, Flight of the Hippogriff, and the immersive dark ride, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts.

Stay tuned for more information on this mysterious new attraction, which will be unveiled in early 2019. Meet you in the queue?​
As it is from Pottermore, there are mistakes in the 3D part and the concept art looks crap, could this be a hoax?

Quote from page - 'Stay tuned for more information on this mysterious new attraction, which will be unveiled in early 2019. Meet you in the queue?'

Can anyone elaborate further on their definition of unveiled? To me, that reads like opens early 2019 but that seems way too soon.

I think that means more that "more information of this exciting new experience will be at around early 2019" than anything.

_

Glad to finally see something out in the wild.

I'm surprised that it's actual ruins as opposed to Hogwarts, which makes me wonder more if it's being done similar to Globus Mundi, to loosely connect to FB.

Reactions: HPFred and Ryno27
I think it means that they'll announce the name and story in January/February.

The ride will not open until summer at earliest.

Thanks Alicia, that was my thinking hence my surprise!

I think that means more that "more information of this exciting new experience will be at around early 2019" than anything.

Yeh having re-read it and using word such as 'stay tuned' and 'mysterious' suggests you're spot on. I just saw the news and got too excited and clicked that post reply button too quickly :thumbsup:

Reactions: Ryno27
As it is from Pottermore, there are mistakes in the 3D part and the concept art looks crap, could this be a hoax?

I think the concept art looks a bit off as well. The fairies look weirdly stuck on, the text seems odd along with the universal logo plus I don’t think this view is ever going to be possible which would be fine for concept art before construction but not wel after.

Having said that, the ruins look legit and it would be a difficult thing to fake this without going the full hog.

It’s odd but I’m fairly certain it’s real. The actual drawing is excellent but it’s the stuff added on top I don’tike.

Reactions: Ryno27
The 3D thing was a mistake, and the artwork looks legit. Why in the world would this be a hoax?

Just to add, Pottermore is the "official" site for all things Potter (similar to how there's a site to all things Star Wars), as it's actively used for news, lore, and other things. Hell, JK posts things there too.

But, we have to remind ourselves that this is promotional art, mainly to get the word out that something is coming, and you don't have to worry of a lack of something new; for both Potter fans & the GP.

I'm with @Teebin in that it's a wonderful piece of art, as it gives clues to things to expect; but not revealing every little thing.

Love it, its not exactly Diagon Alley-esque concept art but its as much of a tease as they could give us I think. The ruins look great, but havent they started putting the same arched windows either side of the large one already in place? Seems like its bare in this image.

The amount of trees is very exciting too.

Reactions: Magistra and Ryno27
Two things, now that there’s SOMETHING.

1) I’ve been told fairies are on the ride.

2) I was specifically told the ride takes place after the Battle of the Seven Potters. The more I’ve seen, the more I think it’s ACTUALLY after the Battle of Hogwarts (thus, the ruins). The story would essentially be the Hagrid’s creatures have broken free in the chaos of the battle and now Hagrid needs our help in reining them back.

Two things, now that there’s SOMETHING.

1) I’ve been told fairies are on the ride.

2) I was specifically told the ride takes place after the Battle of the Seven Potters. The more I’ve seen, the more I think it’s ACTUALLY after the Battle of Hogwarts (thus, the ruins). The story would essentially be the Hagrid’s creatures have broken free in the chaos of the battle and now Hagrid needs our help in reining them back.

By "Seven Potters" do you mean Battle of Hogwarts?

By "Seven Potters" do you mean Battle of Hogwarts?
No. The Battle of the Seven Potters is the beginning of Deadly Hallows, when everyone drinks the polyjuice potion (and there are seven Harry Potters).

I was told it took place for that because of some thematic stuff.

EDIT - The timeline is important though, because it also explains why there are seven motorbikes with sidecars...

No. The Battle of the Seven Potters is the beginning of Deadly Hallows, when everyone drinks the polyjuice potion (and there are seven Harry Potters).

I was told it took place for that because of some thematic stuff.

EDIT - The timeline is important though, because it also explains why there are seven motorbikes with sidecars...

Very clever. That would explain the sttange number of seats per train.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Status
Not open for further replies.