Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rafiki’s Planet Watch - Reopening Summer 2019

Having just visited again I was shocked by the lack of Rafiki himself. There’s the sign before going on the train, a statue when you disembark, and two wooden flats on your walk in. Other than the meet and greet, there’s no other signs of Rafiki at all.

They could rename it literally anything, and it would take only a couple hours to retheme away from Rafiki. There’s absolutely no mention of him inside the Conservation Station.

I think they have an opportunity to bring in all sorts of different meet and greets here to help boost its popularity. They even did a test with Thumper meeting for Bambi’s anniversary recently, and that brought in new visitors.

Personally, I’m a fan of Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde, so replacing Rafiki with them would be fine by me. Currently they really only appear in the Move It Shake it party at MK.

That's too bad that he's so wasted but oh well. A retheme is not worse than shuttering it completely in my mind. It isn't even the station that I like so much, I just think the train ride is neat and would hate it to see it go.

OH! THAT Rafiki. Stupid DUH to Teebin...

latest

Take this the finest grain of salt, but CMs supposedly saying that it'll only be closed until Spring. I have no idea if this is accurate or not.

Y'know, if they wanted to just refresh Rafiki's Planet Watch, why not redo it to integrate National Geographic?

They already are doing such with Magic of The Animal Kingdom, and it would make a lot of sense on a synergistic level. Plus, it could actually make a lot of sense for that area.

Give it a modern refresh in the area, and it could fit in quite well as a WDW50 addition.

Y'know, if they wanted to just refresh Rafiki's Planet Watch, why not redo it to integrate National Geographic?

They already are doing such with Magic of The Animal Kingdom, and it would make a lot of sense on a synergistic level.
Who knows, maybe they will. Although I still feel like they should just axe the concept of Planet Watch tbh. Rafiki's is better than many things that could be thrown in this space, but they could also use the land for much better, too.