Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 358 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear, I've never "heard" about this taking place after BoH, just spit balling along with the speculation.
It wasn't from a reliable source so I discounted it... but I wonder if it came about in a similar manner as the discussion we're having today - stemming from the idea of "ruins" being involved on the ride? I can see why someone would jump to that conclusion...

Currently though, I'm still leaning towards it simply being an old part of the castle we never saw, chilling out at the edge of the property near some creature stables, as well as some caves we also never saw in the films.

Currently though, I'm still leaning towards it simply being an old part of the castle we never saw, chilling out at the edge of the property near some creature stables, as well as some caves we also never saw in the films.

*or brought up in the book

That's the problem with not making a new fictional area a la Galaxy edge or Isla Adventura. You have to stay true to the area, if you're going to be in that area. Especially with Harry Potter.
It's the quintessential theme park land, so I think expecting near perfection isn't out of the realm of reason, personally.

I like hearing the guesses, though. I actually think having us be "lesser wizards" that Hagrid sends off to save animals during the battle while he and the other wizards fight would lead to lots of really fun and interesting things. I'm ancious to see what Uni actually comes out with and says.

*or brought up in the book

That's the problem with not making a new fictional area a la Galaxy edge or Isla Adventura. You have to stay true to the area, if you're going to be in that area. Especially with Harry Potter.
It's the quintessential theme park land, so I think expecting near perfection isn't out of the realm of reason, personally.

I mean, there was never an Ollivander's in Hogsmeade in the books/movies either.

I don't think "Oh yea there's some old ruins out in the Forbidden Forest" is some giant leap in logic.

All I'm 100% of is that it takes place after Battle of the 7 Potters. After the Battle of Hogwarts is spec.

The initial implication I got was that the ride takes place concurrently with most of Deathly Hallows. The idea was Hagrid is an emotional wreck with Harry, Hermione, and Ron missing, Dumbledore dead, and Snape as Headmaster, and so he's let his duties as Groundskeeper suffer and "allowed" the creatures to go wild.

Personally, I LOVE this idea. But the more I thought I about it the more I thought it was a little too heady for a theme park. That's why I started leaning more toward post-Battle of Hogwarts.

And, regarding the fairies/pixies...
They may be "attacking" the Anglia

I mean, there was never an Ollivander's in Hogsmeade in the books/movies either.

I don't think "Oh yea there's some old ruins out in the Forbidden Forest" is some giant leap in logic.
Or Sugarplums or Carkitt Market, which are great additions to Diagon. Plus, Globus Mindi coming up. All added after the fact. As long as J.K approves, it becomes canon.

If Diagon were built first, we wouldn't have an Ollivander's in Hogsmeade.

There also isn't frozen butterbeer.

Concessions can be made at the benefit of the almighty dollar. Apples/Oranges.

Sorry. I don't see how those concessions can be made but "There's some ruins in the forest" is some big departure.

Every example you and @Alicia said have $ behind it. This doesn't. That's how.

But Alicia is right, all JK has to say is "there are ruins outside of hogwarts" and that's that. Lazy, but I get it.

I'm just hoping there is a logical explanation. And while this is all "grander" than something like the boathouse or *gasp* even shrieking shack; for the fans of HP, being in those areas would mean more than an "after thought" ruins area. If, in fact, that's what we're getting (again- this is all speculation).

Reactions: Magistra
I'm just hoping there is a logical explanation. And while this is all "grander" than something like the boathouse or *gasp* even shrieking shack; for the fans of HP, being in those areas would mean more than an "after thought" ruins area. If, in fact, that's what we're getting (again- this is all speculation).
FYI, Jim Hill said on Disney Dish recently that he heard Shrieking Shack and a Whomping Willow spinner ride will be taking over the Sindbad plot. Not that I necessarily believe that, but wanted to point out that the Shrieking Shack rumor continues to haunt me!

Just bringing this up, didn't @Disneyhead seem to insinuate that MoM would also be after the Battle of Hogwarts?

Perhaps this and MoM are to clean up any inconsistencies with the film timeline, and to help plant seed's for future events for Fantastic Beasts?

FYI, Jim Hill said on Disney Dish recently that he heard Shrieking Shack and a Whomping Willow spinner ride will be taking over the Sindbad plot. Not that I necessarily believe that, but wanted to point out that the Shrieking Shack rumor continues to haunt me!

Find someone who loves you like Jim Hill loves saying Universal is going to build a Whomping Willow spinner*.

*They're not.

I would be all in on a Whomping Willow spinner. That is the most perfectly Universal rumor ever.

But will it be better than the Mary Poppins spinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.